NSR: Katai Situation Discussion

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Skevin, Jun 5, 2020.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God has spoken:

I guess we can close this thread now.

:D

cleschke, Skevin, Amdrag and 6 others repped this.
  2. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hmmm... it's almost like Chris Klein has done a very poor job as the leader of the Galaxy.

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Maybe, but often this stuff is kept under wraps and doesn't come out while it's happening. People tend to speak up after it becomes a public discussion.

4. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zlatan was "kind of a dick". Shoving Sebastian Lletget is a dick move. Not being able to make eye contact with your black teammate and being married to someone who publicly advocates death against a race of people is a little beyond mere dickish behavior.

FlapJack, Amdrag, 73Bruin and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the Sapong story. As I said earlier in the thread, it is hard to imagine that Katai married an open racist, without knowing she is racist. It is far more likely he at least okay with her holding those sentiments, then he is shocked by the words of his wife.

73Bruin repped this.
  6. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m late to the party. Is this a party? Well I’m late whatever it is and I think good riddance.

Some people feel weird about it being his wife but I don’t think it matters. It’s not his cousin. It’s the other person in his bed. They know their partner is a famous athlete and they decide to say some crazy shit well they reap the rewards.

I would rather the league and teams actually have a zero tolerance policy than the stuff I have seen from Euro soccer.

It sucks that he wasn’t the one that said it but her actions have now affected her personally. I have no problem with the league saying we are against this and we expect our players and their spouses to act in a way that represents our values as a brand.

I would much rather have it this way than have a slap on the wrist and some bullshit community outreach. Especially at a time like this where a lot of conversations are opening up about the history of racism. If there was any time where there should be zero tolerance it is right now.

JPAR, TrickHog and 73Bruin repped this.