Juventus to B and -30 points

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by ArtemioD, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just saw this on the headlines of SKY TG24. Boy that is pretty bad but I guess it could have been worse.

2. small-axe

small-axe New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    with 126 points available (42 games in Serie B) there is no reason Juve shouldn't be back in A in a year. Atalanta won B with 81 points this year. Cesena was in the promotion playoffs w/66.

3. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh boy...-30 is alot to try and come back from. We really need some of our star players to stay aboard.

4. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just saw on SKy that they are taking the last two titles away also

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I don't see players staying if there is a possibility of being out of the CL for 3 seasons. It will be tough going to get promoted next season starting on minus 30. Players will be thinking of what they want to win in their careers, and I doubt Vieira and nedved with only 4 or so years left fancy spending the next two years at least with no chance of winning the CL. The younger players and the over 33's will probably stay to keep "Hero" status - the rest I would assume will start the biggest bidding transfer war we've seen in Europe for years.

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I agree Rick. Juventus have also been stripped of their last two titles I've not commented much on the whole scandal thus far and there isn't much point in doing so now. All I want to do is offer my apologies to the Juventus fans. They are the losers in all of this and none of it is their fault. The rest of this decade is going to be a hard period for Juventus and what it needs is the fans to continue with their support throughout all the problems. Good luck on getting back to Serie A.

7. cattivo20

cattivo20 Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    WOW........30 points.......I definitely want to see what evidence they have collected over the month or so to verdict the Juve should be in Seria B with a 30 point deduction to start the season...I am going to hold my opinion about if it was fair or not until I see or read all the evidence...Also, I do not think they should strip the trophies away since the past is the past...how can nayone go into the record books and have the past removed...even if they think about stipping them, it better not go to Milan..the trophies should just be stripped and not awarded to anyone...

8. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    30 fukin points. wow. i hope to god we can make that up and get back to seria a.
    do you guys know what happened to the rest of the teams?

9. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I agree that this isn't their fault, but as ANY travelling fan from any CL club who has visited Juventus in the past 6 or 7 years will say - the Italian fans who attend games at Juventus (please see I am not painting every Juve fan with the same brush) have been pretty horrific fans. Stabbings, urine thrown, beatings, muggings are usual happenings and it makes for a horrible trip. It's without doubt one of the worst grounds to go to in Europe - and I can safetly say I've been to more than most on these boards.

10. vanGobbel redded

vanGobbel redded Red Card

Jun 17, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Vieira to Barca?

11. small-axe

small-axe New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Maybe I'm overconfident but I think the door for a return to Serie A in one year is open. Obviously, they won't have the squad from this year, but not everyone is going to go. Even if it is veterans and young guys who remain, there is a lot of talent there AND a whole lot of resources ($$$). Incoming Marchionni, Bojinov, C. Zanetti added to whoever remains will still be formidable for a Serie B squad. It will probably take 70 points or so to get into the promotion playoffs. 126 available - 30 points = 96 points available to Juventus. They can drop 26 points and still have a shot at going back up.

In the end, I hope that they rethink their philosophy and start developing their own young talent instead of relying on others to do so, or overpaying for 30 year old talent. Hopefully, this situation will cause them to do this.

12. vanGobbel redded

vanGobbel redded Red Card

Jun 17, 2006
    Amsterdam
    Please use some common sense and realize in what kind of shithole Juventus are now.

After 10 straight victories, they would still be at 0 points.

You have any idea what that does with the players morale?? :rolleyes:

Add with that you have a relative unexperienced coach and it's clear its going to be nearly impossible for Juve to get back in A in one season.

13. Le Zebre

Le Zebre Member

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you don't think the players will be prepared for that? Before even going into this season they'll know what they have to do. It won't be easy but we'll see.

14. small-axe

small-axe New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Common sense you say...
    what you should realize grasshopper is that from the steamiest piles of shit grow the most beautiful flowers.

I don't think a team that had won 10 in a row would have morale problems. I would hope that a number of those players would look at it as opportunity to do something amazing....dare I say legendary.

As for Deschamps, besides being a former WC cup winner and brilliant CM... he has managed Monaco in Ligue 1 for 4 seasons and been to a CL final. He has as much experience as say Klinsmann :rolleyes:

15. ursulet

ursulet New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    i'm not sure deschamps is the right man for the job.

16. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I think the relegation to B doesn't hurt as much as that 30 point deficit does! A 30 point deficit pretty much means that 10 of Juve's wins in Serie B will only go toward making it to zero points!! Not an easy mountain for any team to climb if you ask me!

I also agree that most of Juve's big name players will be looking elsewhere for work this upcoming season. Guys like Trez, Ibra, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Buffon, Viera, and Emerson will likely be as good as gone. Only legendary players I can see remaining there are Del Piero and possibly Thuram, with the rest of the squad being made up of quality young talent like Chiellini, Balzaretti, and so forth.

Bet you now Juve regrets not bringing back Miccoli :p

17. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it sucks for the fans, but you can see where something like this would be necessary as a deterrent to future problems.

It sounds like they might have had a choice between Serie B and -30 points and Serie C, so I guess they made out in that respect.

18. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I got this possible lineup for this year out of Tuesday's La Gazzetta

Mirante
    Balzaretti
    Kovac
    Legrottaglie
    Chiellini
    Marchionni
    Giannichedda
    Zanetti
    Nedved
    Del Piero
    Palladino

19. small-axe

small-axe New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Looks good enough to win Serie B to me, especially with Bojinov coming off the bench

20. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Friends,

Another thing to consider is that Juve doesn't necessarily have to win the Serie B Championship, just be in the promotion zone. So they only need within 10 or so points of the winner. There were no stipulations that say they must be the B Champ, right? So that could cut them a bit of slack.

I can just see the fear in the eyes of the B teams when they see an angry Juve jog onto the field with something to prove. Woe to those teams who are mid pack and down!

21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Although I hope the appeal cuts down at least some of the points deduction (doubt it), I have to say I'm looking forward to following the team's fightback for the next couple of seasons. Honestly, there has not been that much adversity being a Juve fan for the last 12 years, and it will almost be refreshing to cheer for them to rebuild.

That said, what I'm saddest about is that they took away Ciro Ferrara's 7th Scudetto. :(

22. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Great point about the Cl for three years - none this year or next year even assuming back to A in the best case scenario.

if they start the season with 10 wins - that's 21/2 months into the season - they will have ZERO points. that's huge, too huge if by Christmas break they don't even have 10 points!! Meanwhile, the teams that aren't playing Juve will be racking up points.

And the avalanche of wins shouldn't be presumed. This is not going to be the same Juve team as last year, folks. This is suddenly a very difficult Serie B - Napoli, Lazio, La Viola, renewed Genoa, Bologna, a very, very tough Mantova side - La Vechhia puttana has her work cut out for her, and this is likely to be done without their best players - Zambrotta, Buffon, Cannavaro - likely leaving now, with Nedved, Thuram, Ibra likely gone themselves.

As a Toro fan, I love it, but would be very, very very impressed if they make it back to A next year.

23. Fair Play

Fair Play New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    Fort Worth, TX
    Hmm, the second post sounds intriguing as Juventus could run the table up to 96 points - if Buffon is willing to stay, isn't he?

24. RegginaFan1

RegginaFan1 New Member

Mar 4, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Sue,

Yeah, I agree. The scudetto removal bothers me the most. As a matter of fact, WHEN Juve is back in A and wins their 30th not counting penalities, I'd have the 3rd star outlined to say "Yeah, we won 30, but wouldn't fill in the 3rd star until we hit 32".

Cigar,

I think it will be neat to see Torino back in A. Hopefully they will give a an effort worthy of their legendary soccer name this time.

Fair Play,

Don't count on Buffon staying. He's a WC winner and is probably the best GK in the world. He's a hot property, especially after a cup. There will be lots of offers...