Keane could face FA actions....

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 12, 2002.

1. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just about the most sensible comment on the whole situation. I mean, he got himself sent off for a pre-meditated action where he knew he would get a red card, thus depriving his team of a player for the rest of the match and himself for however many games the ban was for. Surely that's enough for Fergie to mete out some kind of punishment instead of saying nothing?

As for the FA, they should slap a lengthy ban on him, say 12 games at least. Cantona got 10 months was it? Vieira got 5 games for spitting at Ruddock, not exactly a career threatening act. Paul Davis got 9 games for punching Glen Cockerill, although he did break his jaw, so the punishment was warranted. And all those three incidents were times when the red mist descended for a moment and they acted badly, instead of marking an opponent out for months or was it years and then exacting revenge. I'm not looking for a conspiracy against Arsenal, but as an Arsenal supporter, I know more about what happens to our players than anyone else's before anyone starts. I'm sure there are other examples from other clubs about lengthy bans, this stiff justice needs to be applied to Keane.