Keidane McAlpine to Georgia

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I just saw this on TDS coaching changes.
    That's huge IMO. He's a top level coach!
    What say you?
    Is this the case of UGA paying big money, or discontent at USC?

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  2. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Lol tell us you don’t pay that much attention to college womens soccer without telling us you don’t pay that much attention to college womens soccer

2233soccer and Number007 repped this.
  3. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    He is from the southeastern part of the US. He probably wanted to go back near home, and certainly got a nice chunk of change too.

4. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm guessing that's SEC money. UGA took Patrick Baker from FSU shortly after he took us to our first CC.
    Just stay away from Krikorian and I'm fine!

5. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Interested to see who they hire for the volunteer GK coach here, know one coach who has already turned it down.

Keidane got a huge pay bump from the previous coach ($152k - you can look it up), over $200k+, which in Athens is endless money. I think this will end up being one of smarter hires of recent years, wish him the best

6. Tash Deliganis

Jan 16, 2022
    It's been needed. As a Floridian, it was a continual conversation among coaches that Georgia, Auburn and Alabama were a waste of time under existing coaches. Waiting for Alabama and Auburn to put some money into the women's program.

7. Fanatic#88

Fanatic#88 Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Volunteer coach??? Why? Georgia just won a football national championship. $$$$$
    Already stepping over dollars to pick up dimes. Not good.

8. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Already have 3 coaches on staff, all USC staff came with Keidane. Football money is COMPLETELY different than soccer budget money, especially at SEC schools.

9. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Every staff can only have three paid coaches. 4th one must be a volunteer coach.

Nacional Tijuana and Fanatic#88 repped this.
  10. Fanatic#88

Fanatic#88 Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Of course football money is different. It does trickle into the other programs, including at SEC schools.

11. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    My father was in the administration at UGA for quite sometime, the soccer budget is the soccer budget there. That money will trickle into WBB, Equestrian, Gymnastics before it reaches soccer.

12. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Released the spring schedule yesterday. Some interesting games on there. Also added a new recruit, wonder if he will keep adding before the Fall?

13. Shales1002

Shales1002 New Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Previous USC GK commit. Looks like he just added a transfer from UCLA too.

14. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Who did he bring in from UCLA? I could not find anything online about it.

15. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Isn't he a big transfer guy? He seemed to bring in a lot of transfers at USC.

16. Shales1002

Shales1002 New Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Posted on social media…Dasia T.

ytrs repped this.
  17. NewbieSoccerMom

Chicago
    United States
    Nov 4, 2021
    Huge transfer from Wisconsin was announced by her today! Has to be more to the story......but seems to be a huge plus for Georgia!

Shales1002 repped this.
  18. Almost done

Almost done Member

Juventus
    United States
    Oct 4, 2019
    She originally committed to USC out of high school.

19. Tash Deliganis

Jan 16, 2022
    From her UCLA bio: ' Her mother played on the University of Georgia’s women’s soccer team, and her father played on Georgia’s football team'

20. Sledhead

Sledhead Member

Atalanta
    United States
    Jul 14, 2019
    She is a really strong player. My daughter ran into her from time to time throughout her club career. I was surprised to see that she transferred from Wisconsin though. When ever I watched them in the Fall, she seemed to be playing a pretty good role for the Badgers. Hope she settles in and has finally found her home.

21. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Apparently he cleaned house at the end of the Spring and cut 14 players. No changes on the roster online yet, but interested to see who he kept

Shales1002 repped this.
  22. Lou T

Lou T New Member

miami
    United States
    Jul 25, 2022
    Seems like a lot of that going around right now. Spring season is over and teams are creating space for final recruits and the May 1st portal. Let the merry-go-round begin......
    But 14 is a lot of players.

23. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    You are responding to a post that is a year old.

24. Lou T

Lou T New Member

miami
    United States
    Jul 25, 2022