Keeping the bench warm- The Chelsea Reserve and Youth Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    yes. He is a cousin of Tom Ince, who is the son of Paul.

I think we will see less and less of Magnay as the season progresses. Quite frankly I was suprised that the club kept him on for another year but perhaps with the likes of Kalas being loaned out and the pending work permit issues with Rajkovic it was not a bad idea.

:)

2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :confused:thought you were loaned out to Vitesse board

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    they sent me back after we loaned them Kalas

I wanted to be swapped for Kalou and Anelka but Vitesse were not having that.

4. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :D don't think any team is gullible enough to take them, wait Wenger likes Kalou and needs a big buy...

7. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Really good stuff. Team news, all chances from each half dissected, manager quotes, etc... Have to say the club have really given the Reserves/Academy a proper showing in the last couple of years, and from the trophy room, it shows.

8. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    he'd not long come back off a bad injury at the end of last season. the club are pretty good with this sort of thing and have kept him on till january with the intention of further rehabilitation and finding him a new club.

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    amazing that this has never been reported in the mainstream media...

:rolleyes:

much like some of the other Charity work or contributions made by the club or the players

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Andy,

I was gutted to hear about Phillip. I just dont know if he will feature for us in the long run after suffering another serious injury. I really think he is a decent player but I think this was a crucial season for his development.

Your thoughts?

11. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    yeah, now the only thing for Magnay is to find a decent league club, get a short deal & work hard to get his career back on strides. Until some time ago I never even realised Magnay is 22+. he needs playing games in any possible form.

BTw, now Rajkovic gone, with no other young back up available other than Chalobah & may be Ince, is it possible for Magnay to have a shot at 4th choice in case Alex is sold & no CB is signed? I know it's very unlikely, just asking for thoughts.

12. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    yes, quite a change from last years, & a format is followed. very glad with the materials & content too. Did they hired a new bloke to write reports? even the first team match reports follow a pattern now. A good improvement.

13. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In all honesty, I've never thought he would have any sort of career with Chelsea.

But he worked incredibly hard during and since his last long injury lay-off and if he maintains that positive attitude then he will again come back stronger and better than before, and forge a succesful career in the game.

14. Andy F

Andy F Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    not a chance really. the club would far rather promote chalobah.

15. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    thanks for the response. I see that his injury update is now 12-18 months and tbh I would be suprised if he plays for us again.

I thought out of the current crop of forwards he was the safest bet as he did seem to have an eye for the goal and a knack for being in the right place at the right time. I am quite concerned about the play of the current group of attacking/fowards in the ressies (Lalkovic aside).

I do know that the next few youth groups have some promising attacking talent in them.

16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Finally, reports in Portugal over the weekend suggested that Cameroonian forward Gael Etock – linked with Chelsea – has signed a permanent contract with Sporting Lisbon and has not been loaned to them as was initially reported.

http://thechels.net/2011/08/the-loan-report-august-15-21/

17. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  18. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  19. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    New squad numbers: 45. Nathaniel Chalobah, 46. Jamal Blackman.
    11 minutes ago

20. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    u18s lost 2-0 to Crew at home. I guess Adi will take some more time to get adjusted at this level.

21. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    We're blooding in a ton of school boys, let it play out.

22. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    yep. Going to be a tough year for the youngsters as they are starting a new cycle.

23. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    http://thechels.net/2011/08/the-loan-report-august-22-28/

loan update.

Saw the Northmapton highlights and Juni is correct about Sam Walker. The first goal was a tidy low finish from about eight yards which he had very little chance with and the second was a pen which he almost got a hand to.

24. ChicagoDmitry

ChicagoDmitry Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    I'm new here, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this, but what is the prognosis in terms of Josh McEachran getting some first team action this year? If Chelsea fails to land Modric (increasingly looking like it will be the case), will Josh get a chance, or will AVB look for an alternative buy this winter?

In fact, I never understood spending 30 million plus on Modric when you already have a highly rated youngster possibly capable of doing exactly the same thing...