KC vs. Morelia in-game thread.[R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ojsgillt, Aug 7, 2002.

1. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any update on the other semifinal first-leg game, perchance, VS?

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus - what a meltdown.

3. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Trujillo baited Garcia who had picked up a yellow two minutes before. Garcia gets a second yellow and will not play the return in KC.

4. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    It's final 6-1 to the bad guys.

5. rudeboy

rudeboy Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Kansas City
    haven't we learnt anything in mexico?

you would think we would have learnt a lesson in Mexico before that the game won't be fair, we will be kicked, spat at, cursed etc.. and if we retaliate we get the red.

6. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    ok, that sucked. lets forget the day happened. DO OVER!

7. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was piss. The guys deserve to hear it next game.

8. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What a ***************ing joke.

Nice job Whiz.

9. kasai

kasai New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    California
    Anyone actually watch the game? Did the Wiz quit playing or what. What an embarrasement.

10. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Re: haven't we learned anything in mexico?

In the final analysis you have, 3000 miles or so traveled, an Igor visa mess, one arrogant and unhappy bastard Preki that decided to mouth off in the press (I'm sure that helped team morale), two Wizards starters sick at game time, endless Morelia chances in both halves, Talley hurt and Quill carted off, a lack of speed exposed on the left, little defence, Brunt isn't a central defender or apparently any kind of defender for that matter, six goals against, Garcia is easily baited and will have a night off on the 28th, KC gets a quick turnaround having to go to dc and then Chicago (I'm sure they will have plenty of energy and get pounded there too.), and ignorant a-holes like Bill Mass (who don't have even a slight understanding of their own history) will have more fodder, and generally we are all left to be wholely embarassed for our city, our league, and the shambles that is left of our team.

Bad times.

11. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PZ predicts that Morelia will send their youth team to KC for the 2nd leg and the Wiz will win 5-0 (just enough to see them through) :p

C'mon guys, LA didn't get to defend this title, it hasta stay north of the board!!!

12. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bill Maas? You mean he's still alive?

13. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: haven't we learned anything in mexico?

That about sums it up.

Yikes.

btw, what did Preki say and why was he supposedly upset?

14. smoothy

smoothy New Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Gardner, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch! (man of few words)

15. Salero

Salero New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Gilroy,CA
    F'ing ay!!! The Whiz are a freakin' dissapointment to this league.

16. ultraviolet

ultraviolet New Member

Aug 2, 2000
    KC
    Re: Re: Re: haven't we learned anything in mexico?

I am not sure, but I think he might be referring to this quote taken from the latest article from the KC Star.
    "It doesn't make sense going to Mexico, especially since we don't have room to slip in MLS," Preki said. "For me, the only games that are important are MLS games. I know some of the guys look at it differently. I don't care about the Champions Cup. It seems nobody is paying attention to it."

17. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    its only a matter of time before the other MLS fans come and tell us how our team sucks and embarrassed MLS....

18. Salero

Salero New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Gilroy,CA
    Your team sucks and they have embarassed all of MLS

19. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Says the fan of a team that has lost twice to us.

20. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Spoon, I'm sorry, but that's a totally ridiculous statement. The section with usually the most passion for the team booing them is not going to help at all.

It may be hard for all of us to believe it, but they want to win more than all of us do. I highly doubt that any player or coach does not feel at least five times worse than any of us do right now. To think otherwise is arrogant of us and naive.

21. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but it is my right as a fan to say whatever the hell I want. Oh ok, I forgot I am suppose to say it's ok boys you get them next time. Yea that kinda crap is for pee wee's. You just don't let in 6 goals in one half and think your fans are going to be ok with it. They should know when we think they are crap. Do you think EPL fans don't let there teams have it when they are crap?

I didn't say you or anyone else had to boo. That is putting words into my mouth. They do deserve it, any team does that plays the way they did today.

22. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I forgot I might hurt their feelings and one of them might want to kick my ass. Boy like that hasn't happened before.

23. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Just because people have the right to say whatever they want doesn't mean you should. Plus, what does it accomplish? Nothing. The game's over. And you still don't understand that players care more than any of us. Do you think that your criticism would make them better? I'm sure that everyone in the locker room thinks the only motivation they have is to not have the fans yell at them.

And you're putting words into my mouth if you think I'm "okay" with it. But again, I would accomplish nothing by yelling at them other than make a jackas$ out of myself.

24. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, that's funny. That's exactly what I was thinking about the Quakes tonight.

Hint: go deal with your own team's problems before you taunt guys who just took a hard loss.