Juan Guillermo Cuadrado - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by BigSoccer Bot, Apr 4, 2009.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    if he deserved yellow or red wasnt the point...

is that you said "part of the reason i dont want to see as rb" tell me how another player will handle in a diferent way the play..........did you see the play??? if he was red card in that play.....it isnt related of his performance as right back.....

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I did not watch the match but I heard Cuadrado struggled a bit defensively yesterday.
    Reinforces my earlier take on how I cringe thinking about him playing RB for the Seleccion.

3. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't see the match but Cuadrado has been quite good in that position. Arias is number one but Cuadrado is a good backup. Nothing cringe worthy IMO.

Speaking of Arias, hopefully he goes somewhere where he gets consistent playing time.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120] for Arias - Medina is too inconsistent to be 1 or 2

5. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cuadrado has been really good and a standout player for Juventus this season, he was up against Insigne in Naples not an easy task. Napoli dominated some very good teams this season there, even during a down year so its not like he struggled against scrubs.

J-Mezzy, Bomb8 and pepinointer repped this.
  6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah cuadrado have been great in that position during all season......we cant just wait that he have a mistake in a match each 3 months to say.........."he isnt for that position"

and is juventus a top 5 of europe.........isnt like a team without high requirements

J-Mezzy, Bomb8, kromekote and 1 other person repped this.
  7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    And he's doing it with very little experience there over the last few years, crazy how good he's done and I'd argue if all things were considered I'd take Cuadrado over Arias right now but in reality Cuadrado as an 8 and Arias is probably best for the team.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I understand what people are saying he has been consistent for the most part against mid level italian teams.

However, playing for Colombia at RB he will be facing great players in the Qualifiers and the Copa America just like the ones he faced against Napoli.
    Just does not sit well with me and glad he is at 8 in midfield and not at RB.
    I have seen time and time again he seems to lose the ball and his defensive positioning in recovery is not that good in yellow.

9. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Cuadrado's defensive work rate has always been really good, and his tracking back or ball loss while playing in midfield is not really comparable to playing RB. And there is an argument that Arias hasn't been playing against average La Liga competition so it cuts both ways. All that said I'm happy to have Arias in RB and think he's always been good for us, but his lack of PT is a bit worrying.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Medina will probably be starter anyway. :ROFLMAO:

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I'm no Medina fan but I don't think he's been too shabby nor do I think our problem is our collective back 4/defense. Cuadrado is a major threat from Midfield forward and having him in the back takes away from a potential MF to cover a lack of offensive AMFs with the likes of James/JFQ not available. If CQ is asking the defensive wings to stay put and don't attack the space than it doesnt really matter who we have in that spot.

HomietheClown repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Medina is much better than people
    Make him out to be

defensively he is 100x better than Cuadrado
    He also defiantly has more minutes than Cuadrado or Arias

offensively it’s no contest

arias shouldn’t really be discussed he should have tried to push a transfer this winter

HomietheClown repped this.
  13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3113 pepinointer, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020

Medina is almost useless.....he only offers "classy passes" but he isnt able to offer attack by the wing............and in defense he is average....he have been distroyed a lot of by wings because he isnt fast.....in copa agsint chile we suffered that for example.

Cuadrado played every match with juventus.....so he isnt in advanatge of medina.

That medina is bad attacking doesnt mean he is really good defending.......yeah he is one the best in his position in mexican football...

And having a player that only offer pass when he have the ball can become a major problem to defend and keep the ball........that exactly happened agaisnt chile......his lack of movility made it easy for Chile to pressure us and not let us leave our field all the time

J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #3114 pepinointer, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    He had better matches agaisnt better teams than napoli like ateltico de madrid, inter, atalanta, roma. lazio............so dont try to say that he plays good agsint mid italian teams just to misrepresented his performance in that position this season....he have faced and perfomed well againt players of top queality...better than napoli.

Is fallacios wait a mistake to say that he isnt for that position and to say that he is onyl good for mid italian teams..........If you dont like him in that position or dont give confidence.......just tell but dont try to mispresent facts over his performance this season

15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Medina is too inconsistent at NT level. I think we can all agree on that.

I think the friendly prior to the CA he had a beautiful assist but I just cringe when I see him in starting 11 in big games.

During the CA last year, he looked timid and didn’t have the confidence to push forward and appeared overwhelmed to the point cuadrado was dropping back to be a 2nd RB, especially against Chile.

Didn’t Medina get subbed out against Qatar at half time bc he was adding nothing? A defensive sub mid game is pretty bad if it is not injury related.

I know arias has problems with minutes at the club level but anytime he plays for Colombia, he’s a solid 6.5 / 7.5 out of 10.

Considering that Cardona is apparently out of the picture and Quintero is likely not in any short/medium term plans and James has his share of problems at Real Madrid, cuadrado will continue to be a midfield general in that 8 role.

Azucarero repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am saying what I am comfortable with and that is him playing at the current position of 8. And every little mistake adds up. The ones I have seen and the ones described in big matches. The CONMEBOL qualifiers are going to be very high pressured and are different than most matches he has played for Juve. That has to be emphasized.

Against Bolivia like when Pekerman used him I would not mind him at RB. Most other matches would have me reaching for the tums.

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  19. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ^ The video doesn't work, but the goal was nice today. Good team play.

20. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Try this video of JC’s goal:

https://streamja.com/r3gM

sidspaceman, kromekote and Bomb8 repped this.
  21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Playing more of a midfield with Danilo behind him.

Just the way I like it.:thumbsup:

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MOTM against Inter today. Def should start at RB for us

he did have a great shot to score but dribbled too long like he normally does instead of shoot or pass. Defensively was great

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #3124 HomietheClown, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Not to beat a dead horse here but I think it will either be # 8 or on the front line/ attacking winger.

In a recent ESPN Deportes interview Cuadrado mentioned that Queiroz has complimented his play as a winger the last few months for Juve and said that he does not know what he will do with him now based on his offense.

That leads me to believe that we could more likely see something like this in some matches:

James---Duvan------Cuadrado

------Yairo---Barrios---Uribe

I do not think Cuadrado will play defensive RB unless it is against Bolivia or some other horrible team.

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Looks like he came on in the 86th minute.

Anybody see the game?