KC/SJ 7/27/02 In-game/Postgame [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by BlueMeanie, Jul 27, 2002.

1. modpappy

modpappy New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    I have to agree with the Wizards fans, Garcia is a quality player. I don't know what he's like off the field: I'll take their word that he's a good guy, but on the field he is tenacious and tough, with a VERY good read of positioning. I don't think his size hurts him, and he doesn't seem to lose out to faster players either--very good use of what skills he has...and yes, Graz was awfully lucky to avoid the red, that little tussle should have seen him ejected, how Garcia got the yellow (unless he was swearing at the ref) is beyond me...a good win for KC, a tough loss for us, thank God the All-Star break is here!

2. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well - - better luck next time..... ;)

3. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If FY want to have all three players on the field why not give DeRo a try in mid field? His tireless running would be well suited to mid field and he can't be much less effective than Landon has been in that position. If he doesn't work there, it's back to the bench as super sub.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an excellent idea; one I think would work well. Why not give it a try, Frank?

5. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute...... I wasn't the one who claimed that Garcia wasn't tripped by Donovan. He clearly was. That was absolutely an appropriately called foul. What I said about Garcia is that he's becoming such a whiny brat. He can dish it out, but won't take it. If someone talks to him, looks at him sideways or heaven-forbid touches him, it becomes a federal case to him.... he's up bitching at the refs, whining and complaining to anyone who will listen. And he goes down very easily for a defender too.

I never said or meant to imply he's not a skilled player. I think Serna's a skilled player too, hence the comparison. I wish both of them would just up their sportsmanship a notch and let their skills do the talking. I was very careful to point out in making the comparison that the Garcia and Serna may be nothing alike off the field, which I consider "signing autographs" to be. I was commenting on his on-field deportment, where he comes across as a whiny a$$hole. He may be a model professional in all other aspects of his career.

And because I'm critisizing players on-the-field deportment.... I think Graziani's love of theater is beginning to get on my nerves too. He's pretty harmless, but I do have to wonder why a soccer game is always such a blazing melodrama. I guess it motivates him.

-KMJvet

6. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the 3 points! :D

The wonderboy was more concerned about what was in his nose instead of what was going on the pitch.

Albany you are right Dero was the only player making any offensive threats. The little mermaid was horrible, only good he did was drawing Nick G. to get a yellow.

I know how you quake fans feel. We came out Weds night flat and got schooled by the Metros. Oh well you are still tops and that is all that matters.

7. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

OK.....To mention Lagos and Ibsen in the same breath is out of line.....I thought that Lagos, Donovan and Ekelund were the only guys actually running out there. Our distribution from the defense was pitiful. They were getting way too cute back there......too many give-aways back there. KC's goals were garbage, one was a deflection and the other was the old "beat Ibsen and meg Cannon" play. Even without the garbage goals KC should have won 3-1. They suck at finishing. Graziani was dangerous as usual but DeRo seemed like he had nothing in the tanks from the get-go. DeRo may not be a heat player. Graziani seemed like he ran more than DeRo, that never happens. Russell was useless out there.