KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Lucid, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Staying at home for this game. Wouldn't have been able to get to the stadium till way after the game had started since the entire state of Nebraska was trying to get out of Lawrence at the same time I was.

Game just started. Attendance looks pretty bad, but that's expected considering it is the playoffs and it is freezing outside.

Expecting Wizards 3-2 with a late goal from Colorado.

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    How cold could it be? Attendance for this match is pretty sad. I'm not trying to troll, but come on...It's the PLAYOFFS!!

3. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    20th min - Anyone seen the Wizards offense? Tell them to call Bob and CJ, they're probably looking for them.

Colorado definately with the momentum right now. Seems like KC is doing a good job on their side of the field, but once it crosses the line they just forget what they're doing.

Wheelock just said he voted for John Spencer as MVP. Shame on him.

LOL!! Roberts unselfishly dishes it to Chung who shanks a wide open ball inside the box.

4. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Re: KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

Definately too cold for the average soccer fan. I just spent 3 hours outside at the Kansas/Nebraska game, I was frozen, and that was during the afternoon. It's probably in the low 30's. And I won't call you a troll for that comment, it's a fair observation. But before you question the support in KC, look at the regular season attendance figures. I bet Papa John's is happy, they are handing out a free piece of pizza at the game to everyone.

DAMN! Quill almost finished off a sweet diving header with a great cross from Klein.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Re: Re: KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

36 degrees and cloudy, if MLSnet's boxscore is to be believed.

Lineups:
    Colorado Rapids -- Joe Cannon, Ritchie Kotschau, Nat Borchers, Robin Fraser, Wes Hart, Mark Chung, Kyle Beckerman, Pablo Mastroeni, Chris Henderson, John Spencer, Zizi Roberts.

Kansas City Wizards -- Tony Meola, Jimmy Conrad, Diego Gutierrez, Nick Garcia, Igor Simutenkov, Chris Klein, Carey Talley, Kerry Zavagnin, Eric Quill, Wolde Harris, Preki.

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    That shot by Spencer sure woke Tony up. ;)

What was that? 45 yarder?

7. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Re: Re: KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

[Weather.com]

37 F
    Feels like 29 F

[/Weather.com]

Fans don't exactly flock to soccer games in sub-freezing weather conditions.

8. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Oh... my... god... my heart just stopped on that own goal. The slo-mo look on Talley's face during that was priceless.

Nwwoooooooooohhhhhh!

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Re: Re: Re: Re: KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

With certain exceptions, of course. :)

2-28-01

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Re: Re: Re: Re: KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

The Barra would be out there, but that might have something to do with the keg of courage and the pints of anit freeze before/during the match. ;)

KC's showing some good runs at goal. Maybe a little better possession would help set Preki up.

Meola had a nice save.

11. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    UNFREAKIN-beliveable scramble in front of the net!! How did that ball NOT go in?!?!

12. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    42nd - Good god. Beckermen just screwed KC. Looks like that ball could have crossed the line. Could have gone either way. Damn. How did we not score?

13. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: KC vs. Colorado Leg 2 in-game thread [R]

LOL... IIRC that's the US/Mexico game right? The circumstances surrounding that game were a tad bit different than Colorado @ KC in the first round of the '03 playoffs.

Damn, quill just went out with what looks like a hammy injury, Armstrong replacing him.

14. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    On the replay, Talley had the goal! That ball was in!

15. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    GOOOAAAALLLLL!!!!

16. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    FOOK!!!! Meola got booked going into the half. If he gets redded in this game, no way in hell we beat LA.

17. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    What was he mouthing off about???

18. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Damn, my wife had the TIVO rewind on about 10 times on that scramble and I missed the live score. That was a heck of a score.

19. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't clearly in on the replay. Perhaps as much as half the ball wasn't in.
    Very hard to tell from that angle.
    BTW: I think the ref forgot his cards in the locker room and is trying to avoid the embaressment of asking someone to get them for him. Look for some cards in the 2nd half. :)
    Oh.. Meola got booked.. There goes my theory.. :(

20. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    What pissed Meola off? That was a stupid card. Looked like there was nothing happening but Tony running his mouth.

21. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Lucky no goal call.

22. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Horrible play by Gutierrez. Ref bails him out and waves off the goal. The only possible foul was Spencer going over the back prior to the Gutierrez blunder. Gutierrez should have just cleared the ball. Even Garcia knew it wasn't a foul.

23. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcers on FSW Espanol have really been laying into the ref tonight. Can't say that I blame them. He's not having one of his best matches
    (candidate for understatement of the year ).

24. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Zi ZI better shut his mouth. That was a thugish foul he got the card on, then risks a second by complaining?
    Jerk.

25. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL