Kc/dc [R] postgame thoughts

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KCWizFan#3, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 12wizards22

12wizards22 New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Kansas City, KS
    Re: Cup final Post game

Bo lost the game for us. He sucked and he just buckled under the pressure.And i bet that if we played Tony that would've never happened. Tony wouldn't let those balls go in. We got screwed and so did Tony. And I think that we shouldn't of put in Deigo Walsh for Alex Zotinca, but maybe Taylor Graham in for Zotinca. The only good thing that did happen was Jr.'s goal in the first half and Wolff's pentaly goal.

2. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i thought you guys played a good game
    although i am biased for alecko because if i was in that situation i would put my hand in front of my face too.

but i dont want to start an argument.
    you guys played a great second half,
    hats off to the opening goal! awesome shot

good luck next year, i cant wait till opening day!

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know you're a newbie, but which of those 3 goals were Bo's fault? One post above yours I posted the effects of the 3 goals and the fact that none of them were the fault of Bo directly.

We did not get screwed either, we played like ********, that's why we lost the game. Tony didn't get screwed either. Tony got hurt, his back up played extremely well for the time he was gone and deserved to start the game today. Tony got screwed on nothing. I'm not saying this because I don't like Tony, I love Tony, been a fan of his since the 90 WC, but Bo was playing better, Tony has played 1-2 times since August, I don't want a cold goalie playing in the most important game of the season.

On the bringing in of Walsh, Gansler was looking to bring in some offense. While Big Tiny would have been a good idea because of his height, I think that Bob was looking for a more offensive minded player, and that is not Big Tiny. I totally disagree with you on all of your points.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Kc/dc

Also if I can make a point, what was with JP and Wynalda saying that was Jose's first goal? He scored earlier this season with a rocket against San Jose

5. Carey

Carey New Member

Sep 29, 2002
    KC

Tony? Is that you?

6. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you. I will enjoy the victory. You KC fans have a lot to be proud of for the year. You have a great and classy team.

Thank you for knocking out LA so I did not have to watch them in the final at home.

7. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC

I am sorry, but everything you have just said is incorrect. I'm not even going to explain, because the errors in your post are just so painfully obvious.

8. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO

we're in LA, devistated, obviously. We're off in a few to meet the team at thier hotel. Damn, this is going to be along flight home tonight on the plane.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you feel inclined to kick the crap out of Matt Taylor for shooting like a 15 year old rec girl, by all means feel free.

10. 12wizards22

12wizards22 New Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Kansas City, KS

yeah it's me tony

11. Davy's#1Gal

Davy's#1Gal New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Although I am a newbie, and not the most learned person in soccer, I must say that I approve completely in the decision to put Bo in today. He did good. Most of what happened to him was out of his control. I used to get nervous when I saw him in the box, but I now have complete faith in him. I just don't think Tony was ready yet. It's not that I don't think he's great. I do. Tony is the man. He was just hurt, and simply not ready. That's the bottom line.
    I was a little disappointed in the way we played today. That second half...we should have had it! I mean everything was on our side! They were a man short, the sun was in our favor, we'd just gotten that PK...what happened Matt Taylor??!! (although it wouldn't have hurt us if the rest of the team had stepped it up a a bit too)
    Oh that win would have been so so sweet...
    But we had an awesome season. There will be more of them. KC- we've got a great thing going for us. We really do.

On a side note: Today was my first watch party at Coach's. I can't begin to describe the feeling it gave me to see so many people so excited about soccer. I had a great time. I'm so glad you all are out there! Pat- very nice to have met you.

12. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    It's really hard not to be mad about the missed handball call. It was intentional, and in my book thats a red. It would have completely changed every aspect of the rest of the game. DC played well, but it's hard not to think that Eskandarian knew what he was doing. He and Kovalenko disgraced the game today. Enjoy your win DC, but you better not be acting like you deserve ****.

13. kckicker23

kckicker23 Member

Jun 10, 2003
    KC
    No matter, it's great to have you on board as being a Wizards fan. Hopefully you (and others like you) will become more involved and along the way, become more learned.

It's great to hear also that the turnout was huge at Coach's. It was Sunday afternoon, during a Chiefs game nonetheless. This turnout is great news for future parties (and victories, damnit) and also just great in general for the state of soccer fans in KC. We're there.

14. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    sorry guys i was really pulling for yall one because dema the butcher is on dc two because dc fans are pricks and dont deserve it and three because i met a lot of yall at the open cup game and like your team....oh well next year awaits!

15. Davy's#1Gal

Davy's#1Gal New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks for the welcome.

You can definetly count on me for future parties...and victories as well.

16. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks
    Just been looking in at the DC boards. It's amazing how they view the handball no call on the 2nd goal as being the RIGHT no-call. Disregard the fact that the hand ball (weather intentional or not) gave DC a unfair advantage and should have been called. It was a bad attempt at a pass from deep in our territory, so they think it was okay.

17. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I will say it again. Alecko and Dema disgraced the game today. Did you notice how Lorrie Fair didn't even ask him about it at halftime? He even had this smirk like "Yeah, I know what I did but it doesn't matter."

18. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Your own coach said if it isnt called, it isnt an infraction, give it a rest already. Its part of the game, and its not the first call a ref has ever missed (gasp)

The fact is you had a man up for the better part of the second half, an amazing amount of stoppage time and you were up within the first 5 minutes and blew it.

That said, I was impressed with the KC Wiz fans turnout at MLS cup. Not sure how many of you there were, but you were visible in your blue in the corner, and they showed you several times. Too bad LA couldnt manage a sellout, though.

19. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I couldn't bear to read through this thread, tough game. Now I understand why the treble is such a huge deal, you have to be the best and most consistent team during the whole season as well as winning multiple tournaments and being the best team every time you take the field. Not an easy task to do.

It's easy to point the finger at a couple Wizards players, or a couple handballs, and a number of other really crappy calls, but we played awful for the most part today. DC was a real suprise as to how dominant they were. Prior to them losing a man, it almost seemed like they were a man up the entire game. We could never get anything going near their box, seemed like we were always double teamed. Also seemed like they matched us man for man when they were attacking. It really all came down to a 20 min. stretch where we looked utterly lost when DC was killing us offensively. Even if we had scored one more goal, had a Taylor opportunity worked in our favor, we still weren't the better team. We couldn't even take advantage of a blinded keeper.

Great season though, I'm really looking forward to returning to the champions cup. Had we not lost Preki and Klein, things really would have been different all season long.

On a side note.... Watching the game on TV was brutal. Next Cup at LA better be at night. Now I'm off to LA, kinda glad in retrospect I didn't shell out $300 for change of airfare to get out there one day earlier. Though I'm sure everyone had a blast with the exception of the loss.

20. rallen

rallen New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Shawnee, Ks

You have your own threads to gloat. This is our thread to voice our pain. Post a congratulations and move over to your side and be proud that your team won.
    How did the DC United fans get the section behind the goal? I thought that both teams sections were in the corners? The attendance was just under 26,000. How many does the Home Depot Center hold?

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1. No clue, think our FO or maybe K from the screaming eagles organized it? I wasnt able to afford it.
    2. 27,000 is capacity I beileve

22. eurojack

eurojack Member

Jun 29, 2001

I agree: no team really ever "deserves" to win any game. I'm sorry that you feel that the DC fans are such jerks. We are just pulling for our team and talking a little smack like all fans do in every sport. You and I both know that any team cold have won this game today. Hell...we were both lucky to get into this final match!

I don't think there is a whole lot of room for elitism in MLS: we are all part of a grass roots effort to try and make this league into something, in a country whose media isn't too fond of the sport . As fans in DC, we try to recreate the same sort of soccer support atmosphere at matches that exists throughout the world. Like all good fans (KC included) we sing songs and chant and try to berate the opposition and inspire the home side. Sometimes we go to far and question the referee's sexuality and weaken the spirt of the opposition (we don't REALLY think that Tony Meola wears a bra!). But it is all in good fun, without any true malice or violence intended.

KC fans: Keep bringin' it! I can't wait to see the next match that we face you. Perhaps in the final of the CONCACAF CUP!

Cheers!

23. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Bo or Tony didn't matter. The only possible arguement could be that Tony could organize the defense better, but A) the Wizards played stout defense with Bo in late in the season, and B) only on the 3rd goal could you blame organization.

The worst part was that in the 2nd half, every time the ball fell in a good situation, it was on Taylor's foot. Today, he was either going to go nuts today or to borrow a British phrase, totally bottle it. Unfortunately, it was the latter.

The real problem today was that the Wizards couldn't get the quick counter going. Thus we couldn't put their backline to the test. Well, I guess the other real problem was Esky's handball. Yeah, yeah, those calls are part of the game...until you're victimized by it.

24. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Dema, yes. Alecko, no.

He didn't stick his arm out like Dema did, on the contrary he looked like he was trying to tuck in. And there really wasn't any unfair advantage from it hitting his arm. Look, that ball was going off of him. Whether it was his arm, or torso, it was going to hit him and go the other way.

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not wanting to get into a huge arguement, which is unlikely cause it already is one. True it may have been on it's way to hitting the body, but it did hit his hand, and since it hit his hand and gave him an unfair advantage, it should be called.