Just Plain Awful (r)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Richter Boy, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    That about sums up the quakes play last night.
    Corrales was embarassing. Conrad just made the dumbest tackles at the worst times. Lagos ran around like a chicken with his head cut-off- he made a few good runs that produced nothing. L-Do looked disinterested at best. Graz couldn't finish if the goal mouth was empty.

On a good note, our own Goodsport once again hogged TV time and was featured prominentmy before the game at halftime. My girlfriend asked me how someone that old managed to drag themselves to the game.

2. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad, bad game. Hopefully, they didn't care about the results of the game and therefore didn't try too hard.

I don't think Frank cares much about the US Open...

3. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I don't Frank cares either.

Sean

4. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops...Edited previous post.

5. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If he didn't care, why did he start his A team except Cannon? It would have been a good chance to give the kids some decent time, and the result could hardly have been worse.

But it really helped this board. As I have always said, a winning team makes for a terrible forum.

6. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than the Joe, Richard, Ariel, and Landon, they hadn't played in a week and half. Although they needed the rest, three weeks without a semi-competitive game is too long...

Since they seemed to sit back and not do a lot of attacking as a team, plus several players seemed to be playing at half speed, one of the conclusions could be that the team wasn't into the game. By setting the team strategy, Frank gave the appearance of being less concerned with the outcome of the game. Of course, I could be wrong...

7. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Private nurse and a refridgerator dolly. :D

8. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. Frank started the "A" team minus Cannon, that seems like a team strategy the same as always, to win. He may have felt a little less pressure since it wasn't a league game but I saw no indications that he didn't care about the result.

9. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Yeah, they looked like dookey on a stick, the midfield was nowhere to be found, and for some reason, why the ************ could we not exploit that crap ass long ball team with our speed against their slow ass defense, they killed me, they gave that game away, no intensity, , no talking, no showing for the ball, no creativity,no possesion, no nothing, they looked like the Clash!

And, LA isn't even that good, I rate them with the Revs!

10. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't underestimate the galaxitives, they are one of the better teams in the league and will make their own run at the cup this year.

11. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

It killed me a couple of times to see Russell make runs away from the ball with only Cienfuegos on him.....Get him the ball! Our fastest vs their slowest....use your heads boys.

12. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Russsell was ineffective, he touched the ball 4 times last night, he looked like he didn't wanna be out there, DeRo should of came on sooner.

Tell me, how the hell does slow ass Cienfuego take the ball from you?

13. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

When his only move is to his right, it's easy to pin him to the sideline.......notice how many times DeRo turned the ball inside successfully inside of 15 minutes....Russell NEVER does that, you gotta mix it up.

14. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Russel has a very bad 1st, 2nd, and 3rd touch.

15. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

If he gets to that 4th touch though, it's a doozy! :D

16. tink17217

tink17217 New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    THIS IS WHY WE NEED EDDIE ROBINSON!!! WE WOULDN'T HAVE LOST IF HE GOT TO PLAY!

17. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    He has improved, but I tink that is a little extreme.

Sean

18. modpappy

modpappy New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    well Eddie got himself ejected in the previous game--how exactly do you get to play in the next game if you're red-carded---oh wait, you have to be Diego F'inng Serna...

19. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    Ritilan