Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for October [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that busy of a month, games start back up next Saturday, but there are two Champions League games thrown into the mix

[​IMG]

usnroach repped this.
  2. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't have a lot of time to figure out what is going to work for the team before the Barca match.

3. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pirlo needs to be smart and start figuring out his squad and see what will work best.

4. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was put in a difficult situation by not getting a full preseason to try and see what may work and won't.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I hear Berna is going to be the new Zambrotta?

6. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will the team be ready for Barca? That’s my concern.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Barca has some attacking talent and I think the Dutchman will figure out how to put it all together.

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ronaldo is out with corona, doubt he'll be back by the CL match

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caught it while with the Portuguese National Team. Stupid international breaks.

10. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will be without Ronaldo and possibly Dybala Saturday. Luckily it is only Crotone. Dynamo Kyiv will be a bit more of a challenge if Dybala isn't back.

Ronaldo should be back in time for Barca. Guess that means Berna, Chiesa, and Kulusevski behind Morata on Saturday! :whistling:

11. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow, a tad suboptimal...

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo will return to Turin today and stay quarantined at his home. He needs to test negative 7 days prior to any CL game to be eligible to play in it.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McKennie tested positive for COVID-19, and he's been at practice all week. This has put the team into fiduciary isolation. Basically all the players stay at the J-Hotel and are only allowed to training, meals, etc with the team. They are not allowed to return home or have contact outside of the team.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/team-group-in-fiduciary-isolation

14. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo and McKennie out with COVID and Ramsey and Dybala possibly injured/internal issues going into Crotone and Dynamo Kiev. Time to make your money Mister. Should be able to get through these tests without those players. We still have about 160m worth of transfers between Arthur, Kulusevski, and Chiesa to work with.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Napoli were handed a 3-0 defeat and docked a point for not showing up last weekend.

IcEWoLF and gumbacicc repped this.
  16. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Good decision.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Napoli will certainly appeal the decision.

18. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On what grounds?

Did Napoli not fully follow protocol post players testing positive? Is that different To Ronaldo? Talking about rules, the Suarez bribing in university was also against rules and requires point deductions?

Did the ban really come on Sunday? If does the rule say you cannot travel on the day snd Napoli not traveling on Saturday was a violation?

Let’s see where it ends but none of this is great for the league. ADL to blame as well. Complete media blackout. The guy really needs to go.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The grounds that Napoli already canceled their flight on Friday and now it's come out that the ASL said that they recommend they not leave, but they were not prevented from leaving.

There are reports that Napoli didn't go into fiduciary quarantine, which is what's required, instead they allowed their players to go home. If those reports are true, then they broke protocols.

Yes because Ronaldo followed the federal protocols, he took an ambulance flight in, which is allowed, he went straight into quarantine at his home, which again according to Italian laws is allowed.

Except it's been made clear that Juve had already indicated that they were not going to sign him, Juve didn't arrange for the test to be had as well. It's well documented and was already handed over to any investigators.

The Serie A committee even said that Napoli was not prevented from travel, that Napoli cancelled their flights on Friday. The ASL released their notice about Napoli on that Sunday.

I agree, it's a black eye for the league, just another one. The league needs better protocols, or rather they need to better enforce the protocols.

usnroach, IcEWoLF and juveeer repped this.
  20. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Thank you Dante :thumbsup:

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it is irrelevant when Napoli cancelled their tickets. If the law allows them to travel on the same day as the game and if an actual ban came on that day then Napoli is not at fault. If no ban came on Sunday I agree with you.

Milan, Atalanta and others did neither. So even if they went to games should they not be penalized?

I take your word for it as I have not looked into the details.

I think if Napoli was never prevented then the point deduction is fair. If it was on Sunday and they were allowed under normal circumstances to travel on the day, then technically they did nothing wrong. No one can enforce travel arrangements on you.

I am still unclear whether Napoli is penalized for not following protocol or whether they did not travel despite no ban being in place.

Augsburg had two Covid infected players the same week. Messaged they would not go to the game. Opponents wished them good luck and game was postponed. Serie A for some reason cannot get basics right. The scenes with Juve at the stadium were embarrassing for everyone. Communication is poor too. No words from Napoli. Obviously if there is a loss and point deduction I will not follow this season anymore. These things more than anything cost the league as I will cancel my pay tv subscription.

22. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Still not convince about Pirlo. Napoli was a test for him but too bad, it was an award win.

Atalanta could be a test. I'm still not convince of Pirlo including in the CL.

Let see if he can 'actually' get a win against Atalanta. Or do one of the world best player CR7 have to bail our butt out again. If it weren't for Ronaldo 2 goals to tied it we already lost that game.

23. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow wth? Ronaldo is out for covid?

No ronaldo, no dybala? yeah ok, I will be the first to say, we will lost against Atalata. Still no faith in Pirlo.

yeah, and we not going to win Barca with no ronaldo and no dybala.

I say we get Allergi back. Never a fan of Pirlo (him as a coach I mean).

24. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I swear I would be so f-king mad if we crash out in the CL group stage and join Europa league.

25. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Tough night?