KC v. RSL In & POST Game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Brian71, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle.

2. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if she only had a penis because of a sex change, she'd be your auncle ...

3. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough! Back to the subject please.

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    There is some good debate on the last page. I hadn't gotten around to reading it yet. I love some of the newer posters input. You guys are very smart soccer fans. I like that even when we lose our fans are smart enough to look inside the game and see our issues.

This team just might need to be blown up. I'm not sure I would pull the trigger yet, but I've had thoughts about this a lot this season. Matt and I have even considered it in conversations recently. If it were done, a lot of things would need to change, and some players that are well liked may be the issues. If you take an honest but tough look at it, these things might help.

Zavagnin - He's great at stuffing the midfield. I'd be willing to lose some of that strength for a player who could attack better. If we're going to play a 4-4-2 all of our midfielders need to be able to feed the attack and/or be a scoring threat. Kerry is neigther save two well hit long rangers this year. He's never dangerous in the passing game getting the ball in front of goal.

Davy - yes he's all hustle, but can we get a more effective right midfielder? Davy is one of my favorite players almost entirely because of his effort, I will always love any player who gives as much for the team as I feel passion for the team. But I think his game is 60% effort and 40% skill. A thought, not an indictment.

Harrington - After April, has he done a whole lot? I mean don't get me wrong, he penetrates on the left, but he's not someone I'd be scared of if I were the opponent.

Garcia - are there better alternatives at CB?

A right back - we don't have one.

More and more I think we might have been better off keeping Van den Bergh. Play him on the left, Sasha in the d-mid, Carlos a-mid, Davy wide and play Harrington at right back. More skill and speed on the field in almost every position.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Sandy
    hey guys...a quick questions for you. Who is that sweet right winger with the pony tail that came on at halftime for you guys, and why doesn't he start? He was brillliant for the entire half in my opinion and I can't figure out why he didn't play more. Can anyone tell me who he is, age, bio, etc? thanks

6. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Colombano. It was his second game with our team, and I agree he played very well.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Sandy
    right on....where did you get him from? he's a good player and in my opinion should start. I really like your team by the way...you have some pretty good players.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    third game Ben. He got a half against NE at home, got garbage mins at home against Chicago and got a half here.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the team found him while on preseason in Argentina. He was playing for Defensa y Justicia who the Wizards had a preseason game against.

10. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Found him on the pre-season training trip to Argentina (same trip we found Marinelli, our new #10). We, the fans, don't know why is is not getting more playing time, and starting for that matter. Hope it happens soon; In his limited exposure he has been dangerous.

11. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colombano so needs to start.

Ben - as for Garcia, I take it to mean you think we could find a better CB right? If so, I agree with you... I never made "11 to protect" list, rather never posted it, but Garcia and Zavagnin weren't on the list.

12. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I am just affraid that we may have gotten comfortable with our mainstays because we love them not because they are necessarily good. I worry...I'm not sure....I just worry.

13. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    I have a question:

I was surprised to see that EJ scored from outside the box. How many other times has that happened? Anyone have the stats?

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this season? It hasn't happened. He's not really an outside the box scorer, I think he has maybe one or two more in his career.

15. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the same worry.

16. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been meaning to reply to this post, but didn't have the opportunity. I couldn't agree more with most of this post; it exactly echoes what I've been thinking recently. But we do need to remember some of these guys still have trade value before we start talking about not protecting them.

However, VDB is entirely too slow imo. Great left foot, no wheels. So I would say Sasha at d-mid, Davy wide right, Marinelli up top and Harrington out left. Draft a RB with an allocation (do we get an allocation for losing a player in the expansion draft?) and play Eloy/Yura up top with EJ (if he comes back). Might be able to find room for Sealy, but if not, he probably has good trade value. Maybe that's where we pick up our RB?