June 28 Sol v. Red Stars

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Sol' started by hula, Jun 25, 2009.

1. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    What does everybody think? Our last home game, should be a good one. :D

2. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we're one dead-tired team, that's what I think.

3. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    LOL seriously.....well put. rep.

4. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well technically our last home game is on July 7th during the week... in the middle of the day.... yeah I'm sure that'll be record setting low LOL

I cant believe our home games are already done 6 weeks before the regular season ends.

i was actually thinking about going up north to see them take on Gold Pride at Buck Shaw, however I found out that's during the week as well and I can't make that.

5. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Oh yeah sorry, I forgot about that weird mid week day game.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    According to your schedule you have one more home game after this weekend against Athletica on Wednesday, July 8 at 12:00.

7. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, they didn't look too tired yesterday, did they??? What an awesome display of Sol-ness!!! Best game yet. Defense, midfield & Marta all clicked. It even makes up for the fact that I look like a lobster from sitting in the sun/standing in line to meet the players afterwards. I am lovin' the Sol today!:D:D:D

8. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that got a bit of sunburn.... I didn't realize how intense the sun was going to be, and I forgot to put stuff on my arms, I had sunscreen on my face though, thankfully. I noticed during the second half the people on the sidelines migrated to the shady top area of the sideline... which I found funny.

The game was so fun, I felt so sorry for the Red Stars though, I sit near a group of Red Stars supporters that I believe are family and friends of Rapinoe, after the game she climbed up to the stands and hugged them.

9. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    didn't you sit near all the red stars supporters the last time around as well? whassup with that? LOL

10. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bench - who needs a bench?

Well that's why he's the coach and I'm not. I was sure we would have more tired legs out there than we did. That's the worst thing I can say about the Red Stars -- how can they not look fresher than us when we were playing our 3rd game in a week, and after a game in heat and humidity that had us barely hanging on?

Coach Rogers did rest Bock to start the game and again he had to sub for Abily but it's amazing how Aya Miyama continues to play every minute of every match with all the energy she puts out in the midfield.