KC Roadtrip Thread: 31 August

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Pyro, Jul 29, 2002.

1. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Are we going to be tailgating before the game????

2. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    If any of you are, there will be a tailgate in Lot B of the Truman Complex (hotel side), look for many blue jerseys. BYOB, huge open grill. Have a safe trip here and a long safe trip home. ":)"

3. The count as of right now is 28. Hoping for a few more so we have a group of over 30 fans.

4. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    thanks for the info

5. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    we're bringing four maybe six.

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

just be careful when he says "many blue shirts", it could very well be four or five

:D

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be no less than five. Four would be several.

Anyhow...I've got empty seats in my car. My previous passengers are driving separately because of schedule conflicts.

If anyone wants to drive down to Kansas City starting on Saturday at about 9AM, and return on Sunday morning, let me know.

Hotel room has space on the floor.

8. vwfire

vwfire New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    round lake park
    ultracinek
    can you pick up one tik for me ?
    I will pay you at the game.by the way what hotel did you book at? thank you

9. vwfire,

Don't worry, I am going to have a ticket for you. Pick it up from me in the parking lot before the game. I will be driving a dark blue BMW.

Jaquie,

Please check your email and get back to me ASAP.

10. ChicagoDan

ChicagoDan Member

Aug 6, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    3 of us with family from KC. Won't be with the group, but we'll stop by.

11. We have reservations at Inn Towne Hotel, and I have a space for you if you want to stay with us. The cost should be around $12-13 per person based on 4 people per room.

Marcin

12. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Marcin, Sylvester called me and said about meeting at 355 and lincoln highway. But I have no clue where lincoln highway is. Can you fill me in?

13. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lincoln highway is way south it is RTE 30 running through frankfort west into joliet. As far as I can tell 355 and lincoln highway don't meet.

14. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Thanks. I think I know how to get there now. Take 355 to 55 and take 55 to route 30.

15. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about arranging a post-match bar to watch the Metro-LA game?

I have never been to KC so, I could use some suggestions.

16. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Easiest place to see a game at and meet up in in KC is a irish pub called Malloy Bros. in the westport district. (not too far from the stadium). This is also the area of town you'll want to be in should you deside to hit up any other bars/nightlife.

17. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that the place (based on quick internet research is....Mc Coy's Public House. @ 4057 Pennsylvania Ave.

18. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    last night was amazing, besides the loss. there and back in 24 hours baby!
    love
    cameron

19. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Now it is time to sleep for a couple of days.

20. That's what I did on the first day after return. But one day should be enough.

Thank you to everybody who went to KC and cheered with us in our section. We had a really good group of dedicated fans who did not spare their throats and could really appreciate the incredible acoustics of Arrowhead Stadium.

This was the first time we went to a different town than Columbus and put on a full 90 minute cheering session. We actually never stopped (except for the half-time) and it was absolutely amazing!

We received words of appreciation from the folks in KC and from the players, too. They actually liked us there in KC even though our supporters group was larger than theirs!!!

Marcin

21. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    it really carried through on the tv broadcast... one could easily tell it was the fire fans making noise

props to all who went, you guys rocked

22. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MDSC HQ: design dept.
    KC was definitely an awesome time! we need MORE MORE MORE people at these away games, and if you're contemplating attending one, i will tell you, as will anyone else who goes, it is well worth the drive. and this message board is a great aid in setting up carpools/meeting up with other fans, etc.

23. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Not much of a match, but it was a good performance by the fans and a worthwhile trip to KC. Disappointed that my son's first match was a loss, but there will be many more Fire matches in his future.

See you in Columbus!

-Todd, Janet and Ismail