June 12th, US vs England, World Cup Awesomeness!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Chapter' started by whitehall l33t, Jun 3, 2010.

1. whitehall l33t

whitehall l33t New Member

May 17, 2009
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Ok boys and girls, we are just a little over a week away from the World Cup and the first game is gonna be one hell of a match if EPIC proportions!

So I wanted to pass along all the great details for June 12th at our two, count them two, viewing parties!

Pipers Pub - 1828 East Carson Street in the South Side

The HOME of soccer fandom here in Pittsburgh!
    All World Cup matches are being shown, door opens at 7:15 for the early matches!
    $2.50 Heineken cans for the US vs England Game
    Watch the match with some of the greatest soccer fans in Pittsburgh!

Rock Bottom Restaurant - The Waterfront across from Dave and Busters

- half-priced burgers and fish and chips from open until the final whistle

- $2.00 pints of cask conditioned ale during the match (at least 4 to choose from)

- $2.50 pints of house beers (excluding specialties) during the actual game (kick-off until final whistle).

- American Outlaw door prizes

- American Outlaw raffles

- foosball tournament –
    o Tables open for practice beginning at 11:00 am. Registration will close by 1:00, tournament to commence immediately thereafter. Structure of tournament

will be finalized based on registration.
    o $5.00 entry fee per team. Grand prize is 2 American Outlaw hoodies and a $50.00 Rock Bottom gift certificate

Also, for sale at each site will be Steel Army Outlaws t-shirts for the low low price of only $10 !!!

So, come on out, cheer on the Yanks, wear the Red White and Blue, and lets go USA!!!

(contact Brandon at americanoutlawspgh@gmail.com for additional details)

2. Stashy

Stashy New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    East Liverpool, OH
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have xxl. I'll see you guys at pipers

3. whitehall l33t

May 17, 2009
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Ya know, we didn't order any in that size, but we are currently at print, so I will see what I can do. Pricing may be a little different, but most likely it will still be $10.

Which site are you gonna be going to?

4. Stashy

Stashy New Member

Jan 27, 2009
    East Liverpool, OH
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to be at Pipers. How early do you think people should start showing. I know pipers is small and I doubt they can handle everybody.

5. whitehall l33t

May 17, 2009
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Checked on the T-shirts, and sorry, we couldn't change the current print job... we will have some XL shirts though, and we can get ya on the next batch if ya like.

Pipers... doors open at 7:15am and if you want a seat you should get there pretty darn early. Pipers is the mecca for soccer in Pittsburgh, and they are going to be showing all of the games, all day... so the joint is gonna be packed tight from start to finish. I know alot of people that are going there and making a day of it.

If you want some room to spread out, I would suggest hitting Rock Bottom. That site is kinda expandable, so if the crowds get big, we can take over more of the facility.

6. buzz1980

buzz1980 New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Piper's is going to be a great atmosphere, I'd prefer to have room to move about, so I'll be at Rock Bottom for the US England game.

7. UnionMan

UnionMan Member

May 7, 2009
    Manayunk
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piper's isn't a 3 Lions Pub correct? I'm planning on going to the Irish Pub in the Southside Works, just bigger area, Pipers will be way too crowded. Have a great time AO and Let's Go Yanks!

8. buzz1980

buzz1980 New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might we persuade you to come to Rock Bottom, if a crowded Piper's isn't your thing? The atmosphere and prices at RB will be much, much better than at Claddagh and Rock Bottom is a pretty decent sized place.

9. buzz1980

buzz1980 New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brandon, great job putting this all together! To see that many people show up at Rock Bottom was simply amazing, hopefully the atmosphere showed a few casual fans how much fun watching soccer can be.