Keeping the bench warm- The Chelsea Reserve and Youth Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Weird. Wasn't he arriving in January?

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    talk of Kalas going to Vitesse on loan

if true, then I suspect that means good news on the work permit for Rajkovic

3. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I really like the move for Lalkovic. Doncaster have some pretty serious injury problems atm so he may get a very early chance to play and if he does well the deal may be extended. Good move imo as this will really pose a challenge to Milan.

I suspect the following players will join Milan, Sam Walker, Courtios, Gordon and Bruma who are already out on loan. I believe the loan for Delac has already been agreed but I have yet to see any official confirmation to date so I would add him as well.

Rhys Taylor- he spent basically the entire season at Crewe last year which was very good for his development. It will be challenging to find him regular football at a higher level as a loanee as most teams are a little hestitant to use a loan keeper unless they are very short of options. Personally I think we will see a loan to a club with an option to buy which could be a good thing for all parties. He really needs to play at League One of higher this season.

PVA- plenty of talk of Championship teams being interested which would be great as he would most likely play more although some talk of QPR and a few other Premiership teams may bear fruit as well. Personally I think its vital that he gets games under his belt and while I would like him to face Prem. opposition, I would rather have him get a full season under his belt than an occasional appearance from the bench which he could do with us.

Kakuta- really depends on the transfers imo. If the Hazard story has any legs then he may be part of that deal on loan but he needs regular football at the top level as quite frankly a stint in the Championship would be a step back imo. He may stay the first half of the season as AVB continues to assess the squad and he will not count against the squad restrictions. I think we see a loan to a Prem side (most likely Fulham or possibly Swansea) in January.

Kalas- talk of him going to Vitesse on loan for the season which seems a touch premature. I think his movement really depends on the work permit for Rajkovic. If the permit gets approved I suspect Tomas will spend at least half of the season on loan but I still think he has some areas to improve and a good run in the ressies while training with the first team could help him with that.

Conor Clifford- really caught the raw end of the stick thanks the idiot Paul Ince and will hopefully land on his feet with a good loan to a League One side. I think he could compete at a Championship club as well and really hope we can find a good fit for him.

Billy Clifford- I suspect Billy will loaned out partially throughout the season to get him some game experience. As with many of the initial loanees I would think League Two/One would suit him well for some experience.

Mellis- I think he is in the same boat as Rhys Taylor and after doing well at Barnsely last season really needs a full season of Championship football under his belt to catch the eye.

Ince- he has suffered from numerous injury problems during his career and if he can stay fit he needs to head out on his first loan to improve.

Phillip- needs to build on his brief loan to Yoevil last season.

7. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Courtois on the bench for Atleti in the Europa.

8. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Has anyone heard/read anything about Rajkovic and his work permit issues?

9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    still waiting, although he continues to train with the first team

10. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
  11. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    PVA looks good going forward, but still question marks over his defending. Some good players in the rezzie squad.

Thanks for posting the highlights Pete.

12. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
  13. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Couldn't sort out a work permit.

14. Miguel Alvarez

May 12, 2006
  15. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  16. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    damn... he was out for a time last year too...

17. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Can't believe we'd only fetch €3 million for a 22-year-old who'd be in our first team if he had a work permit. Not to mention we paid €5 for him when he was a kid.

18. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    *Makes complaints about the UK and their ass-backward work permit laws*

19. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had a 2 year project in London rejected due to those laws. Know how it feels.

20. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Sammy Hutchinson is playing for the reserves now.

21. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    Pretty strong, young 18...

[​IMG]

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Is Rohan Ince related to Paul Ince?

23. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not surprised to see Magnay dropped after his performance against Sunderland. There are some real youngsters in that team (Blackman, Kane, Chalobah).

24. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    We won the match with a late Josh goal.