Kasey KELLER

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Jeff L, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kasey Keller, the American Sperzzzzz Goalkeeper has gone to Southampton on a month's loan. I thought that that was one area where the Saints were not too short on some talent. However, (as an American) I hope that he does well there. Whether or not it will lead to a permanent move, I know not.

2. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Annti Niemi and #2 Paul Smith are injured. Southampton is down to their #3 keeper who played in the Carling Cup debacle @Watford....They got an exemption because of their dire situation.

Keller's contract expires after this year, some have said he may return to the USA and play in MLS, phishy's favorite league ;)

3. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Wenger is going to sign him and ship Lehman back to the Fatherland

4. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Oh.my.god!!! Jeff! You're American???!!!!

5. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    God, I hope not...

6. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No I am not an American. (I have to be careful how I word or punctuate this!!). It was referring to (as an American; i.e. KELLER), bearing in mind we are on a majority American website, that "HE" does well !!
    (Now that he is not at Sperzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)!!

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope Keller finds another EPL club to play for....maybe us?

8. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL

Based on his public pronouncements, he thinks it's time to get his family back to the States. From a career standpoint, I could see him accepting a decent offer to remain in England another season. By the end of that, Seattle could be coming into MLS in the (expected) 2006 expansion.

I don't see him going to Salt Lake City, for example, unless his contract allows a move to Seattle, if and when.

9. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    It seems a bit late for ReAL Salt Lake to take him. You're absolutely correct with the Seattle comment. In one of the specials on Fox Sports World (American footie station for those who don't know) about Americans overseas, Kasey said that if a Pacific Northwest team got an expansion spot, he'd like to go over there...

10. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keller has had a great career, but its winding down now. All credit to him for blazing a trail for American players in the EPL. But, I don't think signing Spurs' castoffs is really the answer for the Gunners' goalkeeping issues.

11. AjaxGunner

AjaxGunner New Member

Mar 18, 2004
    Ditto. Don't get me wrong; I think Keller's suffered from having Gary "Own Goal" Doherty in defense and King horribly out of position in midfield, but if AW didn't take Robinson, why would he take KK?