KC @ SJ POST game thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Nov 16, 2003.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    3-2 SJ

You wanna talk about "best MLS game ever"? I'll contend for years that that game was it.

Wow, what a way to go.

God damnit!

2. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Piss of, Landon Donovan. Shave your chest while your at it.

So close...I'm proud of our boys though...

3. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    who gives a crap if they were close. they didn't win...this completely sucks!

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The Wizards played 33 regular season and playoff games.

They were shutout 6 times.

They scored in 27 games.

They held the lead in 24 of those 27 games.

They gave up leads in 17 of 24 games in which they had a lead.

In two games they gave up the lead twice.

In two games they gave up two goal leads.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree with you on that one. It could be that I wasn't exaclty rooting for a team in the LA-SJ game, but man that game was exciting, lots of back and forth up and down play. Both teams had their chances to put it away in OT, we had our chances in the first, they had their chances in the second before Donovan put his away. Every player on both teams left it out there. Even without the result, that was one of the greatest games I've seen. Two teams fighting for the chance to go to the championship game

6. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't get taking Igor out. He was dangerous the entire match, not to mention scoring a goal.

So depressing :(

7. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Screw the stats...the seasons over, no changing that. Just stuff to work on for next year. Oh and KCWiz, would you rather of lost 6-0 or had an exciting game like that to go out? Piss off...

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with that, Igor had been our most dangerous player, and Wolde hadn't done a heck of a lot while he was out there, true he was the target guy up top, but it wasn't very affective, I would have pulled Wolde for Wolff.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll probably say that he wouldn't want to go out at all, but I'd say that I would much rather go out in an exciting game like that anytime. This is why we have playoffs, because we get exciting games like this, maybe not all the time, but we sure get them.

10. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    for the 3rd time, it doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we friggin lost. i couldnt care less how we lose. the point is is that we lost...plain and simple.

11. dgb09

dgb09 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Overland Park, KS
    You're correct. The season is over and it's time to look toward next year. The stats mentioned above in the thread point to the major problem on this team: defense. It's ranged from average to depressing.

Player selection/substitutions has also been mentioned. This is another area that should be addressed.

Stats will rarely tell the whole story. However, they can help to note trends and fill in gaps. I think that might be what KCWiz was going for.

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    It matters a lot. It was a totally freaking great match and we can feel proud of the guys. I'm disappointed to the nth degree, but there's nothing to complain about. Nothing to be ashamed about.

13. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    HERE, HERE!!!

We have nothing to be ashamed about Wizards fans!

Go Wiz!

14. sequeira16

sequeira16 New Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    you guys are right, it does matter. usa lost to germany 1-0, but what a way to lose! instead of getting pasted, we showed that we can play with the big boys in the big games on the biggest stage. yes, it does say a lot how you win and how you lose. win with class and lose with heart should make every fan proud

15. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got home from the Pavillion. Damn, what an exciting game. Back and forth action, players leaving it all on the pitch. Too bad we were on the short end of the score but the boys gave it a good shot. Could have gone either way.

I'm already looking forward to next season. Go Wiz!

16. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If we would have gone out there and gotten pasted, I probably wouldn't be calling for Bobs head right now. That's what happens to teams when they go out to play in San Jose. But the way we lost, by defensive lapses from a supposed defensive genius, just reminded me of all the other times that this has happened and I can't take it anymore. I'd rather be a Dallas fan than a Wizards fan right now. Too many leads and it just rips my heart out every time. Probably should have happened to us in MLS Cup 2000 as well. I'm grateful for winning in then, and the great groups of guys that make it so easy to root for. These losses just drive me crazy though. In a few days, I'll mello out, but this is how I feel coming off one of the all time heartbreakers for me. This is up there with the Jayhawks losing to Syracuse and Maryland and then the Chiefs losing in '95 and '97.

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I blame Lin Eliott

18. OBartleby

OBartleby New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    Heartbreak.

19. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    :D

Only a true Kansas Citian can appriciate you humor.

:(

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll take time for it to sink in, but it was a great, great game.

Comparing it to the LA-SJ match, well, that one was more exciting, what with the impossible comeback made possible. But the play was sloppy. There was some pretty sweet combination play in this match. Very high level of skill.

21. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL

Ouch laughing like that brought back those painful memories.
    LOL

22. WiZards4eva

WiZards4eva New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Darn it!
    But no matter what, Im still proud to be a KC Wizards Fan!

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One last thing I will say tonight about the game is that I'm damn glad I signed up for yahoo platinum for the game so I could watch it. It was so much better to finally be able to watch a Wizards game instead of reading MLSnet or on bigsoccer to find out about the game.

24. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    what was the attendance?

25. DeRoDeRo

DeRoDeRo New Member

Jan 9, 2002
    HalfMoonBay

but we were loud!!