Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for September [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 Juve staff members tested positive for COVID today, they were not in contact with the players or training staff, but the team has gone into fiduciary isolation.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Napoli have not traveled to Turin. The local health authorities blocked them from leaving.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Game is probably going to be postponed at this point

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same local authorities that blocked Napoli from traveling to Turin have allowed Salernitana to travel to Verona, and they had a positive case.

Serie A rules clearly state that Napoli has enough players to play, but ADL is playing games here. He called his buddy, who he openly sponsored in the recent political campaign, and had Napoli prevented from leaving.

scirea6 repped this.
  5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha, nice move Juve. Now either Napoli shows up, or they forfeit the match with a 3-0 loss.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are reports now in Italy that Napoli have not been stopped by the local authorities, rather the club has decided not to make the trip.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serie A has confirmed that tomorrow’s game will go on as scheduled. If Napoli don’t show up, they forfeit the game.

8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm guessing some want to see the virus spread to their team as well. Maybe people don't understand what a pandemic is, and how this virus spreads? The same Serie A that forced Genoa to play with cases wants this game to go, and we all know how that turned out. Very intelligent decisions by the league so far :rolleyes:. Only a matter of time before it gets shut down with the way things are handled.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selfishly I want the game to proceed because it means an even longer break from watching Juve with the international break starting tomorrow. However, I would rather for the longevity of the league and health concerns to just postpone the game. Let them have their fully health team when we play so there isn't any excuses.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But what is in there for Napoli? Napoli are currently in form and Juve are struggling. It will take time for Pirlo to adjust. Any logical person would want to play Juve sooner rather than later. So why would ADL want this game postponed? I don’t get the logic.

There is no doubt Napoli are mismanaged and someone may have misunderstood technicalities. But as an enemy of ADL I cannot see why he would want to play games here.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serie A are following the rules set by UEFA. Positive players stay home and are not allowed to travel with the team. I believe Genoa confirmed the positive cases after their game. I don’t recall them announcing any positive tests before hand.

gumbacicc repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea what ADL is thinking, but this is the same guy that tested positive last month and still met with other team heads and never quarantined.

juveeer and gumbacicc repped this.
  13. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #138 tripwire, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    They announced Perin was Covid positive before the game, and travelled the morning of to Naples, instead of the day before. Game was allowed to go on. Whomever set the rules has absolutely zero idea how this virus spreads. Genoa now have a full outbreak, and it seems obvious it was spread during the game with Napoli. Cases can take from 3 to 7 days to show up positive, so allowing the games to go on is utter stupidity. Whomever test negative one day, can test positive the next, so you can very likely have positive players playing, just like the Genoa game.

Teams will continue to get infected under these current rules, and the league will get shut down eventually. NFL is going through the same scenario, but at least they are intelligent enough to postpone the games right away.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The guy is a nut case but he proved he did not know that at the time. Otherwise he will rightly be prosecuted.

But the question is simple. Why would Napoli not want to play now, on the back of a 2-0 and 6-0, when Juve is struggling? This is like Sarri and Allegris first season when Napoli were far ahead and Juve came back after Allegri managed to gel the team.

Every unlawful action has a motive and if you accuse someone that is part of proving your point. Why would ADL want to play later when Juve will only become stronger?

The question is genuine. I just don’t understand.

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Juve have four of six points and equalized last match down to men, despite not having a full strength squad. Juve are not "struggling". They are the defending champions almost a decade running. There are plenty of reasons why teams don't want to travel to Turin.

Setting that aside, the league and its members agreed on certain rules in light of the pandemic. Napoli are in violation if they do not travel and will rightfully forfeit the match. I'm so sick of jackasses like ADL pulling stunts like this. If the rules were not acceptable, why would he agree? Either they mean something or they don't. You cannot violate agreements when you don't perceive them to be in your best interest, at least not without consequence.

juveeer and Dante repped this.
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gumbacicc repped this.
  17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    again, I don’t know why ADL is doing this, but now it’s become clear that it’s not the local authorities doing it, but a club decision.

Do I think a game should be rescheduled if players from a team test positive, yes. But every team agreed to the current rules, either abide by them or don’t. I can’t fault Juve for doing what they’re doing, they’ve already sold 1000 tickets, they have everyone scheduled to work, etc. Don’t wait until the last minute to postpone the game.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well they claim it was local authorities. If not I see it as you do.

gumbacicc repped this.
  19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salernitana were allowed to leave, they played Chievo yesterday, and they have a player that has tested positive.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have seen that but the ruling was a day earlier. Napoli’s ruling apparently states they cannot leave but Juve claim Napoli pressured ASL.

21. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason that I can think that Napoli would not want to go on with the game is 2 starters (Insigne and Zielinski) being out with one of their first options on the bench Elmas also unable to play.

I think the game should be postponed because it is too good of a game to not see played. Players have been testing positive for the last few months and games have still played with the positive tests left off the squad and isolating with success. I just don't like ADL coming off that he is bigger than the league or even UEFA which Juve & Agnelli always gets shit for.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So the league is saying game on, they’ve received nothing from the local government preventing travel.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league is stating that they’ve received nothing from the local authorities preventing Napoli from leaving.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a little while ago the ASL in Naples released a letter stating that “in the name of public health, the proper conditions to travel to Turin were not there”.

So it’s safe to say that the game will no longer be played. Juve will be awarded the 3-0, but expect Napoli to appeal.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It would slightly weaken Napoli as against Juve in a 4231 Zielinski would not start in midfield next to Fabian.

Agree on the left Insigne and his back-up missing but Napoli can easily play Lozano or Mertens on that side.

It slightly weakens the team but Juve is also missing Dybala. I rather play Juve without him than with.