Judd straight into Carlton's hierarchy

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by babytiger2001, Jan 24, 2008.

1. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And by "hierarchy", I mean the Blues' leadership panel on-field.

Not to mention, none other than Brendan Fevola is tipping Chris Judd -- some months after joining Carlton in his much-publicized move from the West Coast Eagles -- to become the Blues' next captain.

Thoughts? Reactions?

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carlton are expecting 15,000 fans to turn up to Princes Park for Judd's only preseason appearance, albeit it's just a practice match, this Friday night against the Western Bulldogs.

4. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I quite liked Princes Park when I had a look round it. It's a shame they can't play a game or so each year at the old venue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's something I would love to see, too! I was at that so-called "last match ever" at the venue a few years ago when Melbourne beat Carlton, and even in its corporate boxes, one could tell that it's still a very viable facility.

And something else folks like Richard and Spartacus would appreciate -- even as we speak, we just ran into groups of Carlton and Western Bulldogs fans streaming out of Flinders Street Station, teeming their way towards the #19 Coburg trams en route to Princes Park and Royal Parade, via Elizabeth Street.

Carlton appears to be getting more than that guesstimated 15,000 fans for this evening's practice match.

6. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in an on-the-spot report, a correspondent for the AFL's website says that Judd has emerged well from the early stages of the Blues' match against the Western Bulldogs.

And the crowd has been guesstimated at only 7,000, for what it's worth.