Juventus 19/20 Serie A Season Thread for September [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Sep 3, 2019.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  2. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Matuidi and Cuadrado as full backs. I cant say I am terribly surprised, but that is laughable. Defence of Bonucci, Ligt, Matuidi and Cuadrado, what could go wrong? :D

I distinctly remember Sarri complaining that he wrongly put Cuadrado upfront when he trained as right back for two months. And now, without any sensible preparation, he is going to put Matuidi in a position he never played before? Ok then.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Yea, so difficult to consider using a formation that has been used many, many, many times over the past 8 years for this team. We have no fullbacks and this moron wants to shoehorn in a guy who has never played LB

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Well, look at the bright side. At least that means it gets Matuidi out of the midfield.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FFS

6. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Sarri has a huge task in front of him when our goal is to win everything, mainly Champions league. The display of the team was unconvincing so far, his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. I can see some improvement in offensive moves comparing to Allegri, but that is about all. Defensively we are more vulnerable. Rotation can be a problem when games start to mount up in March and beyond. So far I don't see what our management sees in him.

Now everything is fine, because we are winning, but couple of losses and I can see it all fall apart.

7. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
  8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Brescia has been given a suspended stand closure for one game after their fans abused Pjanic. The ban is suspended for one year, in the event their supporters are found guilty of more abuse.

And yet, Atalanta, Cagliari and Verona get nothing. The FIGC is truly ran by idiots.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    he is now the worst free kick taker in Serie A, he has had 18 free kick attempts and converted none of them since joining Juventus. He has taken 24 fk attempts in the CL and converted none of them, 15 of those shots hit the wall.

Micro Analytics like used in baseball should really be applied to Soccer, far too often players are bought based off stat lines and then its wondered why they are not showing the same form at the new club.

Ronaldos decline in free kick goals was already a thing at Madrid, he scored a lot of goals, but that is because the entire teams tactics was built for him. He had Benzemas whose main role was to not score, but to eat up space, make runs to open up new lanes... he had Marcelo who was a very good fullback that could bring the ball into the final third and play good service balls as well as play good long balls out the back into open space. Then there was the best all around midfielder in the world Modric playing good balls forward. Asensio was a very quick and talented midfielder who could shoot, pass, and dribble. Opposing teams had to respect these guys and this allowed Ronaldo more freedom.

Juve dont have any of that, tho Kroos is very over rated and he is very comparable to Khedira... if they wore disguises, it would be hard to tell who is who.

Juves buildup play is slow, not very dyamic. This gives opposing teams plenty of time to get back and stack their box, which makes Ronaldo have to beat two men if he wants to get in position to take a close range shot.

Ronaldos penchant for header shots is minimized because neither full back can play accurate crosses into the box, by the time Juan or Sandro get in position to play that cross, the whole back line is in the box... eliminating the likelyhood that Ronaldo converts it.

but no one cares about any of that.... its all just Ronaldo good! or Ronaldo bad!

this is the front offices fault for ignoring the fullback positions and midfielder voids... Instead thinking that this guy can possibly get better at this! or lets buy a cheap but with potential guy. millions of dollars were spent for CR, GH and MDL at a time when Juves midfielders who got them to CL finals were gone...

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

So does that mean Beruatto will be called up? He's an U23 player and plays as LB

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors that Buffon will start, Matuidi as LB and Dybala over Higuain with Ramsey behind him and Ronaldo

13. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    He is actually pretty well suited for that role, he does not have the acceleration he used to which is required to be an effective box to box midfielder. He also is very rigid on the ball and long winded in delivery on his passing...

He is very physical which will allow him good jockeying for the ball when defending, he also knows how to get in front of a guy without fouling and pushing a dribbler out to the touch line.

Playing left back, He may look like Marcelo at Real, at worse it will look like Giorgio when he played left back.

I see him playing a lot of short passes forward to Pjanic, maybe a long ball down the left wing to Ronaldo, and safety passes to centerback.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  15. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    I don't know whose point you tried to prove/disprove, but all in all decent analysis of Ronaldo's play.

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We got to those CL Finals and lost both times because we were outclassed by teams with better attacks....and one time specifically a Ronaldo-led team. I'm sorry but I have yet to be shown how Ronaldo was a bad investment. The profile of the club significantly improved since his arrival and he, along with Chiello, were our two best players last season.

If you want to be critical of management for not adequately addressing the midfield, solidifying the fullback spot, or hiring a manager that was worse than the guy who you already had (who was nothing special) I get it. But Ronaldo is not the move to critique.

phat, juveeer and Dante repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Agreed, but.......he should NOT be taking free kicks.

gumbacicc repped this.
  18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine QF or Semis of CL and we get forced to use a Matuidi at LB....i can see a Salah or Mane shredding us to pieces

Most important move of the winter needs to be a proper LB back up....none of that well this guy played that position once in a training session 8yrs ago. We shouldnt have to even depend on a De Sciglio and Danilo playing there.

19. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    So we are really going to roll with Cuadrado and Matuidi as full backs, wow. Rugani and Can on the bench, it is end of september and they haven't played yet. It ia gonna do wonders for the team morale.

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY