Jozy (?): Bursaspor vs Medical Park Antalyaspor 4/8 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Gorky, Apr 8, 2011.

1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    79th min.

2. blackdeathFC

blackdeathFC Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Thanks. you guys have me thinking there's like 2 minutes left...

3. smokey

smokey Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Cali
    Jozy does not seem to have the work rate of the players around him. Its really obvious.

4. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Wow, that defintiely could have been a penalty on Kenny Miller, guy shoves him right in the face after missing the ball.

5. Xenimus

Xenimus Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really not seeing that, especially when he has ran the 4th most in meters on his team.

edit: Albeit, he has looked tired in the 2nd half. Too be expected when you run yourself ragged in the 1st.

6. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    Jozy does well to get around the defender, but ends up in at an impossible angle. Would have been something special to get it in from there. Nobody following him for the pass for some reason.

7. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Nice layoff by Jozy but I'd rather see him go for goal from that close.

8. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    Jozy with a nice lay off to Miller, whose shot is blocked.

9. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here - thought he was going to get a shot off...

10. Xenimus

Xenimus Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have liked him to shoot in my own greedy way, but he made the right decision to pass to a wide open teammate in front of the net.

11. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Jozy looks gassed, still trying but he just can't show for the ball as much. Good match overall from him though I think.

12. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy off. He did ok

13. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Jozy with a nice chested through ball to his teammate but the defender cuts it out.

Now Jozy comes off in the 88th minute. Good match from him in my opinion. Too bad they won't get the result though.

14. StarvingGator

StarvingGator Member

Jun 22, 2007
    The Hospital Bar
    Subbed in the 89th.

Overall a good match. He's clearly not used to playing midfield. His fitness needs to improve dramatically if he's going to continue playing mid.

15. jwat15

jwat15 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    jozy subbed. Good goal for him. I think his work rate wasnt the question, if anything he was just point blank tired at the end there. understandable with the amount of field he covered compared to his usual role.

16. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    After watching the replay I honestly don't agree. It was a great layoff but he was at a good angle and really was so close that he should have taken an attempt at goal instead of playing the ball to Kenny Miller who had 3 or 4 defenders trying to block the shot in front of him. Jozy had no one but the keeper to try to stop a shot there.

17. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy did his job and played well overall. Their defense has sucked every time I watched them. They can't even deal with the tiniest amount of pressure.

18. Bigloco

Bigloco Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This...hes up and down in the first half and I'm thinking its the most active I've ever seen him...but he pays for it in the second half and is dog tired.

19. jwat15

jwat15 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    That blonde defender for bursa is a slob.

20. TheJester525

TheJester525 Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Bay Area
    definitely. On the replay it looked like he had a good look to smash that thing to far post (kinda like donovan's last goal for everton). With that many defenders in the way, I'm a little surprised he elected to pass.

21. Xenimus

Xenimus Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Upon replay I have to agree with you. It would have been better to shoot that.

22. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Man, really disappointing result for Bursa.

23. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Yeah buddy.
    I didint liked golie of Bursaspor . He usualy stop thoes kind of goals scenes.
    Today not was his day .

Bursaspor entire defens four;
    Wederson. he were soft at the left back, he lost his player, and it cost goals.
    Gustav Svenson. a Sweden NT ragular player, He usualy plays at DM in NT and Bursaspor, but some game he plays CB,tonight were one of thoes day He played as a CB...He had big error two goal of Antalyaspor.
    Serdar Aziz. This is a young talent CB. he plays u21 NT, This season he gets starting positions in the Bursaspor,but he is less experianced defender and player at the field for Bursaspor. I think his game increase(+) when the team most experianced player aka Omer Erdogan play next to Serdar Aziz, the kid play confidance it seems...Today he did so so at the back line,it was not so easy to mark Necati or Tita both player is tricky and speedy with ball or free run....

I liked Jozy's entire overall game performance. HE scored world class goal.
    He created few nice goal chances to his teammates.He runned to help his own defens and dm's... He at the end a bit felt tired after aspecialy two rapid Antalyaspor easy goal getting.

Batalla both half didint service to the Jozy at all...This midfielder job is feeding the forwards, but,He didint wanna see Jozy at entire game...one scene Jozy gets mad to the Batalla because of bad pass.

Only Volkan as a ofensive player wich seems to service create for Jozy ,wich is end beautiful goal.

Volkan-Batalla. one read and passed well to the Jozy and Miller.
    the other one just passed Miller or killed the danger position to miss pass to blind place.

Bursaspor right back usualy dont play as a starter. He is young and youth player,less experianced,he usualy at the bench as a sub,but this week duo to Ali Tandogan suspention of yellow card, less experianced kid played the right back and He didint support Jozy at all...The kid were struggle and afraid to make mistake to goes upfront wing etc...If Ali Tandogan were at the pitch in the right back,
    I believe it would be more service for Jozy .one from left wing Volkan another one from Ali Tandogan from right full wing.

Anyway,

Bursaspor CL spot chance is slim,but You never know...

Next game is another big game...vs Leader Trabzonspor.

good luck Jozy Bursaspor.

regards,

24. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone have a video of the goal?

25. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the game, but there's going to be some adjustment from Center Forward to right midfield.

As far as the giveaway, was it ala Ricardo Clark against Ghana? Or was it more like an probing upfield pass that perhaps was a bit too soon?