KC @ DC post game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Spoon, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A 3 back system is 3 center backs. They are not wing backs it's 3 center backs. Also having Garcia as the center of the 3 is the best because if the other 2 ******** up his speed helps cover things up.

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Exactly. Even the commentators said at one point during the game that Shavar was playing "outside defender" (or something to that effect, IIRC). I thought to myself the same thing you just pointed out.

But damn Shavar is slow.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Wizards/that dc team postgame (R)

Yes.

******** you.

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC

What is with being so touchy about "The Curse" all the sudden? Did someone say something to set you off?

Just wondering, please don't curse me out too. ;)

5. misterbean17

misterbean17 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Fayetteville, NC
    I keep doubting Victorine, and he keeps proving me wrong
    This aquisition has turned out to be a good move

Garcia was the MOTM
    Sasha had those 2 great plays and had a good game as well, but Nick clearly stood out

I loved that play where I think it was Davy who chested a ball down to Scott Sealy who had a very quick and powerful strike that Rimando was all over

Seally continues to improve

Keep Jewsbury on the field

The usual from Klein and Burciaga

Davy seemed like he was hustlin a lot more than usual, which is a lot

Freddy Adu played well and has really progressed since last year
    In 3-4 more years (if he doesn't go overseas) he will be the MVP of this league
    I was sure that he was going to score when he burned Thomas with his speed (obviously) and then cut back on Garcia. Too bad he hit it right at BoBo

6. wizards girl

wizards girl New Member

Dec 19, 2004

agree with everything. shavar looked really bad out there against freddy. he got nick a couple of times too. but nick is faster so it doesn't look as bad. and this is the beginning of somthing great..... cough 2005 mls champs cough.... ;)

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wouldn't go that far, we still have a lot of consistency issues with the team, and not playing a full game. Yesterday we didn't even play a full game, we disappeared, played crappy, played balls straight to unmarked DC players off of thrown ins and distributions, we need to play a full game before I even consider that.

8. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Don't forget the pinstripes on the front too. It was a thing of beauty.

9. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree. I hate watching everyone just knock the ball down field aimlessly. All we do is knock it straight back to the other team especially to their keeper.

10. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Well, he was always in position, and his positioning hasbeen my criticism of him all year. He was also MLSnet's MOTM, so someone agrees with me! :D

11. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    He did have 7 saves.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He might have, but I thought other guys had better games, like Garcia, I thought Garcia played fantastic in the game.

13. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Oh, I totally agree. I was just pointing out that he had 7 saves.

Bo didn't have a "special" game. Didn't deserve man of the match. It belonged to Nick and Sasha.

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that he made the 7 saves, I was just pointing out that in my opinion he didn't warrent a lot to earn MOTM, like you said, both Sasha and Nick had better games. Bo didn't have a game to warrent the mlsnet MOTM he got. I mean as a former goalie I know how hard it is to make saves at times, but many of United's best chances were right at Bo. I was just stating my opinion that he wasn't the best choice for MOTM when Nick and Sasha both had better games in my opinion.

15. hartley

hartley Member

Okay. I was wrong. I said that DC would win. I said Bo would be beat. I said Victorine would have a bad game. I was wrong on all accounts and happily so.

I will point out that I also said Gansler needs to make adjustments depending on the opponent. I have said before that going 3-5-2 against DC's same would be a better way to match up. And that we also needed to run at their defense with the ball at our feet.

I have watched the game twice. The first time I thought Arnaud was doing a great job of hustling and tracking back on defense -- especially in the second half. I also thought he was keeping the ball way too long. He could have made some quick, good passes.

Then I watched the game again and remembered that one of the things we must do against DC is fight the urge to make the quick pass. They are very quick defensively and cut out a lot of passes. So, when we play them we really should hold the ball more and attack them the same way they do us.

We have to have players that will take the ball at them. Davy kept doing that time and time again. He made them play defense. Should he have gotten rid of the ball sooner on more than a few occasions? Maybe. On a couple, definitely. But he was making their defense play him and keep playing him. That will eventually open things up. As each of their defenders is forced to man mark, a mistake will be made. Thus, Sasha's attack and score.

We finally played their game back at them -- and we won. Funny, that's how the Revs beat United also. I guess Bob finally watched some game film of their matchups.

Way to go Wizards! I am so happy I was wrong about this game.

16. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I'm in total agreement with you.

17. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Funny how we win on the road and you're not in any arguements with other people. :D

18. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    LOL. Other than still not understanding why Spoon is criticizing Bo when he recorded a clean sheet. Especially since he's proven himself to be more than capable throughout the season. Tied for second in shutouts, and 4th in Goals-against-average. Hasn't cost us a game all season. I just don't get the criticism. And yes, I'm biased because I'm a goalkeeper, but on this one I'd be arguing the same thing even if I wasn't.

19. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Maybe it's because Bo couldn't stand on the edge of an air craft carrier and kick the ball into the water???

20. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Now that's a ligitimate criticism of him.

21. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he could throw the ball in the water. :D

22. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    By the looks of things the other night he could throw the freakin' ball to shore.

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    That's twice in a few weeks though, where he's watched a ball right into the post on a sequence that he looked a little bit lackadaisacal. He makes me nervous. However, reading that Tony was actually making in the 250,000+ range for us last year, it really makes me glad we have Bo.

24. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he too, like Stuart Scott, only has one eye...

That would really screw up your depth perception.

25. hartley

hartley Member

I neglected to mention in my earlier message that Jack Jewsbury played a great game. He looked a little rusty from not enough play as of late. He was on the verge at least three times of either getting a very good shot off or a very good pass. Just one step or touch away.

And yet again, he gets subbed off.

Now I was wondering when Preki was going to come on and for whom. My thought was that maybe Gutierrez or Sealy should come off. Of course, if Diego comes off then he doesn't make the pass to Sasha that is the goal. So with perfect hindsight, Sealy should have come off.