Just Call Me Bobby DVD

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Phoenix13, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Phoenix13

Phoenix13 Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Hoping I can get some help here. I'm looking for the DVD 'Just Call Me Bobby' with Region 1 coding for the U.S.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It was never and probably never will be released in region 1.

Sorry.

You can get it on VHS from Amazon.co.uk if thats any good.

3. Phoenix13

Phoenix13 Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll take a chance and order it on Region 2 and see if it will play on my PC.

Thanks again.

4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    The PC option may work if your DVD player software lets you change regions (new Macs do, but you're limited to 5-6 changes before it's permanently set). VHS is a bigger problem as you'll need a PAL converter and standalone converters aren't cheap.

A better option is to get a region-free DVD player with a built-in PAL/NTSC converter. I've seen these players as cheap as $40 at Chinese video stores. You can also buy a player via mail order. I bought my player (a Malata 520, now discontinued but an excellent player) from HK Flix, which is a very reputable dealer. Here's a link to the hardware they sell, including a good player for only $60:

HK Flix

This opens up the entire world as your DVD store, and you'll also be able to watch things like the Newcastle History, 501 Goals, Best FA Cup Goals DVDs (which are region-free but PAL), plus movies from the UK, Germany, France, Russia, Hong Kong or wherever.

5. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    Hello Bobby DVD :)

Will the Mod's not let you change your name officially? C'mon Toon², it's Christmas ;)