Keane pledges future to Leeds

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Slash/ED, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Moments before scoring, yet again, in a Leeds pre season friendly today Keane restated he will stay and fight for his place in the Leeds team despite the return of Bridges and Spurs well known interest. Personally, I'd love to see him move to Spurs for Irelands sake because I feel with bridges back it will be another frustraiting season and he needs a fresh start so he can start banging them in like at Coventry and his first half year loan deal with Leeds when he got 9 in 16. What does everyone else think of this?

2. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    I'd say the change of manager will be enough of a fresh start, as long as he doesn't start the season in the reserves like he was for most of last year. As long as Venebles gives him a chance to get a run in the team, I'd like him to stay.

3. closey

closey New Member

Jul 26, 2002
    UK
    Likelyhood that Keane will be a regular?.......Very very slim......he will have that fat neck and large arse back on him in no time......a spurs move / any other top 8 premiership move would be dynamite....remember what he was like for ireland in the Wolves/Coventry era of his short career to date.....I thought by the end of the world cup he again looked to have that spark back.........

All we need is for this to be sorted and Reid to move to the premiership then it would make a top summer........

closey

4. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    I was watching the premiership years 99/2000 and Robbie Keane, then a teenager at Coventry, was fooking god like. In that one season alone most Coventry fans consider him their best ever player apparently. In his first season with Leeds even, he scored 9 goals in 16 matches. This is what Keane can do when he gets an extended run in the first team, not when sitting on his arse at Leeds. We need him doing another Coventry, being the main man at a club and setting the premiership alight and the way to do that is a move to Spurs.

5. Barna Bee

Barna Bee New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    London
    That would be fine but I honestly don't think Hoddle wants him.

I reckon , if he can carry on playing like he did in the WC , stay off the gargle and keep his weight down , he will become a regular.

With Fowler injured right now , he already has his chance

6. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    He took his chance pre season, Leeds joint top scorer on that tour they went on but Fowlers injury will clear up by their first game and now Bridges is back, Smith seems automatic choice purley by being from Yorkshier and Viduka will only be elevated in status, if that's possible, now that former Aussie manager Venebles is in charge, tbh, he'll get less chances then last year.

7. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I hope he stays at Leeds, I'd rather see him get playing time then Bridges or that thug Smith.

8. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Doesn't seem to be the general opinon, though, Smith is hugely popular because he is local as far as I can tell and most Leeds fans wouldn't mind seing Keane go if it meant they got more spending money as far as I can see.

9. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    agreed.