Kenny Cooper JR unhappy at FCD and wants out according to Glenn Davis

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by drace768, Jan 11, 2008.

1. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Seriously. He's crazy if he thinks he's going to get a big contract extension coming off of a year like Kenny had. Was it unlucky? Yes. Is that how life works? Yes. If he comes out and lights it up in the first part of the season he will get paid. Sounds like he's got people in his ear like Nunez did telling him he can get bigger money elsewhere and it's majorly backfired.

There's just no way we ship Kenny to Houston.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not to mention, every thing I've ever heard from Kenny shows he loves it in Big D. He would be miserable in that hole of a town down south. He's got a good thing here and I hope I'm preaching to the choir because he's the star on a growing team, with great trianing fields, a great stadium, and he's close to home. Who could ask for more than that at his current state?

Glenn Davis can kiss my brown Dallas ass with his constant Houston **** sucking.

3. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it is so much a 'playing time' issue. I think Kenny came to Dallas expecting one thing and, after satisfying his part of the deal, he got another.

4. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    What could he be expecting that FCD hasn't given him?

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    E66 has mentioned in the past that FCD will tell a player that if they do "X" and "Y" they will get a big payday, but when player does those things there is magically no money in the cap for them anymore. Now, he also stated he wasn't refering to Cooper when talking about that, but I think people have mixed the two things together incorrectly.

6. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Well, as I've said he unfortunately had a rough season last year. Is it fair that because he broke his leg he's not getting a payday yet? Perhaps not. Is that business? Absolutely and as long as he comes out like a professional and gets the job done in the first few months of the season he will get his payday.

7. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys don't remember this...

http://www.dallassoccernews.com/article.php?article_id=431

8. Griffle

Griffle New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Richardson
    Re: Kenny unhappy?

Dammit, I missed the thread that is three pages long.

I digress...

9. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Are there any happy forwards in Dallas?

10. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    hahaha this shit is hilarious over on the houston boards. just to show you how retarded they are, some feel a KCJ for Corey Ashe and Wondolowski trade would work.

are they F()CKING retarded? not only would we not ever trade him to our rival, but for those two piece of shit players.

11. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I would trade Cooper to Houston for Robinson and either Mullan or Davis.

12. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    To be quite honest, I would love getting some value for KCJr. and let him start fresh elsewhere else.

I get about as excited about him as I do about Moor. Which is to say I can't say anything remotely bad about them but I just don't find them that intereting. Cooper is clearly productive, and I think you can build an attack around him. But he's like Billy Joel or Fleetwood Mac. I just don't find him that interesting.

Why is this? I think with me is that, being a bolivian drawf, I have a natural comtempt for big strong, physically gifted athletes. Eddie Johnson, KCJr? Well of course they are professionals. Lurches. Their moms probably gave them milk at breakfast instead of fizless Jarritos that had been opened the night before.

Big southern dummy! Humungous blackamoor!

The fact that I can't explain myself, buttressed by the fact that I know nothing of soccer, nevertheless does not hinder the necessity of sharing my thoughts. Toja leaves? Breaks my heart. Ruiz leaves, I'm kind of sad. Hell, I was the only one around here who was bummed about Nunez. I feel bad for Oduro who needs more touches. I love watching Dax play.

But Kenny Cooper, Jr. As much as I like the kid, I just have never truly warmed to him. There is something a bit stepford about him. If he were a midget opie like Dax, I might feel differently.

13. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I would be very sorry to see KC go. I thought we were on the verge of something very cool. Having Ruiz as a target, and KC and a deft behind the ball movement type gave us many happy times.

But, the tactical plan being put in place will probably not suite a forward looking to impress. Don't know if it is a money issue, or a lack of faith issue. But, I'd be very interested to know.

BTW, it still isn't too late. What if we just simply get another coach as opposed to torching the roster.

This is beginning to make me dizzy...... hello Southlake, Andy? Andy Swift is that you leaving, where's Graziani? , Mike Jefferies why are you playing in defense? Mike? is that really you? Where did your hair go? Who took Papi? Where are all of our good players going? ..the room is getting very dark.. What the hell is going on? Why the hell is Drum'r Boy hitting me in the head with his crooked drum stick? Someone please make it stop.

14. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX

How could there be with the "service" provided from this midfield?

15. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
  16. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, I wasn't going to even say anything. he just reminds me too much of too many myopic jocks I've known throughout my life. just doesn't have a lot of personality or character, or perhaps brains, from what we can tell in the media. not that that's a reason to get rid of him, that's just how sports players are in America (and several other countries), but it does mean he's never been one of my favorites. if we can get something for him, it's cool with me.

17. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    hello :)

a team (LA) with more stardust than results could need Kenny Cooper's services IMO

I know the Galaxy roster is not very appealing for a trade quality wise, but would there be players Dallas could be interested in (other than Becks and Donovan) ?

18. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    LA is already giving us players for Ruiz.

19. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    Man, I think this is soooooo funny!!

20. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    first, everyone wanted Alvarez gone after the playoffs, then Ruiz, and now Cooper. This is getting absurd

21. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Kenny has potential, but now that teams have figured out that he's not very physical and that he has more confidence in his dribbling than he should, I think the bloom will be off the rose.

To me, he has always appeared to be too stiff in his movements. Yes, I know that he is a big dude, but Big Mama was huge and he always displayed a fluid body movement. I've never seen that in Kenny.

I think much of Kenny's success is due to his work ethic, which is definitely to his credit.

On the other hand, I don't believe he is a future "franchise" player who is a constant game-breaking threat.

One point in particular: for a guy that works as hard as he does (and is as young as he is), he gets incredibly winded at a rapid pace. This is why (it seems to me) that he scored a good portion of his goals within the first twenty minutes of games, but rarely registered a brace. He frequently becomes invisible in games.

If he were very physical like Dichio, I think the guy could be a terror in the air. He has the accuracy and the smarts; he just doesn't have the net crashing, stand-in-my-way-and-I'll-stomp-you-with-my-cleats mentality.

Abe holds the ball much better than Kenny does. Carlos is more aggressive in the air. If ManU or others come calling, I'm not going to panic, that's for sure.

22. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I'm not going to start running around waving my arms in a panic until there's confirmation of this.

KCJ got new representation a year ago. Also, FCD and/or HSG may or may not have been too forthright in dealing with him financially and may or may not have made promises to him that they're not keeping. Frankly, I can very well see this as his representation's doing its job. They're putting this story out there to unsettle FCD and HSG management, who might've been taking him for granted and who might've been comfortable with him on the books for a low amount of money.

And the reason why they might be doing that? I don't know what KCJ's deal with MLS is, but consider that the "standard" MLS deal is for two years plus a two-year option. And guess which year KCJ just concluded. In other words, I can see this as a way for his representation to go to MLS and say, "Hey, our boy just finished his two-year deal and well, he's not been happy with what he's being paid, given his strike rate while he's been in Dallas. Make him happy, especially since you just jettisoned Denilson and are about to jettison Ruiz."

This is all just speculation on my part, but I have no problem if that is what's going on. MLS brass will screw over players as much as they can, so I don't really have a problem if his people are trying to wag the dog a little to get him more money. Welcome to professional sports.

23. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Please, just get the man some service. I think that would up his spirits some. I don't blame him for being despondent, if that's truly the case. Of course, Ruiz could have the same complaints. Shit, I can't imagine if FCD was to go into next year without either striker. If that happens, then I'll be the first to provide the tar and feathers.

24. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    If you consider 80k a low amount of money. Not saying he doesn't deserve more, but it's not as if the guy is going hungry here.