Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for November [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shameful time wasting from Benevento

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1, poor play and poor substitutes gets that for you.

Morata gets a red card from the ref after the whistle was blown.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This team is pretty bad

4. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    That was one of the most pathetic display I have ever witnessed.

Just embarrassing.

5. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I watched the entire game today, and I really thought we would go on and win after Morata's fine opener. I was afraid that we might lack leadership and intensity without Ronaldo on the pitch, and so it proved. It's quite clear that we have a creativity problem in the middle of the park. It's one of the reasons why Dybala is quickly becoming a pale shadow of his old self. In my view, he is much more effective whenever he plays close to the main striker. Morata looked isolated too many times today. I'd really like Paratici make a move for Isco in the January window. There's still a long way to go this season, but things need to change fast if we're going to win scudetto number 10 in a row. I don't want to use the excuse of short turnarounds between matches because clubs all over Europe are in the same boat. At the moment, this team simply cannot go into another gear when it needs to, and that has me very worried.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    There is far too much rotation for a team that isn't playing well. Start with the players who have been in good form: Morata, Ronaldo, Rabiot, Cuadrado, De Ligt, Danilo, Kulusevski....allow them to get a lead and then bring on the players with something to prove.

soji22 repped this.
  7. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I skipped today’s game because I slept a bit longer and had a date with a nice lady. I had a good time with her, but when I looked at the score after the date I knew this team is trash without Ronaldo in there and Dybala cannot carry a team.
    Anyways, I had a great date so my day was not bad.

usnroach and Dante repped this.
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We need to be more direct at times. Possession for possession's sake, without any penetration in the final third is not getting it done.

For once I agreed with the Brit announcer. Get some bodies in the box and get the ball in there.

Dybala has become more of a link up player as opposed to a second striker. When he is back picking up balls Moratta is isolated up front. Ramsey tried to fill the gap but (a) his finishing has ben horrendous for us (it was much better in the Prem), and (b) his undisciplined play leaves the shape of the team unbalanced.

We need another striker for when Ronaldo is not available. Then Dybala can play between the lines where he is most effective. unfortunately he is a better supplier of balls than any of our MFs!

Our roster still needs a lot of work.

10. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we lack creativity in midfield. Shouldn't that mean we need to play quickly and direct? There are other teams who don't have much in the way of midfield creativity but create chances by becoming more direct and that is ok. If direct play leads to a turnover, work hard to try and win it back quickly and get vertical again. We have those types of players in spades. When we have been at our best this season it is playing quick, vertical, direct movements.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    There are some reports that the players are confused by Pirlo and that hes quiet and doesn't discuss tactics with the team. Also a few reports that Ronaldo picks when he plays.

So whos in charge Pirlo?

12. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I think it is Italy smelling blood in the water when it comes to everyones enemy losing their first scudetto. I don't think there is anything more than that. Ronaldo absolutely has a say when he wants a rest, this was already discussed in past seasons. The other thing about Pirlo being quiet isn't out of the ordinary either, he was always a pretty calm and quiet type of player with others being the more vocal around him.

Just seems like journalists throwing poop against the wall.

13. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    And what's plan "B" if it's a draw like Saturday? Leave the best team on until they exhaust themselves? There's a packed schedule coming.

14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You don't get that luxury of thinking about tomorrow when you can't beat minnows with your scrubs. Capello used to use the same formation/players all the time.

15. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Not being able to look ahead is a clear sign of desperation. In the service my short term plan was making it to dinner that day and my long term plan was breakfast the following day.

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Morata has been suspended for 2 matches due to his red against Benevento

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This side has only won four of 9 Serie A games, dropping points against minnows on multiple occasions. We also got blasted by Barcelona at home. How long do you wait until you start to show a sense of urgency?

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ridiculous.

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    The league really wants someone else to win it this year.

20. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    There was a time when the league wouldn't let them lose, now perhaps the opposite is true.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC