Just Some Ajax News

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by astabooty, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As long as she doesn't LOOK like your dad, all is well ;)

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Does his dad have a hunchback, a wooden leg and one eye?

3. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Not that I have seen, but my dad still has no respect for VdV so you are at least a bit different.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I'm guessing you've never been paid a lot of money to do a job you didn't enjoy.
    And I'm not talking about my time with Michael Jackson.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You start playing football because you enjoy playing football. It must feel like winning the bloody lottery to discover you can actually earn a good living with it. Again footballers have no right to complain.

6. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Except that being a football at a place like Ajax, you are ALWAYS under the microscope. That couldn't always be fun, could it? Don't you see how if the team is struggling that the players might seem to not be too happy all the time?

7. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Fight the power Johan.

It's like Johan Neeskens on BigSoccer :D

8. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Don't know if you have heard already, but Hiddink is looking at Pienaar to replace v Bommel after this season. His other two targets are Vayrynen from Heerenveen and Cziommer from Twente.

9. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  10. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    fvck! I wanted to watch this one in the bar......What good is that stupid roof if matches still have to be postponed because of it????

11. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I see your guyses game got postponed as well. How much snow do you have up your way?

12. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's so pretty, though. ;)

13. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's not as bad in the city as it was outside, where they had 50 cm. of snow. But still a good 15 cm, and it's snowing again now...
    And since it's the last season in our old stadium, we didn't have to install pitch heating. So even after removing the snow, the pitch would still be icy

14. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Damn. That might have given you all a chance to win!

15. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    heheh....true.

Just a little frustration. I was actually for once happy with stadiums having a roof.....

16. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's what I was thinking. If there's any chance of dealing PSV a blow it would be under these circumstances.....

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

no foolin'

i also kinda figured we might come out very inspired today with the passing of michels

18. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yup, and since AZ would do so too, I really had the feeling this could become a real 'barn burner'

19. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

bertje posted this in the inter forum. i wouldnt want vdm only because of rosales, de ridder, and de mul, but davids sounds like sex! :D

20. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    And I was just about to post it here, but my little sister needed some help switching on the tv.

I would love to see Davids come back, just what we need to make VdV shine another year ad then San Marco can use those two in the Oranje squad in the same

No need for van der Meyde though, I think de Ridder is better and Rosales too, even though Rosales needs to work on his crosses before I think he is better then van der Meyde. Van der Meyde is just too inconsistant for Ajax.

Ajax is better off playing both Rosales and de Ridder on the left and right wing and letting them switch during the match. Then we have a fast winger, and a more technical winger. We could do the same as Hiddink does at PSV with Beasley and Farfan. Bah to do samething the same as PSV:p.

I just don't think van der Meyde would be an improvement right now, plus he would be very hard to get good money for.

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    apparently AJAX are going to discuss the coaching job with blind tomorrow

22. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    I'm still hoping for Ten Cate, to me he seems like the best option. Blind is not experianced enough and right now we need someone we know is gonna be ready for the job. And not somebody who hasn't proven anything yet.

23. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    I agree wholeheartedly. To be honest, I think that it's great that the club is committed to letting former greats continue their greatness as coaches, but they have to be ready.

Danny Blind, IMO is absolutely not ready to take the reins as coach of the first team - I fear that it could be Koeman all over again. Let Danny mature with the youth squad before coming and taking the reins of the first squad; let him build a relationship with the young guys and make them 'his' - as they mature and join the senior squad, only then should he become coach of the first squad.

For the mean while, a disciplinarian, experienced coach would be the ideal candidate for the spot - Ten Cate? Maybe. Van Hanegem? Maybe, but probably too tainted by being a former Feyenoord coach. Laudrup? I dont know what his coaching style is like - to be honest with you, I never thought of him as particularly outstanding as a player, or as an outstanding leader - but he could be a good coach. In any case, he would only last for a couple of years, and by then Danny's boys will be in the first squad and he can take over at that point...

anyway, I'm done rambling for the night...

QED
    :)

24. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    by the way, what happened to Aad de Mos? Is he still coaching somewhere?

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Blind seems pretty much certain for now. Apparently it's even in his contract that his next job with Ajax is first coach, it's just not detailed when exactly. Is this true? If so, another 'genius' move by the powers that be at Ajax.