Just got the new predator mania, and they seem to be to tight.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Sakino, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    I havnt bought soccer shoes in 3 years, just bought these online. I got a size 10, they said they would stretch. I normally wear size 11, but those are quite big. So how long before I see stretching? How snug are these supposed to be?

2. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    wear them in the shoewr to mold them to your feat... thats the recomended way of doing things

3. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    I wear my boots very snug..with my toes right at the end of the shoe itself. Either wear them in the shower or go out and play around in them and the sweat from you feet will moisten the inside of the boot up and heat the leather up a bit and they'll give some.

4. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    So if my feet are snug up front, i could wear them in the shower to loosen them up? Make it a little more comfortable. See I dont want to screw them up, because i might want to send them back

5. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    ah...yeah, didnt think about that. so you said a 10 was tight and an 11 was too big...then why not try a 10.5?

6. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    To late. I compared them to my old shoes, and they seemed larger? Maybe I should just give them time to break in. I put water on them, and ran around for awhile. We will see..

7. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    its better when cleats are tight(I think). You have a better feel for the ball. They may stretch a little bit, which is normal...but they will always be real snug(thats how all predators are)....

8. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    I see, I had some old umbro's and they were a smaller size when I compaired them to the predators. I will just work on stretching them out.

9. Rsherwin

Rsherwin New Member

Jun 16, 2001
    My old predators are a sz 10.5 and are kinda big...my new manias are sz 10.5 and snug...the mania's run small....i.e. get a bigger size (1/2 sz up)

10. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Yeah I called, and am going to return them. Hopefully they will take them. If not I will sell someone predatormania's size 10 for a good price.

11. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    how good? lol

12. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    What you willing to pay, Im mailing them out ups tomorrow. If they send them back and say they wont take them I will probably cut ya a deal.

13. vivekphs

vivekphs New Member

Jan 7, 2001
    i might be interested

If they won't take back those predators, I might want to buy them from you for a good price. Just e-mail me at vivekphs@hotmail.com if they won't take them back. And this goes out to anyone else who has some size 10 cleats they need to unload.

14. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    i have a pair of german copa mundials i purchased about about 3 months ago from bigtoe.com, i wore them once and they were too big for me.

so i went down a size to a 9 (i usually wear a 10 in *normal shoes*) and they fit perfectly once i wore them a few times and the molded to my foot.

bigtoe.com couldnt take the shoes back b/c i had worn them one time. i had cleaned them up and everything, swear it doesnt even look like they were worn.

15. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    I will know tomorrow if they are sending them back to me. I will give you an email when they call me if that is the case.

16. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    How much water etc do you put on?

Soak them in a basin of warm water for 20 minutes, then wear them for 20 minutes with the same socks you'd wear for practice/games.

Also but Dubbin on it to stretch it some more.

17. Grationi

Grationi New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Reading/Notts (UK)
    Hey guys,

Never heard of soaking boots in water, or buying a size too small in adidas. Personally i need boots to fit like any other shoes, and adidas are known for measuring small in all their shoes, not just football boots/cleats. I'm a 10 and my adidas world cups are 11, cos i couldn't even get my foot into a 10. As for predators i needed a 10.5 and even they were a tad small, but have moulded to my feet :) If they're only a little tight then they will give, and mould to your feet...