Jozy Altidore in studio w Colin Cowherd

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BakedAlaskan, Jun 27, 2013.

1. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming up before the US v Ghana U-20 World Cup in an hour

2. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Thanks for the heads up, Jozy is a very professional interviewee.

Eek, at the end Colin called him "Joe-zay Altidore" ala Jose Mourinho.

Oh well, still a good interview and I think Jozy was dead on with his analysis of our team and himself.

3. UShornet

UShornet Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice interview. Jozy is a good spokesman for the team and US soccer in general. I like listening to Colin and it's nice to know he does know some things about soccer with guys like Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, etc.

4. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good interview. Very mature guy. I personally liked what he had to say about Donovan when Cowherd was scratching around for some signs of controversy there. I'm looking forward to LD back with the group.

5. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate when people say "Team USA" unless it's the Olympics. I'm glad Colin did the segment, and he's had Lalas on in the past a number of times too, but I really don't like Cowherd. He was trying to be "controversial" by asking if Landon had a spot on the team going forward, but he made it out as if Landon would be battling Jozy for a spot.

stonejh127 repped this.
  6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I like how Jozy handled the question about whether we'd be a top 12 team. Yeah I don't get why the guy would bring up drama as if Jozy was battling Landon. Jozy is 7 years younger and they don't even play the same position. Though it's interesting to note that Jozy seems to be thinking past him on the team.

7. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    aveslacker repped this.
  8. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I've had a soft spot for Cowherd for his 180 on soccer in 2009.

To me, it was symbolic of the fact that soccer finally gained "acceptance" in the mainstream sports media.

9. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    You know, it's funny to realize how little I've listened to American non-soccer sports media personalities for several years now, apart from listening specificallly to baseball guys covering baseball (the only other sport I'm really into anymore). Listening to these guys talk soccer (even though he's no longer bashing it) just sounds really awkward.

Jozy handles himself well. He has for a while now.

10. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I look at it as a sign soccer is becoming part of the mainstream sports culture. Goes the other way too--a lot of these commentators are ex-athletes and I remember a few years ago Wynalda was filling in on one of the ESPN shows (I think Mike and Mike) and commenting on football, baseball, etc.

That said, Cowherd is the worst. I can only tolerate him when he's making fun of Tony Romo, which he does better than anyone.

11. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see why Colin felt the need to bring up ol' Landycakes. Jozy definitely handled it in the most neutral way possible.