Keep Bundesliga on US TV

Discussion in 'Germany' started by BlueInter8889, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Talk about volatile.

2. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. It would be one thing if we had these major players vying for bigger pieces of a lucrative pie...but we are talking about soccer on American television here!

3. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I definitely agree about what I bolded.

CCinGermany repped this.
  4. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd just like to point out that Fox Soccer Report briefly mentioned the DFB-Pokal last night. However, they called it the Pokal Cup.

So there's that.

Zak1FCK repped this.
  5. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for this. However, I don't know if you should have wasted your time.

When people want to believe they or something they love are being discriminated against, they're going to believe it.

6. Fred Hits

Fred Hits Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know I was really liking having bundesliga as the only big euro league on Goltv- I figured that leads to a lot more games on live! Unfortunately this has only meant removal of the channel by most networks in favor of the latest nfl focused network the 'ocho'....grumble

Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I honestly think we are going to be very dissapointed when GolTV gives up the rights. If they don't go to FSC, I don't think we will be seeing any more BL on TV in the US.

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude, you really think GolTv got bumped for the NFL Network?

If so, I think someone has mis-informed you. The new owner of the Spanish Primera Division (aka "La Liga), Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1 USA broadcsast rights, beINSport USA, is strong-arming programming providers to drop GolTv from their sports packages to get their service. After the EPL, La Liga is by far the next most-viewed European league in the USA.

This is why GolTv got bumped. It has nothing to do with TWC and other cable providers getting the NFL Network.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is why most of us are hoping if they are put up, they go to FSC. But is there really a difference when very few people who enjoy the league won't be able to get it even if it does remain on GolTv???

10. Fred Hits

Fred Hits Member

Jul 8, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no

i was making a general statement against the gazillion sports channels which seem to only rehash the same nfl news over and over and over and over

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for that!

12. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    If you are annoyed by the lack of Bundesliga coverage in the Unites States write to DFL SE executives and employees and tell them about the status quo in the US.

The DFL SE is in charge of the Bundesliga`s international broadcasting rights.

You can contact them via http://dfl-sports-enterprises.com/en/Unser_team.html - all of them should speak English.

CCinGermany and footyfan1 repped this.
  13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Will definitely write to them soon. Thanks!

14. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's what annoys me about beIN sport. they keep trying to acquire more programming and leagues when they can barely keep track of what they have right now. they don't have a ligue 1 review show, so what's the purpose of showing a preview show to wet your appetite without a review show to recap what you did not see??? not to mention , the review shows they do have, they don't show them on time because say you set to record something at 4:30pm because your busy, you have a life, you come home wanting to watch it and not only is it something you did'nt record, they then change what you did want to watch to midnight and you either have to wait again or you don't get it at all. they don't know rather to wind there a** or scratch there watch. at least golTV and fox get it right. on golTV you'd get bundesliga magazine, a match or two and then your recap on bundesliga magazine. on fox, you get a premier league preview show, some matches and a review show. it's a three course meal. you'd figure a company that has loads of money behind it could at least resemble something professional. at least beIN sport gives me a laugh when they promote la liga as the best league in the world when bundesliga is lightyears ahead of everyone.

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They're still in their infancy though. It should get only better.

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hopefully......

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think they've done a lot right so far. The production is better than anything on FSC, Gol or ESPN and the Locker Room is the best football panel show on the air, certainly better than anything they've presented in the past. They've brought in some talented people also and they're marketing the leagues well. The site is also improving day to day. They're very ambitious and are trying to do a lot in a short period of time but I think they've been very professional so far.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I love their English Championship coverage. You are spot on about their broadcasts.

However, if the BL rights change hands after this season, I still hope they go to FSC or ESPN. Just for the sake of seeing as much BL as possible.

P.S. Great job on the BVB thing! ;)

19. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    problem is they don't show enough english championship and if they do, they show the same club. for example, they showed middlesbrough and watford the week before, then the next week they showed middlesbrough and leicester. there should be a rule if you showed said team the week before they have to wait a week or two before you show them again. therefor, you get to see everybody in that league. otherwise, it opens it up to team favortism and if your team is not favored, you don't get to see your team. also, i,d like to see two to three games a week rather than one every week (if were lucky).

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think beIn worries about any of this. They show what they get.

21. mat r.

mat r. Member

Jan 17, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well, whoever is sending them this needs to realize they have a awesome league (which i believe is better than the premier league) and everybody needs some exposure, even the unattractive clubs like barnsley and peterborough.

Lamprey and footyfan1 repped this.
  22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It seems you have the same view of The Championship as I do of the 2nd Bundesliga. I don't know if I would use the word "better" when it comes to the 2nd Bundesliga, but I feel more often than not, 2nd Bundesliga matches are more entertaining than 1st Bundesliga matches. I'm really hoping if someone else gets the USA Bundesliga rights for next season, they also get the rights to show the 2nd Bundesliga and the German Cup.

Lamprey and Floormaster Squeeze repped this.
  23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks!

I genuinely believe ESPN will make a bid for the Bundesliga rights unless FSC stays afloat and FOX throws them a lifeline by acquiring them but I just can't see them doing that.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I've saw you say this at other places. I'm really hoping you're right!

25. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It appears that My Sports Germany on Dish has been replaced by My German TV + which still shows Bundesliga, but also has plenty of other non-sports programing. My Sports Germany had several live matches each weekend and the Konferenz durint the 9:30 AM Sauturday time slot. It also had BL.2 matches.

footyfan1 repped this.