Keane To Spurs

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Slash/ED, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    I presume everybodys seen the news, 7m fee agreed between Leeds and Tottenham, El tel is already talking like he has left and he is in London doing a medical and sorting out personal terms as we speak. Leaving Leeds with the most overweight striker in the premiership, two injured players and local hero work horse poor mans Heskey. Glad Keane has gone, he had to go, and 7m is a bargain.

2. Don Homer

Don Homer New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Dublin, Ireland
    Anyone want to offer a spread on how long he stays?

Or is BigSoccer the only one allowed to make money (or lose it!) on this site? ;)

3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I would rather have seen Fowler go than RK.

4. Conor74

Conor74 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    SW Ireland
    The sale was a joke.

This summer Peter Ridsdale had two World Cup stars, a manager that had an extremely poor season where Leeds still finished 5th, and the best player was either going to stay or make £9m for the club from his Lpool transfer.

I would give TV time, but I wonder if things would have been any worse of David were still there. Would he have persisted with the 3 man midfield? With Bakke and Barmby playing and Dacourt on the bench? With selling a striker and no striker left on the bench?

There is plenty of time, but unless the form changes soon 5th will look like an achievement and not a failure.