KC Moving to Eastern Conference

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by txaggie93, Nov 16, 2004.

1. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I care for it.

There are exceptions, but travel (for team and fans), time of game (for fans/businesses watching/advertising on tv), geographically started rivalries/familiarity, regional TV coverage, and the like are decent arguments IMO in most instances.

As for this specific instance, I don't care either way. Both scenarios have pluses and minuses, but I think I was leaning for Dallas in the west, especially if Houston and San Antonio are as likely as they sound in the next decade or so. I think alot of this should be based on who will likely be in the league in a few years via expansion and the likely realignments, although realizing that is a very incorrect science, subject to change on the drop of a dime (or 1 million of them - ie Checketts).

2. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO, that SHOULD have been an issue with the Stars. The Stars in the pacific while Vancouver in a different division is completely ridiculous.
    It should be these teams in the pacific:
    San Jose, Vancouver, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix
    while the other two divisions could be divided a couple of different ways.
    Chicago, Columbus, Nashville, St Louis, Detroit
    Edmonton, Calgary, Minnesota, Dallas, Colorado
    would be my preference.
    Another team or two relocated further west would shuffle things a little bit, depending on where it was, possibly/probably moving Phoenix, Columbus, & Dallas/Minnesota a division east.

I don't belive the Rangers had as much of a case based on the layout of the teams in the American League. Same with the Astros. There just aren't enough MLB teams in the west, and Dallas & Houston are 1 of the 5 western most teams in each league.

3. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    Sorry about that

4. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The basic problem here is that I was making a joke.

A joke based on previous rumor and discussion on thie board that KC is moving, maybe to seattle, maybe to Rochester. I was not trying to start a discussion on the various methods and merits of a KC move to Rochester.

So when you asked I am saying this.. or saying that... or then how the hell could thid or that.... I said I am not saying anything.

I was making a joke about the reason for a KC move to the east.

So my mistake for not putting a little :) or something.

All clear now?

5. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    I'm not sure Buzz. I don't think the problem was that you were making a joke. I think the REAL problem was that your jokes aren't funny!

6. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped for that! :D :D :D

7. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, that's different.

[​IMG]

...never mind

(Sorry, the jacknuttery around here lately has my Sarcasmatron on the fritz...)

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are probably right.

NOBODY gets me.
    :(

9. jeffenbauer

jeffenbauer Member

Jul 17, 2002
    dallas, tx
    Shall we rename you from Buzz to Enigma?

10. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Hey, don't knock it... at least he keeps his 'sense-of-humor' out of 3rdDegree.net

;)