Keane to take over at Sunderland?????

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Ash II, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
  2. celts1916

celts1916 New Member

Aug 24, 2006
    stupid move

3. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    Sunderland -v- Wolves should be entertaining, mind!:D

4. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I thought a friend of mine was joking when he told me about this the other night. Surprised to see Keano back in football so soon; must've been tired of walking his dogs...;)

5. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Proves traitor is the ultimate hypocrite yet again...........

KOH

6. ragorder

ragorder New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    i'll bite - why?

7. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    he called Quinn a muppet in this book.

Which he is ;)

8. celtic76

celtic76 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    WI USA
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So who wants to take my bet on how long it takes for Keano to suit up as a player/manger? :D

9. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Also, called Sunderland a "nothing club" when McCarthy was manager. I can't wait to hear what Eamon Dunphy thinks.

10. NY Hoop

NY Hoop Member

Shamrock Rovers
    Jun 3, 2003
    Dublin
    Club:
    Shamrock Rovers
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Who is his boss now? After all the abuse he hurled at him. Also abused him over giving the proceeds of his testimonial to charity then what does traitor do with his testimonial money? It's absolutely laughable. But at least he came out and said it was his fault he didnt play in the WC.

Dummy is a parody of himself here. Nobody takes him seriously.

I'm on a high anyway with a superb 2-0 win over boez last night anyway. Far more important.:D

KOH

11. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    From The Fiver

ROY KEANE'S SUNDERLAND DIARY - TUESDAY AUGUST 29, 2006

7.30am: Wake up in hotel after poor night's sleep. Mint hadn't been left on pillow and room service never arrived. Muppets! This wouldn't happen in Manchester. Decide to quit and go home.

7.32am: Change mind and go into bathroom for a shave. Damn! Forgot to bring razor. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Scream at my reflection in mirror until it cowers in terror. Decide to quit and go home.

7.35am: Change mind, decide to calm down with brief workout, only to discover yoga mat hasn't arrived. Call Mick McCarthy and tell him to stick it up his bollix. Decide to quit and go home.

7.40am: Change mind and write "to do" list: 1. Get Sunderland out of the relegation zone. 2. Send hampers full of kit, isotonic drinks, footballs and training cones to Late Wembley in preparation for 2011 FA Cup final. We might be in it.

7.42am: Decide to err on the side of caution by sending hampers to Cardiff too. Late Wembley might not be ready.

7.45am: Drag Triggs around Sunderland on end of lead. He clearly prefers Cheshire. Decide to quit and go home.

10am: Change mind and go for breakfast. Demand fresh fruit, cereal and pasta, but all they have left is kippers. Bah! Dead fish go with the flow.

10.05am: With vein in temple throbbing, demand to see hotel manager. Scream in his face, pull his arm off and beat him over the head with soggy end. "Take that you ****. And that! And don't accuse me of faking injuries again."

10.30am: Spend two hours trying to insert clothes hanger in mouth in preparation for meeting press. If they see me smiling they might not be so frightened.

12.30pm: Order fleet of 100 taxis and tell each of them to lead me to the Stadium Of Light so I can follow them. I don't want to get lost and be late on my first day.

12.35pm: Gridlock! Abandon car and run to stadium. Traffic in Sunderland is terrible. What's with all these taxis?

1pm: Sit down beside my new boss, Niall. Chair is too hard. This wouldn't happen at Old Trafford. Decide to quit and go home.

1.01pm: Change mind, field questions and put paid to unfair reputation as psychotic Irishman by giving thoughtful, intelligent answers.

· On my relationship with Mother Teresa: "I think it will be fine. A lot of people are making a big issue out of the past but we sorted it out a few months ago. I think it's important to move on."

· On my reputation as a perfectionist: "All I expected from my team-mates was 100%. I never criticised people for having bad games, I criticised people for slacking off and not being focused on the job."

· On taking the Sunderland job: "It's been a very hectic few days, I'm absolutely knackered already. Sunderland is a big club, with a beautiful stadium, a big fan base and I thought 'why not?'" On my plans for the season: "Win the next game. I've brought Tony [Loughlan, head coach] with me; there are already good coaches at the club so I'm not looking to make too many changes too quickly. The players and staff deserve their chance."

1.30pm: Leave press conference without reducing any hacks to tears. Decide to quit and go home.

12. bennocelt

bennocelt Member

Jun 1, 2005
    wales
    :rolleyes:

13. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    As Keane said in his first press conference as manager of Sunderland, he and Quinn had met and patched things up. If Quinn and Keane are man enough to settle their differences and work together, I think calling Keane a hypocrite is a bit lame.