Keegan is back!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by ToonArmy5, Jan 16, 2008.

1. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    annnnd your sharing that wonderful enlightened piece of knowledge based on a rumor....hmmm seriously, you are much better than that.

Is it safe to assume that you don't trust him since your opinions of him, which you have been sharing with us all, pretty straightforwardly as of late, have been pretty downright pessimistic.

I got a great idea get £200 million and go get your own club.

2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see your writers are still on strike.

I'm of the opinion that:

1. The firing of Big Sam was poorly timid and not very well thought out.
    2. The offer to Harry Redknapp was also not very well thought
    3. The hiring of Keegan was a colossal mistake and a missed opportunity to take this club forward
    4. Ashley is pandering to the base without any regard to what may really be best for the long term success of the club
    5. Alan Shearer should stfu and go learn to manage before sticking his nose in clubs affairs
    6. Mort and Ashley haven't got a clue as to how to run a football team and are taking counsel from a washed up former Spurs executive.
    7. The media run this club
    8. Dennis Wise makes Roy Keane look like Gandhi.
    9. Keegan will be gone before the WC2010

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    What Newcastle need to do is do what Tottenham did. Get themselves a proven world class manager, poach one from another team if need be (obviously this means not a british manager). Lippi was available and still is.

4. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well no actually, I outsource my writing to a guy named Charlie in Hong Kong who writes a 1/3 the cost...

agreed
    agreed
    meh maybe, only time will tell, in any case instead of slaggin the guy and being a right bastard about him, STFU and maybe just maybe, you will be suprised, but then again, knowing you, even if you are suprised, you never will admit it, its your M.O.
    seems you never heard of the concept of pegging the niche? or working the base? or howabout never forget or leave behind your core customer. while it may hinder you forward momentum in the short term, it will prevent you loosing your core income and support, which in turn expands the base and gives you larger and deeper foundation to grow from.

huh? its not like he's there slaggin off on things, he's being diplomatic and not saying yes or no,...in public at least. But yeah I'm in agreement
    yeah the was dumb, but as Ashley himself said, he was now going to do it his way and trust his instincts, which BTW have made him a Billionaire. you don't make the best omelete without breaking a few eggs along the way.
    no the media run your perceptions of this club and feed off of your reactions to it. In fact the media hype about the Second Coming™ and The Return of the King™ have generated more hype and press column inches and video minutes for the Club since god knows when. Its free marketing. Nike is a master at this, as it does not matter what the press says as long as the press is saying something.
    check and fully agree. keep Leeds scum as far away from this club as possible.
    maybe, maybe not, but in teh meantime the next 2 years at the club is gonna be a helluva ride.

--Roald Dahl "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

You should get out more as you will find life for all its callous cynicism actually requires absurd ambition now and then. But in the meantime remember, if the absurdity has carved a niche into the existing market share that did not belong to you, grown your market share even in the slightest, or exist before you tried, then you have succeeded.

5. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yawn MPLS TOON your man in the far east is vastly overpaid judging by the quality of your current material.;)

What's happening with the Toon has already happened to my Orioles and Redskins. Ashley, Synder and Angelos it's all the same to me.

6. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Judging by that track record of support, remind me never to ask your advice on anything, you have an innate ability to pick winners.

Please refrain from shitting on the floor then, it seems to be something you really enjoy doing.

7. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know where I stand so either debunk it with facts or STFU. :p

Until someone in management proves they know wtf they're doing I'll remain critical of decisions that imo detract from the goal of winning silverware.

You may be happy the club is trying to sign Golden Balls I on the other hand have all of my chromosomes. :D

8. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep it civil and on Keegan, not each other.

9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree as for Keegan I wish him the best and I hope this works out for the clubs sake.

10. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved the Wise posts to a new thread. My message there should explain everything.

11. HoosierToon

HoosierToon New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Hoboken
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing that there is already a big publication releasing a story about Wise not undermining Keegan as manager.

The guy hasn't been the manager for a month and he's already officially in the rumor mill as possibly being fired/replaced/etc.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=503143&cc=5901

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like Keegan didn't know much about the Wise hiring. Not the best way considering Keegan is rather emotional. Either way if Kev is still with the club by WC2010 I'll be amazed.

13. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BBC on Wise and threat to Keegan

Whoever said the Keegan reign would at least be interesting wasn't lying.

14. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Mail has butted in with the following "Welcome to the Circus" column.

Oh, and I read somewhere (I forget where) that KK is 7/4 to walk before the season ends, and 5/6 to outlast Bambi at SJP.