Just me? I really do not care much who wins.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Bruce S, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    2-0 never gets old.

2. rochester rhinos

rochester rhinos New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    under a pipal tree
    Im not sure you would like to read all of the mexican posts on here if the finally win.So while yes it does get old playing almost every year but its our biggest rival.While Norway Sweeden Spain and Poland are exciting games I wouldnt be quite as excited.For any US fan who dosent care if we lose you obviously dont know how bad the want to break the streak, because your basically saying you dont care if mexicans run rampant on our boards...wait the already do that

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I care, just as Ohio State fans are giddy every time they beat Michigan.

So Ohio State will probably lose the bowl game, that's a different issue. It's still great to beat Michigan.

Or, what Father Ted says. And his name reminds me ... watching Notre Dame lose never, ever gets old.

4. thfcnyc

thfcnyc Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Noo Yawk Siddy
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My interest is beginning to wane.

Seriously, can we play a match in Mexico one in a while? A game at the Azteca will give our boys the ultimate test.

5. rochester rhinos

rochester rhinos New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    under a pipal tree
    That will only happen in qualifiers because Dollars are worth more than Pesos especially in Mexico.;)

6. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had one scheduled but it got canceled over television rights conflicts.

7. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Thanks Jamie Trecker (see his article this week).

The only thing that matters in the global scheme of things is preparing for World Cup qualifying. As a result, the US-Mexico match is a fantastic game to schedule in preparation for qualifying. The intensity, the crowd and the physicality of the match will all mirror a qualifying match and not just a friendly. Sure playing in Mexico would be nice, but both nations are whores for money right now and 70K in Houston is hard to pass up.

Would I like more games in Europe? Of Course, but don't discount this game, it's importance financially, it's intensity and physicality. It is a good gauge of where we are in terms of qualifying.

8. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    a good performance too me is a win, if mexico beats us we will never here the end of it even if its a tie. are world cup 06 was not all that bad, we should of beat italy if it wasnt for a bogus call on beasley's goal! or did you forget about that?? if mexico was in are group they would have suffered the same fait, just how we would of gotton out of the group stage in there group(most likely of course).

9. Silamanagic

Silamanagic Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Feb 23, 2007
    This game should matter a hell of a lot to all Americans. I'm old enough to remember all the times mexico beat us in the 80's-90's. It was so frustrating and insulting the way they would strut like it was their GOD given right to beat us. Those times were not that long ago. And besides us being on a good streak as of late, not much has changed. They still smack talk and trivialize our encounters.

Have you forgotten about mesican goal keeper sanchez sanchez's absolutely absurd and unprofessional attempt to take Eddie Johnson out at the ankles after Landon Donovan scored on him?!? That was in the February "Friendly" match. Ha, friendly, that's a laugh.

All red blooded Americans should be fired up EVERY time our boys lace up their boots because you better believe the mesicans are! And they are coming to here win! In OUR back yard!

10. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    exactly!