Just bought season tickets

Discussion in 'Raging Bull Nation' started by adiamas, Feb 20, 2007.

1. adiamas

adiamas Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Nanuet, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Howdy all,

New poster here. I just bought season tickets and then realized that Raging Bull Nation has it's own section. I'm not sure how one would go about joining your section, but I'm looking forward to the up coming season and would love to get involved with any pre/post game festivities.

So how does one go about joining up/becoming a Raging Bull?

Rob

2. The5thOfficial

The5thOfficial New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    Hey Rob, WELCOME!!!!

You should call back the RB Ticket Office (I'm guessing you spoke to Tim or Rich) and let them know you want the RagingBullNation special. Special section, special price. :)

It'll be great to have all the new faces this next season.

best,
    aj (executive director elect)

3. adiamas

adiamas Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Nanuet, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks AJ!

I have an email into my rep (Remy Cherin) to find out details. I may hold onto my seat and join everyone before/after games. (I managed to swing 1st row.. so that's tough to let go of).

I'll let you know when I have details.

Rob

4. The5thOfficial

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    Yes, front row is hard to come by, but we DO have a great deal of fun in our section and where it is located, many of the seats have great views of the pitch.

I sit in the second row. I do wish I had a front row seat, but I have such a great time with all the RBN Nationals, it often outweighs other things.

Nonetheless, whatever you decide, you are more than welcome to join us in Lot 15, just outside the South Tower entrance, before each game. We are usually there 4 hours before each game (depends on the game). Details will be posted to our web site once it makes its triumphant return (which will be happening very soon)

Also, consider joining us on Saturday - we have two events.
    The first is our Birthday Celebration:
    http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=UFBHUYEQGBONATHNJFXZ
    http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_new...nt_id=84061&vkey=news_rbn&fext=.jsp&team=t107
    and the second is an "after party"
    http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=IWASSAGWPWHZMEOFTDBZ

5. tp1073

tp1073 New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    NJ
    You should trade in your tickets and get ones to sit with RBN. I know that first row seats are great, but half of the fun of the game is sitting with fellow diehard fans who are really into the game. I went to almost all the games last year and didn't sit with any supporter group and couldn't believe how many people around me were only half watching the game. So, after I met a couple RBN members at the playoff game in D.C., I decided to get my tickets this year in the RBN section.

6. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have front row tickets too, so if you are sitting by me we'll sing and chant together (I'm in section 111) :D

7. adiamas

adiamas Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Nanuet, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 109 :) so not far off. I'll have to swing over and say hello!

8. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be the one surrounded by day-traders and their children singing and chanting by myself :(

9. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the more reason to come join us in 115! ;)

10. VaVaVoomTiti

VaVaVoomTiti New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    New York City
    Yes i just bought 2 in the "Ultras section"...Can't wait to meet you all...I am glad to finally be supporting my local side...

ste

11. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Yeah, RBN 115 is the best section. You get an awesome view of the pitch and it's in the corner-side so you can watch the Red Bulls score, razz the other team's players during corner kicks or chant encouragement to the defense.

Anyone remember the time we chanted "Gomer Pyle! Gosh, Sarge!" at Christian Gomez and he turned around all pissed off. That was classic!

12. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18 years old, just bought season tickets for the first time myself. I think I'll hold off on partying with RBN until I hit the drinking age:p Anyway, I got front row seats myself this year. Section 113, Row 1 and I think he said seat 3. Very excited for it to start. Oh and when is that "meet the team" event?

13. adiamas

adiamas Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Nanuet, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Jason,

Welcome aboard. I get the impression from postings here that you don't have to drink at the pre-game events, so you should swing over anyways ;)

I'll be heading over, even if just to meet some of the other fans!

Rob

14. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jason and Rob, we welcome all ages in RagingBullNation (drinking just makes it that much more fun;) ) swing by and visit us in 115 or for a tailgate in lot 15A by the South Tower, just look for the banners!

15. The5thOfficial

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    Although some of those who are over the legal drinking age do drink - we also have our share of familes, and those who just don't drink. So I'm sure you'd feel right at home with us.

An important thing to consider when sitting in the stadium is how loud we are. I am hoping that those who may have requested seats ourside of The Corral (sectino 115), may reconsider. For two reasons:

First, the more people we have in 115 the louder we will be, the more unified we will be, and the better the fan and game day experience over all. Some of the front row seats are actually FARTHER from the pitch than the second and third row seats in our section.

Second, if we can get enoughnew season ticket holders, we could all be headed to DC or NE FREE!!!!! If you don't know what I'm referring to, the RBFO is running a contest for the supporters club with the most full-season ticket holders by may 4th. The winner gets a paid road trip and the priv to be called The Biggest Fan Club (or something like that).

Current stats are posted here
    http://web.mlsnet.com/t107/tickets/2007/season/standings/

I'm going to repost this part of my entry in a new thread also.

We need your support. Kearny Army has 54!!!!!!!! full-season ticket holders and this is their first year in the stadium as a group!

Just us - be loud - let the other fans and players know we are here - and also maybe win a seat on a road trip!!!

16. tp1073

tp1073 New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    NJ
    RBN & Kearny Army should have agreed to a merger and all sat in 115 together. This way we'd have close to 100 people and most likely be going on a free road trip. Not to mention a big, loud group of supporters sitting together.

17. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get over to the lot for a few tailgates. I'll bring my soda:) As for joining you guys in the stadium...errm, I have a front row season ticket, so that's a little hard to pass up you know.

18. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if you really want to have a large loud supporters section all of us should just be in the same area ESC, Kearny Army and you lot.

That said they aren't awarding this trip based on where you sit but simply are you a season ticket holder and are you a memeber of a supporters club. ESC has fans that sit in other setions than 101 for their own reasons but they count towards our total...if they indicate so.

Also, the orgainzer of KA says he wants to go the stand alone route for now, and they are not placing an emphasis on sininging, chants, etc....more of a bucnh of local boys hanging out together and watching the game together with plenty of suds.

Being that close though i am sure you guys will inadvertantly get some cheers together.

19. tp1073

tp1073 New Member

Nov 1, 2006
    NJ
    It seems to me that if KA just wants to sit together and watch the game then technically they shouldn't be in the running for the supporters club free trip. I think it should go to a club that helps add to the atmosphere of the stadium. I'm glad that KA is now involved, but the clubs that chant, sing, bang drums, etc. let the players know they're there for them win or lose.

I hope someday we'll all just sit together and be an imposing force to the away teams like DC's fans are. I hate those DC scum, but they sure are a pressence at RFK. Of course maybe someday, Red Bull Park will just be full of fans who are as loud and supportive as the supporters clubs are now.

20. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they are technically an organized fan supporters group. The have followed the same or similar protocals we did as fan groups. Their exact level of " voice projection" isnt know yet..we will just have to see. ESC has invited them to our tailgates before matches if they want to learn some songs....dont worry...we wont teach them any songs with naughty words in them ;)

We could all sit together but the powers that be in your organization decided on section 115, and i think wanted to be away from us for whatever reason...its their perogative.

Also as far as DC goes the only real major difference between Barra Brava and SE is the ticket allocation systems they use...they have some minor differnces but as far as support goes they have similar styles and mandates. They also dont have the "seat whinners" ebcause thier section is on the midfield line not the end line.

I doubt KA will get too many more people before the season starts...they have been holding steady at thi snumber for a while now.

I have no idea about you guys season ticket numbers.

As for ESC, we dont require them to be part of the supporters club if we went by simple registared members this wouldnt even be a contest. I suspect ESC will make it a close race as i know a few guys havent gotten around to getting them yet and quite a few who are members that have season tickets in other locations besides 101 havent yet specified to the team that they are ESC.

Either way win or lose, we will be doing our road trip bus adventures as always regardless. Would be nice thought to not have to use up a large portion the memberships fees to go to NE or DC...and use on merchandise and stuff instead.

21. The5thOfficial

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    I was going to respond to the earlier post but ran out of time before. I have a few minutes now so I'll put my two cents in here.

I'm not sure ESC would be willing to do what it took to get all the fan clubs together. As it was our founding members perogative to sit in 115, so to is it the perogative of some in ESC to use foul language, extremely foul langauge, and other "things" that those who have families, and bring these young children to the game, may not want to expose them to.
    '
    This is not to place a good/bad slant on any of this - as you say, it is ones peragotive and that doesn't make it wrong. It is what it is.

22. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, could you pm me the difference ;)

23. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think ESC's primary concern is having a loud and strong section, not just a a large section necessarily. Having a section of 500 people with only 50 or so lungs and 450 prawn sandwiches doesnt do much for supporting the team, may look nice on the telly and all but for us its about being the 12th man at games.

I think that whole "foul language" card is overplayed. Given the society we live in today, and the ever growing moral and social accpetance of bad words creaping into the mainstream jargon, a few cuss words isnt something to get all up in arms about. And to be honest most ESC songs dont have any curse words...the anti-DC songs do i will concead that.

But you are right ESC is not going to go PG-13 strictly just to have more bodies around, we want loud fans that want to be a deciding factor at matches.

That said, when we all were at the playoff game in NE a couple seasons ago...that turned out to be a great atmoshpre and it was ESC, Metronation, and the Metro FO.

24. The5thOfficial

Jan 18, 2007
    Kearny
    I'm not going to go round and round on this point. Its not just the songs, and I think that much is clear. But again, I don't intend to put a positive/negative slant on things either - much less try to say that one is better than the other.

However, I do have one question...
    Ok - so its more of a comment. If you have children, I'm very surprised that you might say something like this. If you don't have children, whereas I respect your opinion, I think it would be best for all of us who are not parents to leave the parenting to those who are.

I'm not sure I agree that foul language is a part of mainstream jargon and if it is, and I had kids, I'd probably want to protect them from that type exposure for as long as I could. I don't believe any good comes of young children being exposed to all that goes with this. Kids are like sponges, they soak everything up.

I respect, and would not consider asking, those involved with ESC to give up what they consider important to the game day experience. In that same respect, I would hope those in our fellow fan clubs would respect, and would not ask those in RBN, to consider giving up what they believe to be important. And no judgement should be made as to which treatment of the game day experience is better or worse.

25. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    touche

I remeber being a kid, i always was straight and narrow with the language around my parents, but on the playground at elementary school i was eposed to more than my share and contributed to as well, foul lnaguage. We used to sit around and invent nasty words and say them to, for kids its like a right of passage or something. All i am saying is whether you are aware of it or not kids learn plenty about foul language when you are not around in our wonderful education system.

Its not like kids dont know the words being used at the game or what they mean, they know trust me, pretending that by not having them around it at a game when you are there somehow is an effective shield is a major miscalculation.

But i do agree 101 is no place for very young kids 2-7 for many reasons.