KC v. RSL In & POST Game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Brian71, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: KC v. RSL In-Game [R]

VERY nice by Hartman. He's been huge the second half of the season.

And just as I say that, 3-1 RSL. Season's over folks.

2. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Pa. The. Tic.

3. SoccerNutScott

SoccerNutScott New Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Olathe, KS

We are playing some ugly ugly soccer tonight

4. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago

Wait, wait...no "GAME, SET, MATCH!!!!" this time???

5. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO

[​IMG]

7. Brian71

Brian71 Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

This is a freakin' joke. Colombano is playing his heart out and the rest of these guys are sleepwalking. :mad: :mad: :mad: It took us going down 2 goals to these mother********ers for them to wake up? What bullshit!

8. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think I might go back and rewatch the last few games (Chicago was really bad about this) and count how many times we get hacked at midfield. That's pretty cheap defending if you have to knock the guy down so as to not let him turn.
    Well, at least now I have time for a quick shower before the Superliga game. lol

9. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ditto. Just imagine his energy combined with Davy's. If they can quickly get on the same page, they might wreak some havoc in the midfield.

10. Goalieo

Goalieo Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He should start.

11. KC outlaws

KC outlaws New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    O-Town

:eek:HOLY HELL!!!!!!!:mad:

12. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, isn't this the same who who, at the beginning of the season, had a whole bunch of injuries but still managed to stay in the top two even with a couple games in hand?

Hate to sound pessimistic, but do you think we should be starting more younger guys to see what we have? If anything, it would mix some things up.

13. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, it's time to trade some veterens and ship their asses out to a place where they'll have to earn their jobs again.

Absolutely no excuse for this nonsense.

Our record for the last 14 games:
    7 Losses
    4 Ties
    3 Wins (all 1 goal wins)
    Thats 13 out of a possible 42 points.
    We thought Gansler was the problem?

14. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I look forward to reading Curt's comments...

15. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    R-f'n-SL? You have got to be shitting me...

RSL had more shots on goal in the first minute than we had in the entire first half...

Something is seriously broken.

16. zeitenwind

zeitenwind New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Agreed, but who? Poor, Morstink(1or2 good passes per game), no 1st touch Sealy. My top 3. Who else?!! just frustrating!:confused:

17. Dirt

Dirt Member

May 11, 2006
    KCMO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again I preach fundamentals. Given their playing on a shit field but, PLAY THE BALL ON THE GROUND! All these long balls are a joke. While I accept the other teams tactics have been to hack the midfield, do we even have a midfield? This game was another pathetic effort. I don't care to count further back but this is four halves in a row that we have given up a goal in the last five minutes. Truly a heartbreak to watch this team in their current form after such a promising start to the season.
    In regards to the playoffs, does it really matter? If we make the playoffs, which is starting to look even more bleak, can we actually win a game? We definitely are not a championship team. We are not going to win the cup so who cares. I say 7th or 8th at best. What ribbon color is that... pink?:mad:

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sound you just heard is the sound of any waining hopes of a good MLS Cup run, and probably the sound of the playoff door closing for the Wizards.

Some random thoughts:

How the hell does Morsink continue to get starts?
    What the hell did Yura do to piss off Onalfo where Pore is our first forward off the bench now?
    Tyson Wahl is not a capable first center back off the bench.
    How's Colombano not starting?

Pathetic.

19. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wondering the very same thing

Yeah but you forget: we don't have a capable center half off the bench.

And it keeps getting better and better. Becks just took himself out of the Superliga final with an apparent knee injury. Looked like possibly a hyperextension or something. Took a hit to his foot when his knee was in a vulnerable position.

20. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now we really are paying extra just to see LA. haha.

21. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. What a spectacular ending to me day.

Wake me up if NY spoils our playoff run again. :(

22. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, we'll probably be toast before the NYRB season finale.

23. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Yep.

Not all of us thought Gansler was the problem..or even a problem.

There are guys on this team who may not be in MLS in two years. RSL ran around them and through them most of the night. HOU will do the same Saturday.

Anyway, based on just tonight, I'd start with Zags. He was not good and basicly a player for their team tonight. Bad game, hope he's better on the weekend.

Marinelli is a joke. He has a weak shot, little concept of defense, transition, or team responsibility, and has been a consistent net negative for KC. 15 turnovers a game and a card, excuse me - a pointless, immature, and stupid card - with an assist every 4th game or so. He'd have a plane ticket home tomorrow if it were me. I would cut his butt and instantly improve my team and weaken the team that picks him up for the remainder of the season. With a little luck it would be someone we play yet.

Other than the initial teamwide lack of sack to compete and allowing goals late consistently, nothing else to me was glaring. Bad but not glaring. It's KC, so you expect turnovers everywhere, including our own zone. It's just what they have done all year, including when they "play well". You can pay for your mortgage on KC just by taking the "over" as you know they will allow at least two and probably score themselves.

Ridiculous.

KC was just last to many 50/50 balls and had abundant problems controling the first touch, which looked like a surface/turf thing early. That and KC seems unbelievably tight in everything they do, interviews, interaction on field, communication (if they bother). There's no team chem here. If this was a baseball team, the ex-pros on BB2Night would say that the Wizards are just expecting bad things to happen and they don't look surprised or even annoyed when they do.

Blame it on August? It's becoming normal.

The most disturbing thing about KC is the distinct lack of any defense from central midfield and forward of there. No shock Marinelli was booted to a wing tonight. How many secondary guys from opposition teams have earned (or have been given, your choice) their first MLS goal of the season? 10? 15? Every week it's yet another scrub that gets #1 on the year against KC. It isn't the defenders that are screwing up every single time. It's the other 6 who can't seem to find a man. They are too busy cherry picking or bitching to the center ref. (Who, BTW did miss a pk on Sealy. Typical).

Sorry everyone, that's a COACHING issue. That is a coach being too arrogant (or whatever) to abandon or adjust a philosophy that clearly hasn't worked in some time. You want to beat KC? No prob. Clog the midfield because they don't defend much. Pack in a bit and wait for 4 or 5 and a defender to be caught forward as the ball comes central. Central because that is where KC will cough it up. You can back on it. Then just run at someone and take your free kick or open space. Easy.

Jee-sus H. Christ on a popcicle stick, our guys suck. Good luck against the Holders away. {sigh}

Apparently other MLS teams can find quality from Argentina, huh? RSL did play very well in taking precisely what they were given.

I need a drink, or 6.

-WC

24. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw what KC is missing, and I know I'm going to have to duck some flying vegetation here, but Chris Klein just put a gorgeous ball on Landy's head. I almost cried a little bit when I saw the replay. :(

25. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all four questions are spot on and they better be keeping mr. onalfo up at night. terrible decisions, the lot of 'em.