KC vs. LA - final showdown

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by rallen, Oct 31, 2004.

1. The Revernen of Info

Oct 19, 2004
    Kansas City KS
    where is a good spot to pre-game? My friends and I have been hanging out in different parts of the parking lot outside Arrowhead but nobody seems to be doing anything... Is their going to me something before Firdays VICTORY over L.A.? And what's with all the people saying K.C plays a bunker? I thought we were winning the war on terror?

2. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    we're usually all in section b-5, but as it is a Friday and a lot of people are coming from work, I'm not sure how active we will be.

3. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    B5 is where the Cauldron parks. If by doing stuff you mean drink beer and kick a soccerball, then we do. Occasionally some people do Mike's on Troost close to UMKC. We could score ten goals in ten minutes and people would say they were flukes. It's easier to just keep saying the same old thing, than to break down what went wrong. I think this is applicable to the war on terror as well ;) .

4. FCGalaxy1996

FCGalaxy1996 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    LA
    OK buddy funny write this again when where flashing our bling bling in front of our home crowd on November 14. I can understand why you hate us though. If I were you I'd hate me too. :D
    Hope those 5 $ playoff ticket prices will attract 5-20 more of the wizard faithful
    hell just give the tickets away
    Hell I wouldn't go watch a team who bunkers down all the time. no creativity :( KC 0 LA 2 :D

5. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZZZZZZZZZzzzz.... hence the tag Newbie...

6. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is great logic coming from a fan of a Steve Sampson lead team.

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Yes.

On to the rest:
    Keeper: LA gets ADV on keeper. Tony is hurt and will not play, Bo is Bo and Hartman is the most experienced playoff keeper in MLS, period.
    Offense: LA reamins shut down Ruiz and you shut down LA. Even on Marshall's goal last week, Ruiz drew people and was probably the target. For KC, try briefly to explain how to shut down KC. You can't, there are too many ways they do it.

KC is 2-0-2 v LA this year. 1-0-1 at Arrowhead. To get the tie LA had to come back from 0-2 down and score in injury time.
    Arrowhead in the playoffs is a fortress of sorts currently. Unbeaten and untied since 2000 and unbeaten since 1997.

Don't quote me but I believe LA is 1-2-1 with a mini game loss here in the playoffs.

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This should be a great match.

The majority of the fans will be in the Cauldron even with the $5 ticket promotion.

No predictions from me and I am gonna remain pessimistic, if only cos it worked on Saturday night :D

We have had some amazing nights at arrowhead this season with the USOC Final and beating San Jose by three when no-one expected us to do it. This is gonna have to be some game to live up to those two, yet there is even more on thel ine, a place in the final.

Friday can't come quick enough and I want two early wizards goals to calm my nerves! :)

9. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Here's to hoping you guys get a massive crowd with the ticket promotion.

10. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so to but the only people who will notice is us, the Soccer fans. It probably won't get brought up in the sports media here.

11. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so too but Friday night is not be condusive to a large crowd. There is a college football game at Arrowhead on Saturday, hence the Friday night spot for KC v LA.

12. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Speaking of media coverage. I find it very telling that 810 mentioned our loss last weekend in the Monday sportscenters but did not mention our incredible win on Saturday. :(

13. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Well, short term media coverage is nice, but we all know it's the long term that makes a difference.

Hopefully a bunch of you die-hard supporters (any of us on BigSoccer pretty much qualify there) can bring a bunch of friends, even if you have to cover the cost of their ticket.

Hell, bring some people who have never been to a soccer game before and pay $25 to have five of them there. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but hopefully it helps.

I think it's a great way to get a big crowd and hopefully put a lasting impression on some of them so that they will want to come back next year. That is how a fan base gets built.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the little red dot for negative rep

15. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he needed some more.

16. IceKaiser

IceKaiser New Member

May 28, 2003
    training at altitude
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No doubt! I couldn't have picked a better man to go to a better team! Looks like I get another occasion to break out my POS poster! In fact, I think I'll make a new one just for the fun of it.

17. Trueone018

Trueone018 New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Who here thinks that Khari Stephenson should start again?

18. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    After Saturday, I do. Let him start. He was a force.

19. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree that Khari should start.

While he didn't show much out wide in previous matches in this one he played more centrally and right behind the forwards.

San Jose didn't know what to do with him and the element of surprise there caught them out.

LA will have seen the tape and can adjust, but can they handle him? I think LA is better at the back than San Jose, but we only need one goal this time not three! :)

I am more worried about KZ's injury. He had ice on his hamstring as he left the pitch on Saturday and he will be touch and go on Friday. We'll need him out there for sure.

20. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Props to KC for a great comeback win on Saturday. Please continue the great play this week, let the galaxitive scum watch SOMEONE ELSE raise the cup in THEIR stadium one again. :D

21. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thanks to outshooting the team like 30-5, but losing 2-1 in OT, I may actually be able to make it down for the game. I'm pissed off about the game though, so I'm not making any big decisions now, but I know one thing, the alcohol will be flowing tonight. :D

23. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kuhnscoot, who'd you guys lose to? I assume it was the opening round of the IIAC tournament? Who does the winner play (just trying to figure out who Luther plays)?

24. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    KC Wizards to win 2-1 over LA..

LA is good and have all the right players to reach the finals but the shake up of coaches has hurt this team... But KC has been on Fire the trashed SJ after SJ had the series in the bag!! I think KC has the luck on their side and could be the next MLS Champions but DC looks like they will take care of buisness in the other semi final and if its KC DC final its hard to pick a winner If KC and NE have a show down in the Final its KC all the way...

If for some freak of nature LA gets to the final they will lose.....

I hope for a awsome turn out from the fans for 5 bucks thats almost free you cant beat that deal at all...

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lost to BV today. I f'ing hate BV because they just sit in the back pack it in, and hope for the counter. It sucks, they get out shot 30-8 like every game but still win because they have a good goalie and pack it in. I'm ********ing pissed, but the alcohol is flowing so forgive me. They play Wartburg. Luther plays Loras who won 4-1 today over Simpson.

If you wanna follow the rest of the tournament, go here http://www.iowaconference.com