Just started

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by djwalker, Dec 2, 2004.

1. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is either going to turn into a huge obsession, or I'll get frustrated in about two months and quit.

I'm hoping it's the former. Because I don't have enough obsessions in my life, ya know?

I'm up for a friendly, just to see how it goes, if anyone's interested.

Real FC Edmond City United (8698)

2. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give you a little light reading material (my newbie guide).

Also, we'll be happy to help with any questions you might have in the questions thread (part 2), you should also read through part 1 if you get a chance.

3. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI
    Welcome to your new obsession.

Just keep your expectations resonable and aim for incremental gains. If you expect to start dominating right away you will get frustrated, but if you focus on the long-term you'll find yourself cherishing each little skill pop, hard fought tie and prudent purchase as a step on that (long, long) road.

4. MKUltra5

MKUltra5 New Member

May 24, 2004
    OKC
    Good to see another Okie joining the insanity/obsession that is HT
    As Craig P stated, the newbie guide is a must read
    Hope to see you in a friendly soon (preferably at the newly renovated MLS-Edmond City Arena aka Wantland)
    MLS in OKC baby
    (We need a team to knock all the Wiz and DCU fans on this board down a peg) :D

5. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Yeah since you just started in V halfway through the season you'll probably get thrashed more often than not so don't think too much of it. Just get your training set up and maybe a stadium expansion and you'll be set to be competitive next season in VI.

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    DON'T GET FRUSTRATED! Get your training set up ASAP, at least switch your training to stamina RIGHT NOW (before today's update).

Don't expect to win any games this year. You're only game that is really winnable is Week 12 home against Knucles. I would PIC every game until then, and MOTS that one. When the season is over you'll relegate to DVI, which is just the way it is. You're starting almost exactly like I did 1 season ago, and look at me...I'm awesome.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, and Yes, both will happen, or at least happened for me, except the quitting thing. I was and am greatly obsessed with it, but it is also frustrating at times, sometimes I feel like I wanna get in the game and play myself.:D

8. puddleduck

puddleduck Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Providence, RI
    He really is, although I miss his old avatar.

It could be worse too ... you could have started like I did: Taking over a team in Div 5 that already had so many points that it was mathematically impossible for me to relegate, giving me a full season and a half of getting my butt pounded on.

Of course I've been wearing the padded underoos Danks gave me and I have a very slight chance of actually staying up this season, but even if I do squeek into a relegation qualifier spot I'll probably emulate Stoogy and drop down anyway.

Hattrick rewards winning over league position so you are often better off winning in a lower league than you would be struggling in a higher one.

9. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    How's it coming so far? Have you settled in on a training program?