Juan Camilo Hernandez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    rare for colombians, standard for many other countries

2. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think the biggest problem is our league does not prepare players to jump to Europe right away, tactics and pace of games aren't conducive to making that jump, so it usually takes some time to transition. Argentinian league for example seems to prepare players a lot better to make the jump, we produce some very good talent but the development of modern tactics in our league seems pretty shit, if we can improve there I think our national team and players will thrive.

ryu79 and krass repped this.
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Damnit he reminded us how badly we need to fix our defense. I was seriously hoping he wouldn't score against us.

lvbeto repped this.
  4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    colombianballa91, Azucarero and lvbeto repped this.
  5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was not a good fit for EPL or La Liga, but he's too good for MLS. He'd probably thrive in Portugal or Belgium, even in France.

pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    or in Millonarios

dapip repped this.
  7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He'd run circles around most defenses in South America. Off course he'd be great fit at Millos.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    actually our last experience with monbtero showed that millonarios demand more..

recently dauyron asprillña layed in millonarios with bad succes...and he is playing decente in mls...

dapip repped this.
  9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Scored a double.

lvbeto and Azucarero repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Too good for MLS

should be at River or Brazil

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope Mina goes to MLS, River or Brazil and stops getting injured

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Looks like he bulked up a bit too, bigger leagues will be offering him an out by next summer for sure.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    only to find himself back in mls or South America

he is too good for mls

not good enough for Europe

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not the top leagues, but definitely second tier. As I’ve said, Portugal, Benelux, France would work for him.

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #940 villus, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    He's fine for Europe, may not be a super star in a top European team but he can definitely be a contributor in any league across Europe. He's 23, its not normal to expect players to be finished products excelling in new countries in their early 20's, this is a normal progression for players.

He lead his team in expected assists and goals per/90 for a team that had multiple coaches and he had a bad injury last year in the EPL. Not exactly a nightmare showing, he produced when he played largely in a week attacking side. He's bounced around a ton because of his contract with Watford which did him no favors, at 23 I think he could easily be a good player for mid table and below sides which is perfectly fine. Going to the MLS was surprising, he's basically showing how far above that level is right away which isn't surprising for me. Lots of variables that lead to a players results, he's had a bad set of circumstances but throughout he's shown stats that paint the picture of a solid but not super star player.

colombianballa91 repped this.
  16. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    These days players are expected to be at their maximum potential by their mid-20s (23-26) and given the physicality of the modern game, a big percentage will see a steep decline after 30. After a player turns 25, there will be almost no opportunity to join a good team in a top league, and he will no longer be considered a salivating prospect.

Off course, there are exceptions and there are many veteran players still excelling in their mid to late 30s, but for the bulk of those in the 4 top tier leagues, their prime years are 23 to 30.

ryu79 repped this.
  17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    25-28 is considered your prime years where you are at your peak physically as an athlete with the combination of experience and training, lots of players will be a lot better at 26 then 22. So coming into those years is when you really want to judge a player on their level, plenty will move to the top teams during those prime years and many will fall out of top teams before they reach that level. Lots of variables, but Cucho has been considered a top prospect since his teenage years and hasn't panned out, but he still has years to go before his peak and is still right now a solid player. He was a top prospect for a bunch of reasons that are still there, if he can get consistent and add more weapons then he's perfectly on track to be very good in his peak years which he is just now coming up on.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think everyone here wants every player to be James or Falcao. I think at 23... falcao was injured with 3 broken knee injuries?

They talk about Jackson who didn't live up to Falcao or Bacca. But like Jackson had a really good career in Europe he just got a odd injury and never recovered.

Bacca was a top scorer at Sevilla and then at Ac Milan. I just don't understand what some of you want. Arias until he went to Atletico Madrid also has had a pretty solid career.

Guys like Yepes, Cordoba, Falcao and James are rarities for any National team especially for us who don't have every player magically having an Italian grandma like Argentina for that EU pass. Even Davison is having a great career in Europe he just needs to leave Tottenham to revive his career a bit.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah,,,,but cucho wasnt going in the same trace......there was never any sign of improvement. same performance in his 4 seasons...never started.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he wont will succes in brasil for sure...

21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If things go his way, Cucho will be able to use the MLS to stand out significantly and get snatched up by a European team; he may have been overshadowed and not really acknowledged. I would like to think that he will be able to standout and show what he can offered.

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1557102490612645888 is not a valid tweet id

23. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A Lambo? I guess MLS is it then, not so bad, haha.

kromekote repped this.
  24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea he left for a pay day. I mean I don't think he was making that much in Spain in a team that was going to get demoted or in England. I mean I just think he too good of a prospect to not be in Europe.

he was given 4 seasons at lower level teams where he had a lot of playing time he just wasn't consistent. Could be his teammates sucked but again didn't do enough other than show some sparks of talent.

If we call him up and he scores a bunch for us maybe he can get back to Europe but MLS does not sell for cheap so he better win us a Copa America with 17 goals since that's the only way a remotely big team is going to pay the insane transfer fee MLS will want.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Since some of you are not in the US :)

At least in the east coast we have car excise tax....

so he would have to pay for the state sales tax on this and then excise tax every year following it.

I have a Nissan Rogue and my wife has a Mazda CX5. Both around 30-35k cars tho pre covid you paid around like 25k for them. Any way CT fks us both up the ass on excise tax and we pay a nice 3k in taxes for them each year. I had to talk her down from getting the Audi Q5. Which was my previous car that my old company use to pay for :)

now I wouldn't even want to imagine what a Lambo taxes would be.