KC - CBus Post-game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Unorthodox Yank, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To quote chad....and myself.....and basically everyone else:

"********ing COLUMBUS!"

:mad:

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose the hero and the goat all in one night.

3. ockk

ockk Member

Jun 1, 2003
    raymore
    we sucked

4. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there's nothing like being bored and pissed at the same time.

5. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    One word:

Pathetic.

6. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    The Crew forum tagline describes tonight's match better than I ever could: "Harder to watch than your parents having sex."

p.s. - how the fvck did we tie Columbus?

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Ties suck.

8. Mdarney

Mdarney Member

Apr 3, 2005
    KC Midtown
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the best way to let the office know that the best thing about last night's game was the lack of noise coming from the loud speakers?

I felt like I was at a real soccer game-- hearing the guys yell and even hearing the authentic applause and cheers of the crowd.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    At the rate the Wizards will blow away the record for ties in a season. Last year was the only year that the team has no led the league in ties. I guess Boring Bob Gansler wants to make up for last season.

Ties are really 2/3rds of a loss. We keep throwing away points to teams we should be crushing.

After Columbus scored the team was awesome until we got the equalizer - then someone flipped a switch. If Columbus hadn't scored, I doubt we would've either.

We really are boring. Not because we're bunkering, it's just that we seem completely disinterested in scoring. And we have a hell of a lot of talent, so that other teams can't really impose their game on us. (Except for the Revs).

We desperately need a creative midfielder to start pulling the strings. We've shown that we've got players that can score - I think we're still #3 in goals per game - but there's no focus or consistency to our offense.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Over TV, the sound effects were virtually non-stop. It was as embarrassing as I recall. Ooooohhhhh yeaaaahhhhhh.

11. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I believe this is our number one concern at the moment. If Preki is going to be a super-sub from here on out, we need to start doing some shopping because we don't have anybody else right now that fits that role.

12. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. It sounded like a Wacky Racers cartoon from the 70's - with odd music choices mixed in.

Man did HSG take a big crap on the Wizards this season.

13. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definately needing some creativity on the offensive side of the ball or it is going to lead to an early exit in the playoffs. How many times last night did a man fail to shoot the ball when they had a look at the goal. Several. Time to start taking some shots or it is going to be a long season.

14. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What's odd about Culture Club?

15. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree... they needed to shoot the ball... Klien's miss only fired me up to see more... the opportunities are not providing themselves right now,...

16. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Underwhelming

A come from behind tie at home to the worst East team. Crappy! Only 4 points from home games with MLS' bottom dwellers. The 1-seed is history for KC. The best you can do is hope to catch CHI with games in hand.

Too many errors to count on the goal. Jose's cardinal error was the worst and the catalyst, but not the only. In your box you clear the damn ball! Still, the previous 2 KC defensive clears were suspect also. Bo's reaction and movement was slow at best. He got his hand to the ball off the post but also couldn't hold on. It's admittedly tough to do when you've given up your feet and have limited balance and movement. Such is KC's plight - no eraser for the inevitable multiple defensive mistake. No points for Bo having an ankle heavilly wrapped - make the play or sit.

People are rightly banging on Meola for recent comments. There should be no argument to the fact that he, and many others, would have gathered it up either the first or second time. We've all seen it happen too many times. The goal was mainly on Jose, but many mistakes by THE TEAM will be addressed by coaches.

More disturbing is the lack of killer instinct and motivation by the collective 11. You watch NE, CHI, and DAL on broadcasts and you see a very evident difference in every movement. They play with purpose and intent, a clear idea in every minute of the game. Soccer ebs and flows as this physical game must. Even in the ebb tide, there is a clear distinction in character.

Where is KC's character? Where are their balls? Where is KC looking absolutely dead wasted at the end of a match? Leave it on the field? Not KC so far. Where is the ability to hang 3 on a solid team? Where is the fight? Where is the attitude of invincibility in blue?

You see it in brief flashes with KC. The talent is there. When KC is motivated and pressures, they win the ball most times. They have the ability to connect 10 passes and disect to a middle run. But now, when they get there, KC gives up the ground gained with all-too-much ease. They retreat when aggression says to attack. Try something. Gutless. Maybe it has drained somewhat with the poison of relationship to the hopefully passing on soon Lamar Hunt. I dunno, but the heart is definitely not enough in either quantity or quality.

Average teams in any sport get buried under circumstances, standings, and other little things we will never know. KC, right now is an average team - good only on sets. KC is also an average team with only 3 losses for the season. Any even small increase in the gut and hustle things that lead to chances is the penicillin to cure current ills.

In the words of Clint Mathis, "Check your pants."

All right, I'm done.
    -WC

17. staubio

staubio New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did we manage last year with even less to choose from than we have now? I think we're just not putting it together. I saw some hints that KZ has his act together and was showing some of the elusive "creativity" we seek.

18. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is not and never will be KZ job. Kerry does the little things to get the offense going. I hope don't expect Kerry to fill that role becuase it is just not going to happen.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Underwhelming

Jose was having trouble clearing the ball all night, I remember 2 times in the first half that he did flying kicks at the ball to clear it and missed, luckily both times the Crew player thought Jose would hit it away and had given up.

Jose's clears were piss poor last night.

20. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Our defense was a heck of a lot better last year and could compensate for what was still a fairly tepid offense.

21. hartley

hartley Member

It's just my two cents, but our chemistry isn't what it was last year.

I really don't want to point fingers, but to me the big difference is Victorine. And Gansler's desire to keep Sasha on the field all the time.

Yes, Sasha adds to our attack in the air. But he hasn't contributed to team chemistry from what I can tell. And he has one good game followed by one bad game -- a reflection of the team so far this year. No consistency.

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. I will say it again.

Free Jack Jewsbury! Go back to the opening night lineup with just the Thomas adjustment to the defense.