Juventus 20/21 Serie A Season Thread for May [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Apr 30, 2021.

1. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri would disagree. Pretty sure he did the same his last year at Juventus.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, he didn't

gumbacicc repped this.
  3. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't find where I saw the information I am referencing and will admit that I must be mistaken.

apologies.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No worries, he certainly rotated a lot in his final season, but nowhere near what Pirlo did this year. Pirlo actually set a record.

5. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Stand tall knowing that you are the only one to win the back to back. Admitting you may be wrong, and offering an apology

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    When it came the key matches every year, we knew who Allegri's best XI were. That was never the case with Pirlo.

This is coming from the guy who perhaps was the most critical of anyone here of Allegri and also a guy that adores Pirlo, the player, as an Italian footballing legend. There are no signs to suggest that he is a good manager. He took the most talented side in Italy, by far, to within a whisker of failing to make top four, and was bounced by Porto in CL. The results speak for themselves.

juventino13 repped this.
  7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He was Tinker Man Part Deux.

gumbacicc repped this.
  8. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That isn't exactly fair. If the most talented team always one, silverware would be won in the boardroom and not on the field.

Do I think Juve under performed? Very much so, we also didn't have much of an identity to fall back on either.

With that said, either commit towards the "modernization" with Pirlo or bring in a pragmatist that wins like Allegri or Zidane.

The way Juve operates means a pragmatist in charge of the squad. We are always looking for market opportunities, not exactly what the coach needs, so Allegri or Zidane should be priority.

juveeer repped this.
  9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You're agreeing that he underperformed so what are we debating? The most talented team doesn't always win, but they should do a hell of a lot better than barely scraping into CL and getting knocked out of that same competition by minnows. Sarri, as poor as he was, won us the league.

We agree that our board shoulders much of the blame. Paratici paid the price for that. I think Pirlo should follow suit.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Here comes the return of Antonio Conte!

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    lol, how many bridges has he burned?

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No chance, Agnelli hates him. Anyway, the mutual termination agreement states Conte can't coach another team in Italy this year.

IcEWoLF and Dante repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He couldn't come anyway for at least a year under his termination with Shinter.

14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Not while Agnelli is president. They despise each other. In the future, after Andrea's tenure is over, it's conceivable, but not before.

Tifoso and Dante repped this.