Just Some Ajax News

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by astabooty, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

dude it takes more than two wingers to compete in eredivisie, amstel and champions league

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

yes there are... but karadeniz just signed a new deal with trabzonspor

3. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    In the Champions League Koeman usually plays 4-4-2, and you don't need two exceptionally good wingers for both flanks. Afterall in the 2002-2003 season Pienaar played on the RW position most of the time, but he acted more like a shadow-striker/playmaker who had the freedom to drift inside.
    And Beasley?? hahaha, you gotta be kidding dude, that's more Stoke City material. Don't insult Ajax like that again.

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

1-any team in europe needs depth - injuries happen, red cards happen, guys go into slumps

2-how much worse could buying beasley for 2M be than buying sikora and soetars for 7M?

AJAX had beasley all but signed, then suddenly switched to sikora when fulham dropped out

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    I must have missed something. I don't remember anything from the Summer of 02 bout Ajax signing some American amateur. Probably wouldv'e been WC hype anyway. Look at Song, Park, and Lee. Don't think this Beasley dude wouldn't have been crap and crap in the Dutch league and further up.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

well you must have then - btw, DMB was not an amateur at the time - he played for the same team he does now, chicago

and geez dude, what 3 south koreans have to do with beasley is beyond me

EDIT: ironically, psv are now trying to sign him to replace robben

8. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    Those koreans were all hyped up during the WC, everyone had this perception that these players could actually play footy, but once in Holland, they couldn't outplay a Bot or Bakens, at least, not Park and Lee, and Song looked liked he never touched a football in his life. I see no reason why it's different with the Americans. Theyv'e been even ********ter in WC's compared to South Korea prior to the fluke of 02, so why should we suddenly think this amateur from the Chicago amateurs can replace a wonderkid like Robben??? Could be a long list of (American/South Korean?) mis-buys in the wake of Arnesen's departure.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

you must be upside down because everything that comes out of your mouth is a fart

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after seeing rommedahl yesterday i htink i changed my mind. especially knowing he has run a 10.2 100m. and god damn the play he got cannavaro a yellow card, he almost looked as fast as me!!!

11. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    LOL, that's 10.2 seconds, not minutes.

12. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I think we've now found the one Dutch fan that did not watch the recent Holland - US friendly.

13. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Alrighty Galva, you've clearly established that you can rip on players. Would you care to enlighten us with what players you'd rather see than Rom or Bease?

14. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol i know, i run it in 10.09seconds plus a couple of seconds :D

15. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    I did watch it, though I almost fell asleep. Holland didn't want to play their best, while the US did their best, which is purely crap by normal standards really. I fully agreed with a number of journalists/columnists in Holland who described the majority of the the US team as "Gouden Gids" level. That is, the level of the Dutch 2nd division. It was so obvious. Just look at your star player from the last World Cup, Donovan, this reject couldn't even cut it with Leverkussen. What makes you think Beasley stands any chance with Ajax or PSV? keep dreaming dude

16. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    If Donovan was such a piece of crap why does he win championships and finishes his goals. He has been linked to just about every EPL team and could give a hoot about what you think. If Bayer thinks he sucks why didn't they let him out of his contract? If you got to see him live like I do every week you wouldn't come across as such an idiot.

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to be quite honest he wins those championships in a sub-par league and he is not a very good finisher at all.
    doesnt the epl have 20 teams or so? iirc he was only linked to pompey, wolves and maybe 1-2 other lower table teams. but if in your opinion 4 out of 20 is almost every, then so be it.
    if bayer thought he was so good why wouldnt they have called him back during their terrible season? they have continued to renew his contract because they paid for him and why would they want to lose out on a couple/few million dollars???

anyway galvatron, holland has been sh¡t, but beasley did play well agains them in the friendly. the thing about beasley right now is he is a sikora type player. tons of running, not a whole lot of technique, and cant cross. he has been improving tons every yr tho and i hope he goes to a good team.

18. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    First Galva, you've clearly established that you can rip on players. Would you care to enlighten us with what players you'd rather see than Rom or Bease? Or are you capable of being nothing more than a grumpy old man who's one talent in life is berating people?

As for that game, if the US is SOOOOO 2nd division, then why didn't Holland walk all over them? Holland was at home and did have many stars. Heck, just look at the gap in the 1st division between the top clubs and the recently promoted clubs. Even a Holland team composed of domestically based players should've been able to easily beat the US if they were so horrible. Or could it be that you're being just as ridiculous as those that think some young pup like LD is going to cure cancer?

Beasely is a good player with loads of speed, ability to track back, tough despite his slight frame, some sweet bling, and still only 22. Will he be like Sikora and not quite pan out? Maybe. Maybe not. The potential is there.

19. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    umm maybe you havent seen or heard about the dutch team lately. losing to belgium, an ireland team missing some key players, winning 4-0 i think to faroe islands but still not playing well, playing like crap against germany???

20. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    U clearly didn't catch my drift before, surprise surprise.
    Most of the Dutch players were going through crucial periods in their leagues and european leagues, and since this was a meaningless cames against a bunch of amatuers very few players were interested in giving more than 20-30%. Robben was an exception, 1) he's always lively, 2) with Ajax virtually champions, PSV had not too much to play for, so Robben could actually live up to this game.
    Funny thing is though, if the US drew, they wouldv'e sky-rocketed in the rankings again, though when it really matter - such as a World Cup, 9/10 times they totally crap. Proves again how little sense these pathetic rankings
    make.

So Beasley has the potential of Sikora? youv'e just justified why Ajax shouldn't get this over-rated wannabe.

21. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol i have been on your side so far, but dont take my words out of context.

i said he is a sikora type player right now, i actually think he is better, but he relies on athleticism and his skills arent good enough yet.

22. cesario

cesario New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    el paso,tx usa
    This being my first post, I wanted to say thanks to Ajax for all they have given the football world. I will be in Amsterdam in early Oct, and would appreciate any help in getting into the holy grounds of the arena.

23. Galvatron

Galvatron Red Card

May 18, 2004
    Okay, a talent he may be then, but I can hardly imagine him being better than de Ridder for example, who grew up in the Ajax system. So should Beasley come, perhaps he'd be suited to Ajax 2 in the intitial stages.

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

here is a good page to explain tickets

http://www.ajax-usa.com/tickets/index.html

they also give a nice tour of the ArenA during the weekdays