Kanye West incites race riot on NBC charity show

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ian McCracken, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't believe my ears. On NBC's hurricane relief concert, rapper Kanye West goes off on a tirade saying things like "George Bush doesn't care about black people" and "he's giving the army permission to shoot us". Nice. Mike Myers looked at him with despair, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing on a TV telethon trying to raise money. Unbelievable. Is Kanye looking to incite a race riot in this country? Totally irresponsible.

2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Kanye's exact words were "George Bush hates black people."

It's all just so sad :(

Obviously West himself is full of despair.

Anyway, take five minutes away from BS if you haven't already and go donate

3. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta keep it real ya know and pump that street cred.

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all you could choose from over the past couple days, you have the time and energy to be indignant over this? That's telling.

5. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think a popular rapper inciting a race riot on a telethon designed to raise funds for people in distress is something to be indignant about. Who knows how many countless people he ticked off that otherwise might've donated, not to mention pouring gas on race relations in this country.

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    What's really sad is that Kanye is right.

Bush doesn't care about Black people. This isn't news to anyone who's been paying attention.

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Impolitely and indelicately uttering the truth is not "inciting a race riot".

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Kanye West is a disgrace. He's unruly at award shows and was disrespectful towards Gretchen Wilson.

9. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    He writes lyrics that are political in nature too. What a freak!!!

11. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    I guess that some people can't handle the truth. After all, this is the same man who allowed his people to deliberatly try and disenfranchise hundred of thousand of blacks in order to make sure he won Florida in 2000. Kanye West is my hero.

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Like the majority of pop acts out there...it's all manufactured.

13. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, I'm not surprised a candy SS rapper from upper middle class America is your hero, but your facts (or lack thereof) on the 2000 election are without merit. But, you appear to be someone influenced by jingo liberalism.

14. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    huh? how so?

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Kanye West...50 Cent...Britney...Coldplay...all are probably normal suburb folks from the Midwest. They were probably approached by some record company exec with armloads of data on what "hipsters" want to listen to. They were given money, a story about their background and how they broke into the music biz and voila they become stars from the streets of Harlem or the club scene of London.

16. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kanye West's father was a professor and Kanye is college educated himself. He should know better than to talk with his SS, but what does he care as long as he can dupe poor black and white folks into thinking he's from the hood so they'll buy his albums. He's an SS clown.

17. Metroweenie

Metroweenie New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Kanye West is actually a pretty honest guy. You'll never hear him claim to be thug, hear about him dealing drugs etc. I'm pretty sure you're right he was middle class growing up, but he doesn't pretend to be anything else.

And his music has sounded the same since before he was famous.

18. Metroweenie

Metroweenie New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    When has he ever claimed to be from the hood?

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    you could not be more wrong, maybe try to learn the first thing about a topic before you lecture us on it

kanye and coldplay do not belong a manufactured pop star list with britney and plug nickel - he does the production and the rapping and the writing, and has also produced instant classics for other artists (example: "you dont know my name" by alicia keys)

geez, so so wrong... so so completely and utterly wrong

[chandler bing]could you BE more wrong?![/chandler bing]

20. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Have you seen the way Kanye dresses? No one from the hood dresses like Kanye. He's not trying to fool anybody.

21. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what? He forfeits his blackness and right to speak out, then? Even if he wasn't multi-platinum selling Kanye West, but just some normal black dude, he could have three degrees and a nice job, and still get pulled over by the police on account of nothing, still get looked at askance by well-intentioned, well-meaning people like me, even, because we have a serious race problem in this country that isn't going away.

22. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Class Act? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

[​IMG]

23. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have a serious race problem in this country because of ass clowns like him making irresponsible comments...on a CHARITY show.

24. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    You never listened then.

And George Bush doesn't like Black people. He also doesn't like poor * people.

* - people who are not multimillionaires or billionaires.

25. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we had our priorities - not just race, but social in general - sorted out in the first place, we wouldn't need to aid those folks on the street (and gratify ourselves) with a charity show right now.