KC Roadtrip Thread: 31 August

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Pyro, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Road Trip - Kansas City - 8/31

Dirt Cheap Airfare ($86.50 Round Trip)

Count 2 FIRE fans in attendance!

If any one has ticket contacts @ the main office there, please post.

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    woah! where did you get this airfaire? beacuse my friends and i were planning on driving but if we can fly for that cheap.

3. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United

and

American

Quick note: I just checked out the Wizards site and thier General Admission Section is called "The Wiz Zone" (yikes!)

"Yellow Seats! Yellow Seats!"

MLS marketing at its best!

4. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I just got the green light from the wife to go.

I need to fly out early Sunday.

Anyone carpooling?

Flights, etc.....

Also Southwest is at $85 w/taxes and it's a party airline if I ever saw one.

5. This is up from $70 (taxes incl.) that we flew for last year but still a good deal. A big group of Ultras will be making the trip and we are actually thinking of organizing a bus which should be in the $50 range. If we don't get 40 people or more, we are going to fly.

Marcin

6. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I and about 3-4 of my friends want on that bus. Send me a private message or email about it please

7. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also if the Ultras are arranging the tickets post it up here on who to contact.

8. Cougar Jim

Cougar Jim New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago
    Keep in mind that, even if you get cheap airfares, the KC Airport is a road trip in itself. It is about 45 minutes, depending on if you think you're Mario Andretti, to get into town. For my money, I'd just as soon drive.

9. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

How long is that drive? Yahoo says 8 hours, what is reality. By my estimations, 540 miles is about 6 1/2 hours.

Anyone wanna golf Saturday morning?

10. Paul D

Paul D New Member

Aug 6, 2000
    lower wacker drive
    The Barn Burners & Ultras usually get seats in the same section, and offer them at the group discount rate. I'll get evryone more info as we get it worked out.

P.S. If anyone is hesitating, KC is a blast. not only do they have great BBQ, but a decent block of clubs & pubs downtown. Last year, Diego & Jamar saw 6-7 of us dressed in our Fire gear on the dance floor of XO and came up to us to say hi.

cheers,

Paul

11. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope no one bought their tickets on Vanguard.

12. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'd be all for this, especially with the low cost, if I wasn't going to be in Wisconsin all weekend.

This is a good deal even with the Columbus trip not long after and whatever potential playoff away matches we have (there is NOTHING like supporting your team away in the playoffs....everyone should do it).

13. Cougar Jim

Cougar Jim New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago
    You can probably split the difference and say 7 to 7 1/2 hours. Depends on if there's any construction. Also on how you drive. I've seen people do the Chicago-St. Louis leg in 4 hours and others in 5 1/2 hours. Add 2 1/2 to 3 hours for the St. Louis-KC leg.

14. No way you drive through St. Louis! You drive through Des Moines or, if you are VERY adventurous, through Hannibal (I did that once and it was one strange roadtrip). Anyway, the fastest time possible is about 7 hours. If you have a car that can go over 550 miles without refueling (I do), can hook up behind some nut going at 85 MPH through Iowa (not recommended), or have a very fast motorcycle, you can probably scrub another 10 minutes off the 7 hours.

15. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    What kind of airplane do you fly? 540 miles in 6 1/2 hours in more than 83 mph average. To do that you'd probably have to cruise about 90. Now I know that SDM can do that, but that's pushing things a bit perhaps.

I would agree with Marcin though. Des Moines is the way to go. It's 5 hours from the Indiana line to Des Moines averaging about 70 mph (75 mph cruise). It's probably another 2:45-2:50 to KC at the same rate.

Not sure what the speed limits (not that everybody pays attention to them - but I've run across some police types who take them seriously) are in MO, but it's 65 in Ill and Iowa.

16. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are driving, the fuzz will be thick since it's a holiday weekend and all.

I got busted in KY coming back from NC by a lesbicop, so I was definitely assured a ticket. Always better for a woman to get pulled over by a male officer. :)

17. Ultras' Bus Going!

OK, the Ultras have the bus reserved for the trip to Kansas City. We HAVE to have 40 people going or the bus will be cancelled. The maximum number of travellers is 47.

The charge per seat is $60. We will be ordering tickets to the match, too, as soon as we are certain that we are taking that bus.

The bus will be leaving on Sat. 08/31 at around 7AM from the usual spot (corner of Narragansett and Irving Park in Chicago) and will leave the stadium right after the game and head straight back to Chicago to arrive there by around 7AM.

If you are interested, please email me with any questions (however, they will be answered only after the 13th because I am leaving for a couple of days) and bring $60 to the 08/14 Wed. game. This is a must because if you don't pay by 08/14, you won't go! Checks should be OK unless they are written to Mickey Mouse or some other creature. The money will be collected by Jimmy's before the game and in Section 8 during and after the game.

Marcin

18. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Re: Ultras' Bus Going!

Bump

19. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    A friend and I are in. Who else??????? We should be able to get atleast 15 from bigsoccer and if we can't, it's sad.

20. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    modernpiracy, myself and probably two more of our friends are going. so count that as 4.

21. Bayernfan

Bayernfan Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    My wife, baby and I are definitely coming from Atlanta for the match; we booked the air tickets last week.

22. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I can find the pocket money, I'll be there. Driving as usual. Just a few more hours until the pilgrimmage to Dallas begins.

23. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    anyone else??? We need 40 for the bus.

24. SectionEight

SectionEight New Member

Dec 26, 2000
    Bridgeview, ILL
    I gotta go take a Wiz

I'm trying to think of a reason why I can't take the bus to KC, but one is just not coming......
    $60 - yep
    Nothing going on Labor Day Weekend until Sunday night - good
    Cooler, ice & 16 hours worth of beer - not a problem
    Tony Meola flopping around - priceless
    Unless I get hit by that bus before this Wednesday, I'm in.

25. zlzfire

zlzfire New Member

Jun 28, 2001
    Frankfort, IL
    airfare

I usually am a bus man but will be unable to take it this time. Southwest.com has some promotional rates where I fly in Friday night and fly out sun. morning for $85 tax included. Not bad