juggling help!!

Discussion in 'Player' started by coolkid, Nov 16, 2004.

1. coolkid

coolkid New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    1) hey i was wondering how can i improve my juggling? should i just keep on juggling or what?

2) also while practicing juggling would it be better to practice with like a size 2 ball even though i use a size 5 ball
    can someone please help me thanks :confused:

2. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    #1 There is no certain excercises on juggling, you can make up them by yourself. First if you're not good at this stuff try only easy moves such as juggling with your right knee. Then gradually enable your left knee join to the excercise. The next step could probably be juggling with your feet, later your might also use your neck, head, shoulders etc.
    #2 You're right. The reason why miniballs can improve your juggling skills is it's much harder to control a small one than a big size 5 ball. After that you'll feel how easy it is to juggle with a normal ball.

3. Viking Striker

Viking Striker New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    I disagree with nvan. Practice with a size 5 until you can get 100 or so, and I'd also say to start with your feet as opposed to your thighs, because which do you use more in a game: feet or thighs?

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just keep having a go at it. Its a hard skill to master especially when you try and use both feet. People always go on about people juggling and how they show off and stuff. But they forget the hours of practice that has gone into it so they can perform those skills.

The best thing to do is just keep practicing. Start kicking the ball and having a bounce and then kicking the ball and having another bounce and so on. When you get more confidence try and get 2 touches in before it bounces. Just remember to keep your foot fairly relaxed.

If you can already juggle a bit then just keep on trying to do as many kick ups as you can. Remember DONT USE YOUR HANDS! The worst thing people do when they are learning to juggle is as soon as the ball 'looks' like its going out of control they catch it. Dont use different parts of your body to keep it up and get it back under control.

But really all you can do is practice practice. You can use different size balls. But until you get the hang of it. I'd stick to a size 5 when you get a bit better you can maybe move to a smaller ball. But get your confidence with a bigger ball first.

Good luck and keep practicing!

appleCORR

5. Brejrin

Brejrin New Member

Jun 23, 2004
    T&T
    try not to let the ball spin
    that will make the next touch harder to control and is bad technique
    try to use your instep and good some good contact on the ball

6. Viking Striker

Viking Striker New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Actually, about putting spin on the ball, a lot of coaches teach you to give the ball backspin in order to keep the ball in your range of control.

7. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    i have a question. my record i juggle easily with putting backspin. i can juggle with no spin but i have to like extend my foot as far down as possible and hit the ball with it parallel to the ground so i cant do that many in a row. my friend also juggles good but he naturall puts little spin on the ball and cant juggle with spin but his technique is the same as mine with spin i dont understand how this i spossible

8. JoseP

JoseP Member

Apr 11, 2002
    All good advise here. The only thing I would add is to make sure that when you juggle you try to stay in the same spot. If your running around it is a good indication that the juggling is a bit out of control. If you can keep your body in the same spot it is a lot easier to control.

9. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    I know you've heard it before but just practice. Go out there and say you won't stop until you break your record every time. That's what I did. I did that for three weeks and my jggling record went from 30 something to in the 1000's.

10. theblondsoccerstar

theblondsoccerstar New Member

Nov 12, 2004
    UT, USA
    that is exactly what i did and my juggling improved dramatically. i didn't stop until i broke my record each day. although, it takes alot of self discipline, but even if you just beat your record by 1 or somethin, its still really good. im just warning ya.... it takes more than a week to get it down solid. good luck! :)

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Practice, practice, practice and when you are done practice some more!!

its the best way to improve juggling the more often you do it the better you will become.

appleCORR

12. Turk from Pigs Eye

Turk from Pigs Eye New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Pigs Eye (St. Paul),
    There's lots of ways to learn. I recommend the #5 ball, use both feet if possible (not the knees), don't count, relax.

13. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I just watch a lot of Juggling Videos and Fallow what those guys do, I can do almost every move. Oh and its easier to juggle with your feet then with your knees. Oh and Make Sure your searing Tennis Shoes or Basket ball shoes.

14. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    practise by juggleing in a circle with friends

15. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    just to add something

play a game with a reason to win such as not getting the ball shot at you

16. Sain1

Sain1 New Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Dallas
    Thats what we do at our practices, we get in a circle, and if you mess up jugglig or make a bad pass then you get an A, then an S, then the final S, after thta you have to get against a wall, and the ball isp laced about 18 yards out and everyone else in the circle gets to shoot at you.

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    get in a circle and the 1st person to mess up sits in the middle. then start juggling again and after x amount of touches everyone can hit the person in the middle. if the guy in the middle catches it he leaves the circle, if someone messes up or misses the guy with their shot they go in the middle.

18. juggler

juggler New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Athens
    I'm juggling with balls and clubs and i like contact juggling using acrylics...
    So,i hadn't tried before juggling with a soccer ball...man that's the easiest thing,cause the ball is big!!!So without any practice at all with a soccer ball...i'm able to perform lots of rolls over my body!
    So people start contact juggling!:D:D:D(I'm kidding!)

19. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    lol, i remember making same exact thread about 8 months ago. ANd my answer is PRactice Practice Practice! it def takes time bt its worth it. I remember when i couldnt juggle more then 30 and i never could juggle with my left/weaker leg and now i can do like 500 with feet only...right...left...right...left most of thetime, thats not that much but i dont really try anymore...however i do soccer freestyle. www.magicfeet.cjb.net Thats my wensite and I have videos on my on that site. Just look for videos by Krystian Fryzlewicz and thats me....

so again PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

20. DrMom9900

DrMom9900 New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    PVB or Jupiter, FL
    Bs, u guys cant do 500-1000.

21. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There are plenty of people who can...

I can't :p (though, I haven't counted).

22. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Actually many people can do it for that long. When you learn the proper technique It just comes naturally and you can almost go on forever. If Im just doing one foot to the other I can go on for a long time but I always mess up when I try and do tricks.

23. DrMom9900

DrMom9900 New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    PVB or Jupiter, FL
    Hm, i just i cant comprehend that number, watching someone juggle 500 times, what is that like 30 minutes of straight juggling? I guess when i get better at juggling i can then realize that its easy.

24. Lehuynhduc

Lehuynhduc New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    When you get the hang of it, 500-1000 is easy. I only drop the ball because it got so boring and then I lose my concentration.

25. KrystianR9

KrystianR9 New Member

Feb 5, 2004
    `yeh alot of ppl can do 500+.....but also there is a lot of people who could go on forever.......till they get bored or tired