Kafana - Bosnian Cafe - Discuss Anything

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Vitez, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I consider them nationalist because it is part of their platform, they do enough to define themselves that I don’t need to impose my thoughts. They are also actively complicit in destroying those institutions because as sudzuka mentioned, those are the parties they form coalitions with. How you responded to my post is how people in Zvornik defend Dodik and people in Mostar defend Covic. The (fill in the blank ethnicity) are stopping (fill in the blank us) from prospering. That is the very issue of nationalism, it is exclusive of others and leaves minorities at the way side.

Srebrenica is also a great example of this where a genocide denier is the mayor. SDA could’ve formed a coalition and won that seat easily but they don’t give a shit about that and went at it alone. Lost in 2016 and now might win it back as votes are still being counted. Still embarrassing that for four years someone who wouldn’t acknowledge genocide was Mayor.

BIHfan repped this.
  2. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Why do you say that? Mean that seriously, I know he does the all sides committed crimes and atrocities but that is pretty much the best you’ll get out of Bosnian Serb politicians, saying other wise they’d never get elected. I know that is hard to understand when clearly one side was the aggressor but the Serbian people (both in Bosnia and Serbia) have had a hard time accepting/dealing with that. Even the most normal/college educated/progressive Serbian will have trouble talking about it. You also have to consider their upbringing and the school system. The war and genocide is not learned about from the right perspective, it is viewed as a defense of their home and people.

He is a massive upgrade over Dodik/SNSD but not without issue. He is way more open minded and acknowledges that Bosnia is his country, which sucks that this is the bar Dodik set. I’m not a ball licker @BosanskiRambo but liked him speaking out against Dodik and his focus on issues as opposed to nationalism.

I encourage you all to watch or at least read this from his interview on pressing last year: http://ba.n1info.com/Vijesti/a400172/Stanivukovic-Spreman-sam-da-odem-u-Srebrenicu.html

3. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Stanivukovic was pictured with a chetnik flag not too long ago, so much for the "massive upgrade".

BosanskiRambo repped this.
  4. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That is a terrible look and idiotic of him to do but if you think that is on the same level as Dodik, I don't know what to tell you. Dodik doesn't just have a picture with a flag, he has thousands of pages of actions/rhetoric against the state, years of corruption and doesn't acknowledge the state that he is a President of. So yes, I think massive upgrade is appropriate.

5. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    It's not a competition, both are nearly equally as bad. It's like asking me to choose between having cancer and acute radiation sickness. I would even argue it's worse in Stanivukovic's case because he's so young yet already a pro-chetnik who grew up in a pro-chetnik environment surrounded by daily pro-chetnik propaganda. You can't deradicalize yourself from it almost ever, the rare ones that do get immediately ostracized by their surrounding, endure death threats and often have to move abroad even. True change will come when the people of Banja Luka either elect a Bosniak not affiliated with SDA or a Bosnian Serb who denounces chetnik ideology and acknowledges the various crimes committed by his ethnic group in the last 30 years.

6. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Alright we can agree to disagree here. I think this is incremental change and we can't get to where you want to go without it.

7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    He might be an upgrade for Banja Luka because of his strong stance against corruption and progressive views on economics. Besides the obvious picture of him proudly smiling with the chetniks flag, he has done/said some other things which would put him in the nationalist sphere.

He doesn't recognize the Srebrenica Genocide or the Hague Tribunal as a legitimate court, claims it unfairly target people like him (Serbs), and doesn't tell the whole story (numbers-wise). He basically insinuated that Alija Izetbegovic is the Bosnjak equivalent to Mladic or Karadzic. Called chetniks anti-fascist. Also joined Serbian nationalists in protesting and trying to overthrow the Montenegran government, was arrested and banned from the country.

He seems to think he can have it both ways, pro-Bosnia and pro-Republika Sprska, friend to Croats & Bosnjaks but also hold Chetniks in high regard. Either he's extremely ungenuine or naive.

He seems to be really ambitious, and if he wants the international accolades and respect abroad among colleagues in the US and EU he will have to change those views. Or he'll be able to become an extremely well-polished and presentable image of Serbian nationalism and bring it into the mainstream, something Dodik was unable to do.

8. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    #48758 BIHfan, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    He is actually kinda right about that, that's the worst part. There is a significant number of Croats and Bosniaks who are useful idiots of Serbian nationalism. Think of Dragan Covic who went to Banja Luka for a January 9th ceremony just a few years ago yet still has hundreds of thousands of Bosnian Croats voting for him. Think of Fikret Abdic and his supporters to this day, think of Emir (Nemanja) Kusturica, think of Dzevad Galijasevic, the list goes on.

As for coming up with a presentable image of Serbian nationalism, that's a tactic that's doomed to fail because anyone with half a brain knows Serbian nationalism is rotten to the core and has no redeeming qualities.

9. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Also refused to say Srebrenica was a genocide. And if someone who is seen as progressive and a "good guy" you would think he would say it is, like the rest of the world.

10. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    That's the ultimate scam: That people like Stanivukovic are seen and presented as progressives. The actual reality is that there isn't a single progressive Bosnian Serb in politics today.

11. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Pretty much any mainstream conservative party would welcome them. They would be ideological allies.

BIHfan repped this.
  12. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't know about Bosnia, but the word "progressive" has all but lost its meaning in the US once conservative right-wing democrats adopted the term and started to identify as "progressive". Imagine locking up migrant children in cages, helping Saudi Arabia commit genocide in Yemen and then calling yourself "progressive".

[​IMG]

13. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    This past weekend when I was over, I caught my dad standing in front of his TV with his arms crossed behind his back watching zadruga.

Some rapper with face tattoos was rapping what seemed to be Serbian trap music and my dad started to nod his head along to it. the man has totally lost it. :ROFLMAO:

He's 63 and pulls his pants over his belly button. this makes no sense

Zvornik repped this.
  14. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Conservative right-wing Democrats are hacks, they are actually Republicans in disguise who have hijacked the term 'progressive' to destroy the actual progressive cause.

15. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    There are some actual progressive Democrats in Congress but they are hard to find. The way political funding works in the US makes it hard for there to be true progressives in politics.

BIHfan repped this.
  16. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Yes there are some actual progressive Democrats but no more than 5. The ultimate joke is that Trump and the Republican Party aided and abetted by large portions of american mainstream media are actively presenting Joe Biden and Kamela Harris as communists and it's working.

Young Zmaj repped this.
  17. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Mustafa Nadarevic passed away :(

RIP legend

Young Zmaj, New Era and BIHfan repped this.
  18. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    2020 takes another, Maradona was so much more than just an incredible player, he transcended the sport with his character and cult of personality. Absolute legend and icon, RIP.

[​IMG]

Chesco United and New Era repped this.
  19. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    BosanskiRambo, Young Zmaj and New Era repped this.
  20. New Era

New Era Member

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Sep 9, 2020
    Sudžuka repped this.
  21. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ok guys you know I have some crazy ideas, well here is another one. Luka Graza currently playing basketball for IOWA in the NCAA in his senior year. We need to start a Lobbying Campaign to bring him to the Bosnian National team. His mother is Bosnian. He will more than likely not have a shot for the USA mens team since its a huge talent pool. This is just one headline this man is making noise and none of the Bosnian media outlets have reported anything on him in ever or even in his 4 years in college. Through three games the reigning Big Ten Player of the Year has scored 102 points, which marks the most by any D1 player over his first three games of a season since former Davidson star Stephen Curry totaled 106 points back in 2008-09.

22. Zvornik

Zvornik Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  23. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I thought he committed to playing for Bosnia a while ago, said he was looking forward to playing with Nurkic

24. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He said he’s been talking with the Savez for about a year working out papers and stuff or something. He may be able to play for us at Eurobasket.

25. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well I did not know. Wasnt there also another bosnian guy who played for like Texas A&M that didnt make it to the NBA. Could use his skill also, never know.