Keller...Skills on and off the Field!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Melloblkmon, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Melloblkmon

Melloblkmon Member

Sep 11, 2000
    At Home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    That pic makes Keller look like he spent some time at the beach

3. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big Keller fan but I have begun to flinch whenever I'm about to read his statements. It's good to see this kind of stuff come out, too. Thanks for the link.

4. jack921

jack921 New Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Maybe reading Keller's comments can make you flinch, but listening to Brad's pseudo British accents makes me want to puke no matter what he's saying. But I like them both as keepers.

5. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear a lot about Brad's accent and he sure catches flak for it, but it doesn't seem that bad to me. I like them both, too.

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    There's nothing especially wrong with the accent except for the fact that it is phony-baloney! He's done us proud so no complaints from me.

7. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Some people legitimately do pick up accents in a very short period of time. Others are phoneys. I have no idea to which category Brad belongs but I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with the first case.

8. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    He is married to an english woman isn't here? I mean, when that's all you hear, all year long, it doesn't seem too implausible that you would develop a pretty weird accent pretty quick.

9. wasdykec

wasdykec Member

May 6, 2002
    Jax, Florida
    a lot of americans that leave in england or vice versa brits that live in america, develop messed up accent, i forget what its called, trans-atlantic or something, my g/f (whos british) had a professor who was american, but had lived in england for like 8 years and had picked up a weird accent, so i guess it just happens. But i don't wanna sound like that!

10. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    My GK coach in college is from Newcastle England but has lived in California for a few years now. He's only 24 but sounds like a surfer dude straight out of England.
    Imagine an English guy saying this:
    "Well, yeah bro, all you have to do is make yourself really big and it'll freak out the striker. I mean, no chance for him at all."
    It's really quite funny.

11. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think (maybe, could be) it's called "mid-atlantic". A good example is the guy that plays Higgins in Magnum PI re-runs. He's originally from Texas.